ADVERTISEMENT

A great Pirate died - Bill Garrett, '63

Seton75

Beyond All Universe
Gold Member
Jun 4, 2001
Bill is my brother in law. I have never met a better man than him. He was wildly successful in business. But an even better man. He played frosh ball for SHU (he and Richie were friendly till the end) , and was a lifelong fan. Told me about Hicks and Gunther. When he visited my sis, he asked me who the #2 (or 1, or 3) scorer in the nation was, and if I didnt bark back Nick Werkman, I got some heat. (I have to admit, when I saw how bad we got in the late 60s, I wondered silently if he may have been stretching the truth about games like beating Oscar and Cinncy...)

His love of SHU is the main reason I decided on SHU. Until this season, every game featured a series of texts between us. None this season as he was not well, and it took a lot away from the games for me.

It was a better world with Bill in it. May he rest in peace.

Sorry for your loss. Sounds like a great person. May he rest in peace.

Sorry for your and SHU's loss, Dick. My sympathy to you, your sister and family.

For you to say he was the best, he must truly have been.

Sorry for your loss. All sympathies to you and your family members.

Nice tribute, Seton75. My condolences to you and your family on your loss.

So sorry to hear Seton75. May he RIP. Sounds like a great guy, friend and brother-in-law. I am sure he will be sorely missed but I am also sure you are so glad he was in your life. Blessings to you and his family.

Reactions: Abbo71
My condolences also. May he rest in peace.
Keep those stories and memories close to you. Bring them up again soon.

Reactions: Abbo71
Dick...you have my sincerest sympathy with deepest condolences to you and your family...may he RIP.

Bill is my brother in law. I have never met a better man than him. He was wildly successful in business. But an even better man. He played frosh ball for SHU (he and Richie were friendly till the end) , and was a lifelong fan. Told me about Hicks and Gunther. When he visited my sis, he asked me who the #2 (or 1, or 3) scorer in the nation was, and if I didnt bark back Nick Werkman, I got some heat. (I have to admit, when I saw how bad we got in the late 60s, I wondered silently if he may have been stretching the truth about games like beating Oscar and Cinncy...)

His love of SHU is the main reason I decided on SHU. Until this season, every game featured a series of texts between us. None this season as he was not well, and it took a lot away from the games for me.

Really sorry for your loss. He sure does sound like a gem.

Reactions: TrueBlue1989
What a great saga. Thanks for sharing it so well. So sorry for your loss.

Sorry for your loss. What a great family and legacy he leaves behind. May the many moments and memories you shared provide strength and comfort.

Seton75 I am sorry to read of this loss to your family and to Pirate Nation. My condolences to everyone at this time of mourning.

What you see here is the SHU community supporting each other. Dick being one of our best posters he deserves all the condolences on this thread. And with that said let me also add my voice to everyone else's and say hang in there and just remember the good times you had with Bill.

Far too young. I’m very sorry.

Condolences to you and the family. .

My condolences Seton75 --Bill was a great Guy and a great Pirates.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT