ADVERTISEMENT

April Recruiting Tweets

i cant wait to nab a few of these kids in 2024 when they realize they shouldnt have let their handler pick the school with the biggest bag.

its like im more interested in seeing which good recruits choose obviously bad situations (cough ET) so we can clean up.

i cant wait to nab a few of these kids in 2024 when they realize they shouldnt have let their handler pick the school with the biggest bag.

its like im more interested in seeing which good recruits choose obviously bad situations (cough ET) so we can clean up.

It's almost like those who said SHU would see a net positive from "free agency" knew what they were talking about.

Got to believe we are net positive from transfer rules.Maybe benefit from some other 4 stars who see all these players transferring and select a school they have a better chance of playing early at.

The transfer portal this year is absolutely absurd, how can you even tell who we have a legit shot at and who we don't? I cant keep up with all the offers and I wonder how the coaching staff can either. It seems like chaos to me.

Can somebody explain who we have a shot with?

You wonder if you should have a kid with social media skills on the staff and give them Willard's accounts and just let him send out notes of interest constantly. Just flood their social media and go fishing.

Reactions: doctorcb12
The transfer portal this year is absolutely absurd, how can you even tell who we have a legit shot at and who we don't? I cant keep up with all the offers and I wonder how the coaching staff can either. It seems like chaos to me.

Can somebody explain who we have a shot with?
Is that any different then having every offer or interest in HS kids tweeted. The transfer news seems more granular to me. A kid announces he's leaving and names his top 4. A hs kid waits 3 months and names is top 12. Lol

When artie and dan post, I listen.

Reactions: lloyde dobler
Got to believe we are net positive from transfer rules.Maybe benefit from some other 4 stars who see all these players transferring and select a school they have a better chance of playing early at.
That's to be expected this season as we don't have many players who MUST return.

Reactions: silkcitypirate
I don't fear us losing our best guys. I assume we eventually will. But does a powell, or sandro, or rhoden transfer up to a place where there will be the main focus of the attack ir get more exposure? But I think lots of terrific players would love the exposure of the big east. So, as I always have thought, I see this as a net positive for us. Sure makes the coach's job harder.

And it doubles the excitement of following recruiting.

Reactions: RSPirate
With 1171 transfers to date which includes a significant number from programs in the top basketball conferences we should be able to fill our needs from that sector of the transfer pool and not rely on transfers from the lesser conferences and hope their skills translate into playing in the BE.

Is that any different then having every offer or interest in HS kids tweeted. The transfer news seems more granular to me. A kid announces he's leaving and names his top 4. A hs kid waits 3 months and names is top 12. Lol

When artie and dan post, I listen.
The transfer portal offers a different perspective then you find when you follow the recruiting of kids coming out of HS. It may begin with seeing a player’s name appear who was a priority recruit for you, who had you in his final schools list and now you may have a second chance at that player. Players on the transfer portal have college playing experience , which varies widely from seeing little or no minutes to being a productive starter and by bringing in the right transfer who fills a critical need you can become a more likely postseason program. With the HS kid you’re looking at potential , with a transfer you’re looking at his production at the college level. In either case sometimes you get it right and sometimes you get it wrong .

It's almost like those who said SHU would see a net positive from "free agency" knew what they were talking about.
we may be unique. the kids we sign arent signing for reasons other than to play shu basketball. no facilities, popularity illusions. the only transfers have largely been end of bench guys.

This would be a gamechanging get for us. He would make us a much better team. 🙏

Anyone not familiar with his talent read the above detailed article and also know that The Athletic has him ranked as the #4 rated Transfer of the over 1,200 players currently registered.

He'd be an All-BE level PG his first year with potential to be much more.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT