ADVERTISEMENT

A LETTER FROM BRYAN FELT

Halldan1

Jan 1, 2003
Dear Seton Hall Alumni, Fans & Supporters,

I hope that this message finds you safe and healthy as our country continues to grapple with these difficult times. Despite the challenges we are all facing, you all have remained as loyal as ever with your support over the last eight months; whether it was through words of encouragement for our student-athletes, a financial gift to Pirate Blue or engaging with us through social media. My deepest gratitude goes out to all of you for providing a positive light within our community during a time of great uncertainty.

Your investment in Seton Hall Athletics annually brings tremendous returns; we boast a proud grade point average of 3.464, prepare our student-athletes to become leaders in life after graduation, annually compete for BIG EAST championships and NCAA Tournament appearances, and our student-athletes are pillars of our community with dedication to servant leadership.

It is no secret that our two basketball programs are an integral part of our athletics department. The outstanding support we receive from you all has allowed us to provide an exceptional experience for student-athletes across all 14 varsity programs. We are significantly disappointed that we will be unable to have our loyal Pirates fans at Prudential Center and Walsh Gymnasium cheering on our basketball for the onset of this season. We will continue to monitor the situation as this year progresses. The home court advantage that you give our student-athletes helps them immensely. Although, you may not be able to physically support our men and women in person this season, I cannot stress enough that what you do for our student-athletes beyond the game is critical.

We are announcing our “Pirates Pitch-In” Campaign, in which we will look to our loyal alumni and fans to support our mission to provide the best experience for our student-athletes. We have already had to make sacrifices, and even after making significant changes, our department is still going to be financially strained. As you know, our department will be losing out on a multitude of revenue streams including ticket sales and priority seating premiums without having our devoted fan base at these basketball games. We will need to count on you to support the Pirates Pitch-In Campaign.

We have already previously communicated that if you are a season ticket holder, you have options: you can convert your season ticket purchase into a 100% charitable donation, you can credit your purchase towards the 2021-22 season or you can request a refund. We hope you choose to convert your season ticket purchase and Priority Seat Premium to a 100% charitable donation to Pirate Blue. If you donate your ticket cost and/or seat premium, you will receive personalized cutouts for your allotted amount of seats so that you can continue to show your Pirate Pride. Cutouts will also be available for the general public to purchase through our ticket office. A portion of the cost for a cutout will be considered a donation directly to Pirate Blue during this initiative.

I hope that we can count on your financial support towards the Pirates Pitch-In Campaign!

GO PIRATES!

Bryan Felt
Seton Hall Director of Athletics & Recreation

Reactions: HallBall02
Am I interpreting this correctly as a passive confirmation that there will be no fans in attendance for at least the first portion (however long that is?) and possibly all of the upcoming season? Hopefully we can finally get a confirmed schedule before media day next week...

Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam
Am I interpreting this correctly as a passive confirmation that there will be no fans in attendance for at least the first portion (however long that is?) and possibly all of the upcoming season?

Yes.

Am I interpreting this correctly as a passive confirmation that there will be no fans in attendance for at least the first portion (however long that is?) and possibly all of the upcoming season? Hopefully we can finally get a confirmed schedule before media day next week...
Yes. That was the word for quite a while but Bryan decided to confirm it today.

At this point I think we just have to keep our fingers crossed there is a season. Fans in attendance was a pipe dream.

Agree with the last comment. I was very confident there would be a season w/o fans. If the numbers of cases keeps spiking into the late Fall, who knows what political leaders will do.

Thanks Dan for posting this. Has this letter gone out yet to Season Ticket holders?

I’m not surprised at all by this. Sounds like they’re hedging on opening up at some point but I wouldn’t count on it.

Hurting for money.. Give if you can. This will be tough year for the University.
At 260 million our endowment is too small to be of help.

Reactions: TrueBlue1989
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT