ADVERTISEMENT

2024 NIT Champs

Expectations are the key. Before the season and then early in the campaign we had readers here predicting 2-4 wins in conference. We won 13 and got screwed by the selection committee. The team could have packed it in but instead proved the committee wrong. In my book that's a tremendous job by all concerned and we should be proud of the team and their accomplishments.

Dan, I would love to get peoples' reactions if they too sat thru the NJIT game. We had nothing.

Preseason I was optimistic (I actually aw us finishing around 4-5 after Uconn, MQ and CU and maybe someone else), post NJIT I was hoping the winter weather was gonna be OK cause going to the games on a clear road would be enough torture for one night lol. The away OOC games and the RU game made it worse, and then we played the best team in the country.

Re the NIT, I am sick of the downplaying of it. Like Dan says, we got screwed, we shook it off and we won five more games, the last one in an overwhelmingly hostile arena. GREAT JOB!!! It aint the NCAAs but it is what we had to deal with. And we dealt!

Expectations are the key. Before the season and then early in the campaign we had readers here predicting 2-4 wins in conference. We won 13 and got screwed by the selection committee. The team could have packed it in but instead proved the committee wrong. In my book that's a tremendous job by all concerned and we should be proud of the team and their accomplishments.
Point is how often does a power conference team that got royally screwed do anything in the NIT?

What the Pirates did under Holloway was amazing. The fan base should be proud of the accomplishment and any banner hung inside the gym or on campus is richly deserved.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT