ADVERTISEMENT

Park-Lane Named to BIG EAST Weekly Honor Roll

LP_Honor_Roll_copy_Mpob7.jpg

The Pirates' point guard averaged 25.3 points and 6.7 assists per game in a 2-1 showing at the Paradise Jam.​

NEW YORK –Seton Hall senior Lauren Park-Lane (Wilmington, Del.) was named to the BIG EAST Women's Basketball Weekly Honor Roll on Monday.

Park-Lane brought her best game to the island of St. Thomas last week during the Paradise Jam. In three games, the Wooden Award candidate averaged a team-best 25.3 points and 6.7 assists per contest. Her efforts helped lift The Hall to victories in two of three games including high-major opponents Wisconsin and previously unbeaten Georgia.

In the opener against VCU, Park-Lane scored 13 of her team-best 16 points in the fourth quarter as the Pirates nearly rallied for a victory. On Saturday, she erupted for a career-high 37 points, finishing just one point shy of Seton Hall's single-game record, in a convincing win over Wisconsin. Against Georgia on Saturday, Park-Lane rounded out her strong week with game-highs of 23 points and nine assists as The Hall upset the Bulldogs. She was 5-for-9 from three-point range as well.

Her efforts earned her a spot on the Paradise Jam All-Tournament Team and moved her into the career top-10 on Seton Hall's scoring list with over 1,300 points.

Connecticut's Aaliyah Edwards was named BIG EAST Player of the Week. Xavier's Fernanda Ovalle earned Freshman of the Week honors. In addition to Park-Lane, members of the Weekly Honor Roll include Creighton's Lauren Jensen, DePaul's Aneesah Morrow, Providence's Janai Crooms and Villanova's Maddy Siegrist.

Seton Hall will return to action on Friday when opens BIG EAST play at Xavier. Tip time is scheduled for 7:00 p.m. ET. The game will be streamed live by the BIG EAST Digital Network and available for FloSports subscribers. Jackson Shank and Chris Kiely will provide the call for WSOU FM.

Re Assess

A great group of players but

Time to re assess some things

1. This is not a NCAA tournament team
2. We have no go to scorer and no offensive sets
3. The Halloway impact is not there yet
4. Coach impact on recruiting is not there due to NIL issue
5. School done a bad job on NIL
6. Practice facility remains in limbo
7 Time to look at another sponsor vs AU.
Reactions: MTOleBlue

A health recommendation for the board

We just lost another game and looked like crap. And we may lose a bunch more in the same way.

For me in years past, this would have been accompanied with a lot stress, yelling at the TV, etc.

So I'll offer a suggestion I've found helpful:

When we play bad, suck, or blow games, I go "Ah well. That's too bad." and move on.

When we play well and win, I get more into it.

It's an approach I've now gotten to apply twice today (earlier, the Ravens blew it against the Jags in the final seconds).

To your health!

Six Pack Oklahoma

Maybe we can take turns starting a 6 pack in the short term?

1) That was atrocious. If they play like that it's going to be a long season. Now we have 2 double digit losses against good programs in the OOC with Kansas next week. Sha has to realize that to get a bid the team needs some quality wins out of conference. Being honest we look like an NIT team. He set the tone by saying he wasn't looking forward to this tournament in Florida.

2) The team has no true PG nor 5 although Samuel has improved. Harris is the only guy that can play at the proper tempo. He probably will turn it over, but he can bring stability in the short term. It could lead to some discipline on the offensive end.

3) Sha is going to play KC a lot of minutes. Took more shots than Harris.

4) Dre Davis will not pass the ball. T Davis has to be reeled in with less minutes. It is good that he's getting experience for sure. They both play like they have guaranteed NBA contracts. Dre Davis 0-6 from three so far in Florida I believe.

5) Richmond??

6) Hopefully Dawes can bring some consistency to his overall play.
Reactions: SHU Advisory

The Seton Hall Pirate Blue Thanksgiving

Just returned from the "Team " dinner at the Gaylord Palms Resort. A fantastic evening . I would hope that all my Seton Hall Brothers and Sisters would have the occasion to attend such an event organized by Pirate Blue. Great job by Niko ,Chris Bryan and the whole crew. Attention to everyone and attention to detail.

I want to give Thanks to the Kids on the Team . This may be the nicest, most polite and attentive group of Kids that I have met --and I still love Cale, Rhoden et al. The only down part of talking to the "new " Team is that I can no longer be critical .(in particular to our Freshmen). :cool: They will find their Mojo but in a quieter way than we may be used to seeing.

Siena vs Seton Hall

SIENA

LOCATION Loudonville, NY

CONFERENCE Metro Atlantic Athletic

LAST SEASON 15-14 (.517)

CONFERENCE RECORD 12-8 (3rd)

STARTERS RETURNING/LOST 2/3

NICKNAME Saints

COLORS Green & Gold

HOMECOURT Times Union Center (8,444)

OFFICIAL WEBSITE SienaSaints.com

COACH Carmen Maciariello (Siena ’01)