ADVERTISEMENT

A Name From The Recent Past

ponyfoot19

All American
Dec 19, 2007
Jerron Wilbut, a guard from the Chicago area was a 2013 commit to SHU who many thought would form a dynamic tandem the Crimestopper, Aquille Carr.Both recruits had serious legal problems and never ended up at the Hall. Wilbut is now transferring from a 11-19 Cal Sate Northridge team. Apparently, his talent was not some posters envisioned. He averaged only 9 minutes per game in 22 games. Averaged 3ppg, with a 31%fg and 60% ft. Hopefully for him he has gotten his life in order.

Had some decent schools after him.

ESPN

SCHOOL LIST

Dayton
icon-check.png

Memphis
icon-check.png

Missouri State
icon-check.png

Oregon
icon-check.png

Virginia

Virginia Tech
icon-check.png

Last Updated: July 25, 2012

He may have mailed it in (in his head) and not really tried to be the best player that he could be. I remember he was 3* guard. Willard had a few arrests that may have gotten him fired if the situation happened months later when they were enrolled in the school.

Reactions: 2timealum
Guess he played with Kevin Johnson. LOL talk about not having your head in the game haha

Kevin Johnson averaged 11 & 10 for a NAIA school in Florida this past year. He had some talent compared to some other bigs we had here.

We were recruiting Carr when he verbaled to the Hall. He did so without ever telling the staff. When they read about it they were as stunned as any one of us and had to contact him to verify his commitment.

Carr was a very different breed indeed.

Reactions: SHUSource
Incredibly fun to watch in person. And IMO, and others I spoke with at time, there was never a chance he was going to step on a D-I campus.

We were recruiting Carr when he verbaled to the Hall. He did so without ever telling the staff. When they read about it they were as stunned as any one of us and had to contact him to verify his commitment.

Carr was a very different breed indeed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT