ADVERTISEMENT

A real Q&A about NIL

doctorcb12

All Big East
Gold Member
Feb 1, 2018
Just read this article about Wisconsin's NIL situation. It is behind a paywall but there are ways to read it if you don't want to pay. In my opinion this was a very well done Q&A and the coach did not shy away from questions.

He acknowledged that they initially were not prepared when the budget for players skyrocketed and they lost a bunch of players to the portal, but they have since turned it around.

The coach makes an effort to talk to donors face to face and actually keeps it real with them that players are asking for X amount this is how much I need to stay competitive. His strategy is working because of that face to face encounter as fans are starting to get it and jump on board.

He acknowledged you have to be at least a little transparent if you are going ask people to take their hard earned money to pay players. Just my opinion but this is what I would have been looking for in the Q&A that was done with McBride. Don't want to hear everything is good and we are competitive. Acknowledge your shortcomings, discuss where you have succeeded, and what is next for the future.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News