ADVERTISEMENT

Another Professional team at Pru Center

catholicman

All World
Nov 19, 2007
The NY Sirens womens hockey team are taking up residence in the Prudential Center for all home games. There season starts in December.

I'm not happy about it. Don't know how this has affected the Pirates.

I'd think we would be higher in the pecking order, and our schedule is set so shouldn't impact us.

If a woman's hockey team starts to outdraw us in the future, then we're in serious trouble as a program.
It just seems like there's very little wiggle room at the Prudential Center, which has a quite a full schedule to begin with. There certainly are days we never play there, like Mondays. But if Fox ever wanted to do a Big Monday, we would be possibly limited.

In America, merit seems to be giving way to DEI concerns too. I know you like that, Merge.

Reactions: CaptBob
It just seems like there's very little wiggle room at the Prudential Center, which has a quite a full schedule to begin with. There certainly are days we never play there, like Mondays. But if Fox ever wanted to do a Big Monday, we would be possibly limited.

In America, merit seems to be giving way to DEI concerns too. I know you like that, Merge.
They’ve had a women’s pro hockey team there before. Absolutely no big deal.

Our schedule is set.
They are asking for 2 days per month. It's really not that big of a deal.
If they start to give them preference in future years, it will be because we're not pulling a crowd at all. Like 3-4k per game.
I'm not that worried about that unlikely scenario.

:rolleyes:

"Catholic Man" contemptuous of women and unwilling to share with those who have less money. Not especially Catholic of Catholic Man

• Haha
Reactions: catholicman
Our schedule is set.
They are asking for 2 days per month. It's really not that big of a deal.
If they start to give them preference in future years, it will be because we're not pulling a crowd at all. Like 3-4k per game.
I'm not that worried about that unlikely scenario.

:rolleyes:
Ok. Thank you for a reasonable post. I apologize for the snarky comment.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT