ADVERTISEMENT

All time bad national anthem

SHUSA

All World
Jan 10, 2013
best comment "first trumps ears bleeding, now our ears are bleeding"

Who is Ingrid Andress? The country singer behind botched Home Run Derby national anthem​

By Christian Arnold

Ingrid Andress’ national anthem performance at the MLB Home Run Derby in July 2024 put the country singer in the spotlight after being lambasted on social media.

The performance ahead of the All-Star festivities at Globe Life Field in Arlington, Texas, even had Phillies star Alec Bohm struggling to keep a straight face.

Before the highly publicized performance, Andress was best known for her burgeoning country career that included a pair of hit songs that made their way onto the Billboard Hot 100 Hits list and a number of Grammy nominations.

Andress has plenty of connections to baseball with her father, Brad Andress, who served as a strength and conditioning coach with the Tigers, Rockies, Mets and the University of Michigan.

She’s a country music singer​

The country singer first entered the music scene when she appeared on the second season of NBC’s “The Sing-Off” performing with acapella group Pitch Slapped and then returned the following season to compete as part of Delilah.

Andress signed with Warner Music Nashville and Atlantic Records in 2018 and released her first album, “Lady Like,” on March 27, 2020.

Her sophomore album, “Good Person,” was released in 2022.

“Thank you for being here for me even though I’ve been living under a rock,” Andress wrote on Instagram in announcing the single. “Y’all are the best and I can’t wait to see you at my shows.”

Andress is scheduled to perform on July 17, 2024, in Nashville and July 24, 2024, in Denver.

I’m sorry, but going into rehab with the general notion that it’s “super fun” is not the right mindset, IMO. Yes, it’s a time to recover and hopefully regain some semblance of one’s mental and physical(and spiritual?) health, but it is also a time, for the most part, to be serious and be grateful you’ve been given a second chance.

It’s a time when one has to look themselves in the mirror and realize some hard truths. There’s reflection, self-searching(which can bring up a lot of stuff which is the exact opposite of super fun) and the recognition that “your way” doesn’t work and there need to be some major changes. While it’s not a walk of shame or anything, it’s definitely not summer camp. There are good times, but I would question the validity of any rehab that is trying to be “super fun”. That sounds more like continuous pampering and validation, not rehab. There’s supposed to be some hard work to it.

Hopefully she gets the help she needs. If she is having very serious issues then hopefully this is not some 30 days and out type thing. 30 days doesn’t solve deep rooted problems.

Ingrid Andress says she was drunk during botched Home Run Derby national anthem, going to rehab​

By Jaclyn Hendricks

Country singer Ingrid Andress revealed Tuesday she was “drunk” during her much-maligned rendition of the national anthem ahead of Monday’s Home Run Derby and is “checking myself into a facility today to get the help I need.”

“I’m not gonna bulls–t y’all, I was drunk last night,” Andress said in a statement on social media. “I’m checking myself into a facility today to get the help I need. That was not me last night. I apologize to MLB, all the fans, and this country I love so much for that rendition. I’ll let y’all know how rehab is I hear it’s super fun.”

Andress, 32, was widely panned for her rendition of “The Star-Spangled Banner” at Globe Life Field in Arlington, Texas, with some MLB All-Stars, including Phillies third baseman Alec Bohm, struggling to keep composure.

“Bohm trying not to laugh lmao,” one X user posted on Monday while another wrote he “was having a hard time” keeping a straight face.

The four-time Grammy nominee, known for songs such as “Lady Like” and “More Hearts Than Mine,” drew comparisons to Fergie and Roseanne Barr, who have been mocked for their cringe-worthy renditions of the national anthem in the past.

“May have moved Roseanne Barr down to number two worst anthem!!” one X user exclaimed Monday.

Another posted, “Still better than Fergie. Poor girl couldn’t hear herself.”

Barr screeched her way through “The Star-Spangled Banner” in 1990, when she performed at a Padres game, capping off the infamous moment by grabbing her crotch and spitting on the pitcher’s mound.

Fergie was ripped for her bizarre rendition at the 2018 NBA All-Star Game and later addressed the backlash.

I’m a risk taker artistically, but clearly this rendition didn’t strike the intended tone,” she said at the time. “I love this country and honestly tried my best.”

Andress signed off her message Tuesday, “XO, Ingrid.”

I had to remove my laugh emoji after hearing this.
I am glad she sees her problem and is getting it addressed.

BUT...drinking effects your singing that severely? I cannot tell you how many drunk people I have heard sing well at a bar. Hell, I was one of them. I even took requests at a few Belmar bars...And so you know I was not just loaded myself and lost my hearing (back then, loaded, definitely lol but I heard fine) after I stopped drinking one of my brothers would come to me at a party or wedding and we would sing Motown. He was drunk and he sang just like he did when he was sober, maybe better.

Reactions: SHUSA
I can't imagine being drunk affects her singing ability, without knowing how much she had. That said, at the very least, it would affect how much she gives a damn and her overall effort

If she was that drunk, how did they let her go on to sing the national anthem? I find it hard to believe her handlers or some administrative or security person let her go on in that condition.

Reactions: SHUSA
Accepting the fact that she was unable to sign our national anthem because of her being highly inebriated how could the people in charge not have a backup available .

Reactions: Seton75
Accepting the fact that she was unable to sign our national anthem because of her being highly inebriated how could the people in charge not have a backup available .
Exactly….whoever was in charge thought it was a good idea to send her out there and with no plan B.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT