ADVERTISEMENT

5 pressing preseason questions

To me one of the more pressing questions is can we stay healthy especially in the front court where we’re short on depth..

Reactions: mbraue
One cause for hope is with two guys (Kadary and Feme), big guards that can pass, will help the offense to get untracked. Now both are turnover prone, but they do think pass.

Reactions: mbraue and Piratz
One cause for hope is with two guys (Kadary and Feme), big guards that can pass, will help the offense to get untracked. Now both are turnover prone, but they do think pass.
Speaking of…

Subscribers only

Hopefully Sha gets the Harris bros some minutes together before Jaquan officially redshirts

On the point of so many new faces, with player movement being what it is these days existing relationships can be important in getting everyone on the same page quicker. Holloway has that in droves here, at least. Plus Holloway runs a meritocracy and isn’t just deferring to them to figure it out. To me that could be another way to build cohesiveness quicker.

I think we should have a pretty good team. At least NCAA Tournament-good. Excited to see how it all comes together as the entire program will have a new vibe this year.

I agree with Piratz' assessment of the team and go into the new season with confidence

We have raved about our depth since that infamous day in the BG regime (or maybe that was early KW??) when a poster said our 2nd team is a top level BE team. Maybe this is the year the raves are warranted. I see a lot of kids who fit the bill.

Having Femi and Kadary urging each other forward would be a great thing to see.

Have to find out. But I recently spoke to both Jaquan and Jamir and they both smiled and instantly said he was the best of the three.

Brotherly love? I don't think so.

Reminds me of talking to the Gibbs brothers many years ago and they said the same thing about their younger sibling who eventually starred for Notre Dame.

That's been a possibility since the day he signed.

The Hall has to take care of the Harris family because the most talented brother is still in HS.

The last time that actually worked out for us was Peter LaCorte.

Talk about a coincidence. HallRox just saw him the other day at her place of business. He's doing well.

Disagree with Jerry’s point #2.
Injuries to the 2 worst players on the team & Yetna should not set the chemistry or fit back. It should actually help. They weren’t going to see the court, so more time for the better players.

Disagree with Jerry’s point #2.
Injuries to the 2 worst players on the team & Yetna should not set the chemistry or fit back. It should actually help. They weren’t going to see the court, so more time for the better players.
Think one of problems per another article was Sha mentioned they couldnt have 5 on 5 scrimmages due to injuries over the summer, so will have less time to gel on court.

I agree with Piratz' assessment of the team and go into the new season with confidence

We have raved about our depth since that infamous day in the BG regime (or maybe that was early KW??) when a poster said our 2nd team is a top level BE team. Maybe this is the year the raves are warranted. I see a lot of kids who fit the bill.

Having Femi and Kadary urging each other forward would be a great thing to see.
I agree with our depth being a very strong suit and perhaps one of the strongest in the Big East.

SPK doesn’t agree, however.

Reactions: Seton75
Depth is great until you don’t have it. Every year we have great depth and then there are injuries and players that don’t live up to expectations.

I just hope that Sha’s style of coaching with constant/mass player substitutions doesn’t sacrifice quality for quantity and over time develop in to more of an audition for 2023 rather than playing the best.

I don't see either of the two transfers as being the team leader.

A major point should also be how Shaheen handles a full-season on the sidelines in a major conference. There are bound to be growing pains and ups and downs.

That's been a possibility since the day he signed.

The Hall has to take care of the Harris family because the most talented brother is still in HS.
Like the Gibbs brothers - they saved the best for last. TJ chose Notre Dame.

I agree with our depth being a very strong suit and perhaps one of the strongest in the Big East.

SPK doesn’t agree, however.
Every single solitary year at this time we (and all programs) say they have such great depth. Rarely is it true.

Reactions: SHUSA
Depth is great until you don’t have it. Every year we have great depth and then there are injuries and players that don’t live up to expectations.
Mike Brown , when he was an assistant to PJ used to say that when the recruits you bring in are better then the ones that are leaving your program is on an upward trend and when the opposite is true it’s on a downward trend. That’s why I’m waiting to see just how good the 23 class is and what the makeup is, how many prep players and how many transfers.

Reactions: Piratz
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT