ADVERTISEMENT

Amy Barrett

SHUSA

All World
Jan 10, 2013
So the republicans flip a $h*t when dems try to get a senator elected to SC 300 days before an election but its perfectly fine to expedite one DURING an election that ends in a week. two wrongs dont make a right and this one is definitely worse. no one from the minority party supporting the vote for the first time in 150 years. the election already has more voters on this day than it had all last election.

somebody tell me that its all fine and dandy because as far as i can see shes focused on taking away my state health insurance subsidy without any kind of plan to replace it.

Reactions: silkcitypirate
So the republicans flip a $h*t when dems try to get a senator elected to SC 300 days before an election but its perfectly fine to expedite one DURING an election that ends in a week. two wrongs dont make a right and this one is definitely worse. no one from the minority party supporting the vote for the first time in 150 years. the election already has more voters on this day than it had all last election.

somebody tell me that its all fine and dandy because as far as i can see shes focused on taking away my state health insurance subsidy without any kind of plan to replace it.
And now on scotus the justices with the least amount of voting confirmation approval all from republican nominated presidents

Republicans were wrong to block Obama’s choice in 2016, but there is absolutely nothing wrong with pushing Barrett through. If the script was flipped Democrats would have done the same. Add the circus Dems conducted with Kavanaugh....that wasn’t just a wrong...it was criminal. Everything falls by partisan lines now. Has nothing to do with how good a justice Gorsuch, Kavanaugh or Barrett will be.

The ACA was a piece of crap legislation anyway that has never even been implemented in full.

Republicans were wrong to block Obama’s choice in 2016, but there is absolutely nothing wrong with pushing Barrett through. If the script was flipped Democrats would have done the same. Add the circus Dems conducted with Kavanaugh....that wasn’t just a wrong...it was criminal. Everything falls by partisan lines now. Has nothing to do with how good a justice Gorsuch, Kavanaugh or Barrett will be.

The ACA was a piece of crap legislation anyway that has never even been implemented in full.
Give me a universal baseline coverage plan that will really work.

Trump has no plan. Remember when he told everybody he had a bigger and better plan. All BS

Read this thread

Trump has no plan. Remember when he told everybody he had a bigger and better plan. All BS
Trump’s “plan” all along has been to dismantle Obamacare (which was never fully implemented). There was no way he was going to offer a “new” plan out of the gate. Instead he focused on the tax cuts, illegal immigration, foreign policy (Israel embassy, normalization relations), trade - USMCA, etc.

Trump’s “plan” all along has been to dismantle Obamacare (which was never fully implemented). There was no way he was going to offer a “new” plan out of the gate. Instead he focused on the tax cuts, illegal immigration, foreign policy (Israel embassy, normalization relations), trade - USMCA, etc.
And how can I forget. Reshaping the federal and Supreme courts.That may actually go down as his most significant accomplishment of the presidency.

Gun sales likely continue to go up no matter who gets elected.If number of police significantly decreased we will be in for some violent times.

1) Nobody is elected to the Supreme Court, not sure what you're referring to.
2) Judges don't legislate or come up with plans. That isn't their role. This judge is not "focused on taking away" your state subsidy.

Reactions: afghan whigs

This. All of this. Say what you want about Trump, but the one issue where he has been disciplined, on message and didn't make a mistake was the Supreme Court. He has nominated three terrific judges.

This. All of this. Say what you want about Trump, but the one issue where he has been disciplined, on message and didn't make a mistake was the Supreme Court. He has nominated three terrific judges.
Ages 48, 53, 55

Reactions: shu09

Out of the gate? It's been 4 years! The way to replace the ACA should be through legislation. Having the court do it will just get rid of it with no replacement at all, and the consequence of that isn’t entirely known but there are going to be some major problems if it happens.

Having an embassy in Israel is a priority over healthcare for Americans? We have normalized foreign policy? Really?

Republicans have had 10 years to come up with a better healthcare plan. The reason they haven’t is that it is much easier to just keep saying ACA is bad. It’s a failure that Trump did not propose anything.

Reactions: silkcitypirate

What rock are you just crawling out from under? Both sides are hypocritical the first chance they get that can benefit them. This has been going on for decades, I'll assume centuries. Ask the follow the science party when science says a life is created? Then they'll tell you abortion is ok. Hypocrites both sides.

Please tell me how she's focused on taking away your state health insurance. Do you think the vote right now would be 8-1 and she's going to change the mind of everyone else? Is she bring the case to the Supreme Court? How is this one lady going to take away your health insurance. 8 other justices can go against her.

Reactions: SPK145 and shu09
What the hell do you know about this, stop bullshitting here...you are so anti lawyer, how can you come to a conclusion that all are terriffic judges

I am not a fan of original constructionists of the Constitution. The realities of the law is that it changes due to advancements of society that cannot be foreseen by men who lived over 200 years ago. However, Jefferson was also pragmatic to understand that radical change for change sake is not ideal either. As Thomas Jefferson stated:

"The question Whether one generation of men has a right to bind another, seems never to have been started either on this or our side of the water… (But) between society and society, or generation and generation there is no municipal obligation, no umpire but the law of nature. We seem not to have perceived that, by the law of nature, one generation is to another as one independant nation to another… On similar ground it may be proved that no society can make a perpetual constitution, or even a perpetual law. The earth belongs always to the living generation… Every constitution, then, and every law, naturally expires at the end of 19. years. If it be enforced longer, it is an act of force and not of right."

"“I am not an advocate for frequent changes in laws and Constitutions. But laws and institutions must go hand in hand with the progress of the human mind. As that becomes more developed, more enlightened, as new discoveries are made, new truths discovered and manners and opinions change, with the change of circumstances, institutions must advance also to keep pace with the times. We might as well require a man to wear still the coat which fitted him when a boy as civilized society to remain ever under the regimen of their barbarous ancestors.”

Out of the gate? It's been 4 years! The way to replace the ACA should be through legislation. Having the court do it will just get rid of it with no replacement at all, and the consequence of that isn’t entirely known but there are going to be some major problems if it happens.

Having an embassy in Israel is a priority over healthcare for Americans? We have normalized foreign policy? Really?

Republicans have had 10 years to come up with a better healthcare plan. The reason they haven’t is that it is much easier to just keep saying ACA is bad. It’s a failure that Trump did not propose anything.
You missed the point...he was never going to propose a new healthcare plan in his first term. There are too many forces working against what really needs to be done, so why waste all of your energy on that when it would never have come to fruition. As you said, better to constantly say that the ACA is bad (which it is) and use it as an example of spiraling costs.

Most Americans care about being able to earn a good wage, work and keeping their family safe. Pre-Covid we had record low unemployment (which he continually beat that drum especially for minorities) and had taken out the terrorist bad guys and made Iraq the enemy that's enabled the Arab countries to come to the table and normalize relations with Israel.

Most Americans care about being able to earn a good wage, work and keeping their family safe. Pre-Covid we had record low unemployment (which he continually beat that drum especially for minorities) and had taken out the terrorist bad guys and made Iraq the enemy that's enabled the Arab countries to come to the table and normalize relations with Israel.

I say it all the time we live in a world where words speak louder than actions. That's sad. If you listen to what Trump says and how he says it, he's easy to hate. If you focus on what he's done, you can't help but be impressed. Isis, peace deals, trade deals, economy, etc

Ah.... To the victors belongs the spoils.

Republicans, clearly, did nothing unconstitutional, but for Trump and Graham to try to invalidate their anti Garland proclamations by saying "we changed our minds when the Democrats were mean to Cavanaugh" is the weakest argument of the last four years.

I will always see Barrett as a Trump prop: like one of the cut-out figures on the D.C. Mall.

Obama voted against John Roberts by they way. Was that anything but toe-the-line partisanship?

You missed the point...he was never going to propose a new healthcare plan in his first term.

Stop. There is no context where you would be as forgiving there if the president was a democrat. You're largest criticisms of Obama were about his leadership and ability to get things done, and now you are giving a pass to Trump because he was never going to propose a healthcare plan in his first term? You're just making excuses because you don't want to hold republicans to the same standard that you apply to democrats.

right but aca is offering tax credit subsidies, and free healthcare to people. if that stops what is being done to help people comtinue to pay for their healthcare?

You missed the point...he was never going to propose a new healthcare plan in his first term. There are too many forces working against what really needs to be done, so why waste all of your energy on that when it would never have come to fruition. As you said, better to constantly say that the ACA is bad (which it is) and use it as an example of spiraling costs.

No singular president makes or breaks how well employed a country's population is and employment is overrated in this sense, having x amount of minimum wage to low paying jobs is not great metrics and that is what we have pre covid

You know jackshit about life and live in your little office space bubble

hahahaha, you're a joke. This is what leftists do, always resort to name calling and expletives when they know they're on the wrong side of an argument.

So tell me, what don't I know about life?

Reactions: afghan whigs
hahahaha, you're a joke. This is what leftists do, always resort to name calling and expletives when they know they're on the wrong side of an argument.

So tell me, what don't I know about life?
You have this delusional belief that I am leftist and while I have liberal beliefs in certain areas I am not leftist nor am i a registered dem....
You preach lawyers ruin everything and come across and say these were fine judicial placements.

I took a civics class my senior year of high school. About 18 high schools across 12 or 14 districts participated. We stayed at montclair state when we met for model congress.

I was a chair person and knew procedure of roberts rules of order very well. I also had my proposed bill passed on another committee

More than you, that's for sure. They're all eminently qualified.

You're right. They are.
I don't really have an issue with conservatives appointing justices which align with conservative beliefs. They are well qualified. I don't really agree with originalism, but I don't have an issue with Barrett.

I just have an issue with how partisan the process has become and I believe that the confirmation of Barrett was wrong in the context of what happened with Garland.

Reactions: NYShoreGuy
You're right. They are.
I don't really have an issue with conservatives appointing justices which align with conservative beliefs. They are well qualified. I don't really agree with originalism, but I don't have an issue with Barrett.

I just have an issue with how partisan the process has become and I believe that the confirmation of Barrett was wrong in the context of what happened with Garland.
I co sign this its such a partisan practice and the Barrett vs Garland contrast

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT