ADVERTISEMENT

A good read and one I can relate to

Thanks. Will check it out. I follow politics pretty closely and don't know much about this guy. The general proposition from the headline is fanciful IMO. Perhaps someone like this captures many non-Trump traditional R's and independents. But the overwhelming majority of Democratic voters are going to fall in line with the party irrespective of who the R candidate is and who the D's run. If they need convincing, they will have mainstream media railing against this guy constantly and some of their more visible party leaders finding ways to brand him as a radical or simply not qualified. There likely won't be much reasoned analysis or persuasion in the mind of most voters - call my a cynic but I don't know many people who have a historical 50/50 split between R's and D's when voting in Presidential elections (like I do). And Trump still seems to have so much cache with his base that I don't think this guy has the appeal to get out of the primaries or convince those people to come along.

Unfortunately our primary system is rigged. Either the far to the left or right person wins their primary and then the moderate population can't stand either candidate. Or the party riggs it for the winner they want to win (see Hillary and Biden and probably Bush).

Have seen Hurd speak on several occasions and he is smart and compelling. For reasons above, it's an uphill battle, but maybe he's a guy that can resonate with Millennial's.

The problem is also the MSM...they will never give him air time as he's not going to help ratings.

Unfortunately our primary system is rigged. Either the far to the left or right person wins their primary and then the moderate population can't stand either candidate. Or the party riggs it for the winner they want to win (see Hillary and Biden and probably Bush).
The primary system is not rigged. Hillary and Biden were moderate candidates that won the primaries. Bernie, Elizabeth Warren and the far left did not. With regard to the Republican side, Trump won without probably the traditional Republican backing when most thought Jeb Bush was going to be the nominee.

If it was rigged, Obama would not have beaten Hillary. That primary was fascinating because Hillary won every single big Democratic state that voted Democratic in the national election with the exception of Illinois. Obama won the primary because he won the southern states that always vote Republican in the general.

Trump is going to win the primary because there are no other candidates with as big of a voting block as he has. People like to say DeSantis but there is no way DeSantis beats him even if he can get Trump one on one.

Biden won the primary because the Dems asked Warren and Bernie to step back and they put out a lot of press that cast doubt on them. In doing so they promised Warren and Bernie leadership positions and more and they got it. Would he have won anyway? Maybe but Bernie was gaining ground quickly then all of a sudden wasn't as involved. They also wanted Hillary to win so bad they gave her the questions to the debates before hand and lots more. To say that the leaders of the party did not do all they could to get their person in the last few elections is disingenuous. Same happens with Repubs too. Trump was an outlier. The system is not 100% rigged but its pretty well controlled by the folks in power and that have a lot of money. it is what it is.

Last edited:
Read the article and from my perspective he’s on point. To make a run in 2024 he needs to peel off moderates from both parties to support him….maybe some that are retired, and find a way to leverage social media.

Read the article and from my perspective he’s on point. To make a run in 2024 he needs to peel off moderates from both parties to support him….maybe some that are retired, and find a way to leverage social media.
social media algos and bots are insane. its propoganda distribution to the highest degree. the beat way to leverage it is to tell everyone to GET OFF.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT