ADVERTISEMENT

AD Newsletter with pictures of a renovated Walsh

Halldan1

Jan 1, 2003
https://shupirates.com/news/2019/11/21/ad-newsletter-with-bryan-felt-november-2019.aspx

felt_adnewsletter_1920x1080.jpg

AD Newsletter with Bryan Felt 11/21/2019 9:17:00 PM

AD Newsletter with Bryan Felt - November 2019November 2019

WATCH BRYAN FELT'S VIDEO NEWSLETTER

Dear Pirate Nation,

The month of November is known for the Thanksgiving holiday, and this month along with December, is a time for giving thanks. First and foremost, I am thankful for my family; they are my rock and bring me joy each and every day. I'm also incredibly thankful for my second family, the Seton Hall family. The student-athletes, coaches, administrators, fans, faculty, staff and alumni have all been so welcoming in my return. It's one of the many reasons why I'm so excited to be back here.

I hope that you all take a moment to think about what you're thankful for this month, and I hope that you and your families have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Overwhelmed by the Ticket Sales!

image_handler.aspx

Last month, we discussed how ticket sales for Seton Hall basketball have been going well, and what we are seeing is that Pirates fans are enthralled with our men's & women's basketball programs right now. As we discussed before, we are opening the upper level of Prudential Center for six of our games this season, and we were thrilled by the energy of the 14,000+ fans who attended last week's Michigan State game. In addition, support for our women's basketball program has been on the rise, and we're excited that our home game against UConn next month is already sold out!

There are still plenty of seats still available for Pirates fans who are not quite yet on board. Visit SetonHallTix.com for more information and I hope to see you at Prudential Center and Walsh Gym all season long!

Owen T. Carroll Field Renovation Nearing Completion

image_handler.aspx

We are in the home stretch of our renovation of Owen T. Carroll Field, and we're very excited about how it's shaping up! The stadium façade is nearing completion, and the seats on the baseball side have been installed. We expect to be finished in the next few weeks, and although the schedule has not yet been finalized, I'll throw caution to the wind and tell you that, weather permitting, our baseball team's home opener at the new field will be on Wednesday, March 11!

The new Owen T. Carroll Field is going to be transformative for our baseball and soccer programs, and I can't wait for you all to see the finished product. Stay tuned!

We Will Turn Our Attention to Walsh Gymnasium

image_handler.aspx

image_handler.aspx

As one project nears completion, we are getting ready to begin another one! Our Walsh Gymnasium renovation is a full go beginning in April, and by the time September rolls around, we expect to have an updated facility that will include all new chairback seating, a new center hung scoreboard, videoboards on the far baseline wall, a new sound system and a new court.

This renovation will be pivotal for our basketball and volleyball programs as we aim to enhance the student-athlete and fan experience inside what is our oldest and most venerable facility. Since 1941, Walsh Gymnasium has provided thrilling moments and seen some incredible basketball and volleyball student-athletes come through, and we're excited to now take the facility into its next chapter.

If you are a Pirates fan and someone who enjoys history and memorabilia, we are excited to announce that we will be selling the old Walsh Gymnasium seats! These seats are original to the facility from 1941, and we will be selling them in pairs. Full details to come from Pirate Blue, so be on the lookout!

Season Ticket Holders: Don't Miss Our Annual Christmas Party!

image_handler.aspx

We like to encourage Pirates fans to invest in season tickets because there are many perks to being a Seton Hall season ticket holder. One such incentive is the invitation to the annual Season Ticket Holder Christmas Party, which is slated for Wednesday, Dec. 4 inside Walsh Gymnasium at 6 p.m. We launched this party a few years ago as a new season ticket holder perk, and it has been a huge hit with our fans. If you're a men's basketball or women's basketball season ticket holder, please register for the event today!

Please Enjoy Our 2018-19 Annual Report

image_handler.aspx

For our Pirates fans eager to take one more look back at least year, please enjoy our 2018-19 annual report, which is available online to read and was mailed to select Pirate Blue donors this past week. Our student-athletes achieve so much success in the classroom and on the field that it is a treat to read through the book!

Thank you so much to all our Pirate Blue donors; the success we brag about in this Annual Report would not be possible without your support!

GET ON BOARD & GO PIRATES!

Looks like the lower level seats will be pushed back into the structure to open up the court since there are side baskets.

What will be the cost of the old seats ?

Will the seating capacity be reduced with the new layout?

What I would suggest is that SH place pictures of the rendering of what renovated Walsh will look like for the fans who show up for games/matches played there to show them that SH is continuously upgrading its athletic infrastructure.

I know the stage has a few uses but would be nice to see a little student section behind the basket instead of the stage.

Reactions: silkcitypirate
I know the stage has a few uses but would be nice to see a little student section behind the basket instead of the stage.
The media sits there for all men's games. And as posted previously the cost to remove the stage would be incredibly high as it structurally supports that side of the gymnasium.

Money better spent elsewhere.

Reactions: TrueBlue1989
That's a good point. I wonder if they'll be adding additional seating down the lines.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT