Are you vaccinated?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

HallBall02

All World
Gold Member
Feb 26, 2007
Im curious to see how many folks on this board are and aren’t vaccinated at this point.

If you say no and comfortable with it, please comment on your reasons.

for example.
-I already had covid (confirmed with test)
-Will get after fully FDA approved
-covid is like the flu (or less) in terms of hospitalizations and death for my age group
-etc

Results by individuals are hidden to not throw a Scarlett letter on folks (we don’t like Scarlett around here) just curious the percentage wise of those vaccinated vs
not on the board

So far 100% all vaccinated with 12 voted so far but from the general sentiments I see, I don’t think it representative of actual percentages tho.

Results by individuals are hidden to not throw a Scarlett letter on folks (we don’t like Scarlett around here) just curious the percentage wise of those vaccinated vs
not on the board

So far 100% all vaccinated with 12 voted so far but from the general sentiments I see, I don’t think it representative of actual percentages tho.
So what was the purpose of doing the poll?

So what was the purpose of doing the poll?

Purpose is to see what % of folks are vaccinated or not on this board. Whether it’s just a vocal minority or majority. Who knows

Also for those that want to share, reasons why they are waiting or do not want to be vaccinated.

Also maybe a place to share why those that got vaccinated did. For instance you were vaccinated even though you were originally against it but your personal doctor recommended it.

Reactions: anon_ezos2e9wn1ob0
Purpose is to see what % of folks are vaccinated or not on this board. Whether it’s just a vocal minority or majority. Who knows

Also for those that want to share, reasons why they are waiting or do not want to be vaccinated.

Also maybe a place to share why those that got vaccinated did. For instance you were vaccinated even though you were originally against it but your personal doctor recommended it.
So that's not correct. I chose to get the J&J vaccine so I would not be encumbered travelling internationally not knowing what countries are restricting travel based on vaccination. I also chose the J&J because in my view, there was not enough data available yet on long term effects of the mRNA technology. I never asked my physician.

By your answer above, it seemed like you set up the survey to prove a point, but weren't getting the response you wanted, so you made some assumptions.

Reactions: shu09
So that's not correct. I chose to get the J&J vaccine so I would not be encumbered travelling internationally not knowing what countries are restricting travel based on vaccination. I also chose the J&J because in my view, there was not enough data available yet on long term effects of the mRNA technology. I never asked my physician.

By your answer above, it seemed like you set up the survey to prove a point, but weren't getting the response you wanted, so you made some assumptions.
Thank you for sharing and for the clarification on other factors involved in your situation.

your response was perfect, no assumptions intended and the poll is what your make it.

if finding out what percentage is vaccinated vs not is an issue for you, please ignore thread, thx.

Thank you for sharing and for the clarification on other factors involved in your situation.

your response was perfect, no assumptions intended and the poll is what your make it.

if finding out what percentage is vaccinated vs not is an issue for you, please ignore thread, thx.
No issue at all. Just was trying to understand your motivation.

I mentioned in another thread that it looks like we have reached the level of vaccination in this country and this is what it will be. Hospitals in the region are seeing little if any activity or further interest.

Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam

I mentioned in another thread that it looks like we have reached the level of vaccination in this country and this is what it will be. Hospitals in the region are seeing little if any activity or further interest.
I agree we are plateauing in ppl interested in vaccinations right now.

I don’t agree that it can’t or won’t grow in % vaccinated going forward.

I agree we are plateauing in ppl interested in vaccinations right now.

I don’t agree that it can’t or won’t grow in % vaccinated going forward.
In speaking with hospital's they indicate that they have tried just about every form of communication/incentive and they don't see the needle moving much. Same as for other programs they offer. There is a percentage of the population that will just sit on the sidelines.

I am vaccinated-Moderna.

When the death rate rises especially in the mostly unvaccinated areas, you will then see an increase in vaccinations. Nothing like seeing or knowing a family member or friend die unnecessarily because they contracted CoVid when there is a readily available vaccine. The question becomes when is the tipping point.

Reactions: HallBall02
In speaking with hospital's they indicate that they have tried just about every form of communication/incentive and they don't see the needle moving much. Same as for other programs they offer. There is a percentage of the population that will just sit on the sidelines.
Communication from hospitals prob won’t move the needle much, I agree.

Lot of stuff outside the scope of communication from hospitals , positive and negative motivators, can change perspective on vaccinations going forward however.

I’ll list a few motivators below that might move the needle.

Positive motivators
-more data on general safety of vaccinations (more time, more studied, prob more likely be okay with them, esp mRNA ones)
-FDA change from EUA to full approval, biggie.
-New data on specific patient types and vaccinations - pregnant, breast feeding moms, specific at risk groups and safety that just came out.
-EUA approval of the other 20% of population - 6mo-11 years.
-Maybe a friend or family member or trusted source helps make them feel more comfortable with the decision with time since everyone else in network vaccinated.
-More repub leaders saying they gotten vaccinated and safe and effective, VP Harris take back her divisive statements of not taking a Trump vaccine.

-Negative motivators
-more threats with more deadly or more contagious variants
-more data on long term COVID.
-data that shows natural immunity although may last as long as vaccine immunity, it’s is not as broad spectrum of a protection as the vaccine is to severe disease and death to new variants.
-more data that kids spread disease more than anticipated
-more mask mandates and closures happening because of expected spike in cases in the next few months. Rather get shot than wear mask.
-with some of the movement listed above, maybe more mandates coming from employers esp from healthcare connected individuals. (FYI in my company only 55% vaccinated and we deal with the sickest of sick patients which is crazy to me).
-I don’t think this would happen but vaccine passports more in this country like it plays a role in others could be a negative motivator (much like the issues with you traveling internationally without vaccine card).
-Social media being more aggressive in removing confirmed falsehoods about vaccinations (since social media is the primary news source of many ppl).

Last edited:
I am 63, healthy, exercise, and take no medications. Up until 3 years ago, I never got a Flu shot. At 60 I started getting an annual PCP checkup. The doc convinced me to get the flu shot on an annual basis. When Covid came, he also suggested I get it.

Other factor was I disliked wearing the mask and was happy to get vaccinated so I could not have to wear a mask.

Other factor was a daughter having a grandchild and her rule that if I wanted to see him, I needed to get vaccinated.

I was not concerned about the fast tracking.

I realize some people have had bad side affects. When you listen to a TV ad about a drug, the side affects are often numerous yet many people still take them. I saw the Covid vax as no different.

Last edited:
Reactions: sami and HallBall02
I am vaccinated-Moderna.

When the death rate rises especially in the mostly unvaccinated areas, you will then see an increase in vaccinations. Nothing like seeing or knowing a family member or friend die unnecessarily because they contracted CoVid when there is a readily available vaccine. The question becomes when is the tipping point.
Agree that something significant will need to happen to move the needle. Hard to imagine though with 600,000 deaths that anyone hasn’t known someone that has died. In addition, some of the hardest hit areas have the lowest vaccination rates.

Agree that something significant will need to happen to move the needle. Hard to imagine though with 600,000 deaths that anyone hasn’t known someone that has died. In addition, some of the hardest hit areas have the lowest vaccination rates.
The difference is that people think it was mostly the case deaths were mostly in the elderly overweight category. This ignores the great number of people that were hospitalized and experienced serious health issues who were not elderly.

The Delta variant is hitting people who are younger. When you start see more people in their 30 's and 40's die, that is what changes the narrative. At this point, I think those that have not been vaccinated have their heels dug in for whatever stance they are taking. But nothing like death to slap you back into reality.

Age 60, vaccinated (Pfizer), travel a lot, read a lot about it and really felt it was the right thing to do. I don't want to wear a mask again.

Last edited:
I'm not and don't plan on it. Back in May I got an anti body test and I had them so I have natural immunity which is better then the shot.

I received the Jansson jab last week. I was waiting for FDA approval but needed to get it due to Delta/lamboda variant concerns. Voted yes!

I received the first Pfizer vaccine in January, 2nd one in early Feb.

My entire extended family that is eligible is vaccinated except my niece’shusband (22 year old barber). There are a lot of kids in my fam that are under 12 however and are still unvaccinated obviously.

It’s been 5 months since 2nd shot and I have no side effects except sore arm a day after 2nd shot

Glad I pulled the trigger early and have felt relatively safe in public the last few months.

I received the first Pfizer vaccine in January, 2nd one in early Feb.

My entire extended family that is eligible is vaccinated except my niece’shusband (22 year old barber). There are a lot of kids in my fam that are under 12 however and are still unvaccinated obviously.

It’s been 5 months since 2nd shot and I have no side effects except sore arm a day after 2nd shot

Glad I pulled the trigger early and have felt relatively safe in public the last few months.

Just curious. Why did you point out your niece's husband is a 22 year old barber?

Just curious. Why did you point out your niece's husband is a 22 year old barber?
Just to give context on his situation.

He is young and he feels invisible, wants to have kids soon, but in a job where he is exposed to lots of people daily.

Forgot to mention, he doesn’t have health insurance either 😬

Last edited:

600,000 is a fairly small number in a country of 330 million. I personally don't know anyone who died of it. I do know plenty of people who got it and got over it with little to no issues and a couple (two) who had to be hospitalized.

Age 60, vaccinated (Pfizer), travel a lot, read a lot about it and really felt it was the right thing to do. I don't want to wear a mask again.

Mask mandates (if they return) will likely apply to everyone, as LA County has done. But there is no need for restrictions anymore. The medical system is not (and won't be) overwhelmed because most people have either had the disease previously or took the vaccine.

My biggest takeaway is you're 60? When the hell did that happen?

Reactions: SPK145

JJ brothers. we toe the line of brain clot and gullien barre syndrome every day

Communication from hospitals prob won’t move the needle much, I agree.

Lot of stuff outside the scope of communication from hospitals , positive and negative motivators, can change perspective on vaccinations going forward however.

I’ll list a few motivators below that might move the needle.

Positive motivators
-more data on general safety of vaccinations (more time, more studied, prob more likely be okay with them, esp mRNA ones)
-FDA change from EUA to full approval, biggie.
-New data on specific patient types and vaccinations - pregnant, breast feeding moms, specific at risk groups and safety that just came out.
-EUA approval of the other 20% of population - 6mo-11 years.
-Maybe a friend or family member or trusted source helps make them feel more comfortable with the decision with time since everyone else in network vaccinated.
-More repub leaders saying they gotten vaccinated and safe and effective, VP Harris take back her divisive statements of not taking a Trump vaccine.

-Negative motivators
-more threats with more deadly or more contagious variants
-more data on long term COVID.
-data that shows natural immunity although may last as long as vaccine immunity, it’s is not as broad spectrum of a protection as the vaccine is to severe disease and death to new variants.
-more data that kids spread disease more than anticipated
-more mask mandates and closures happening because of expected spike in cases in the next few months. Rather get shot than wear mask.
-with some of the movement listed above, maybe more mandates coming from employers esp from healthcare connected individuals. (FYI in my company only 55% vaccinated and we deal with the sickest of sick patients which is crazy to me).
-I don’t think this would happen but vaccine passports more in this country like it plays a role in others could be a negative motivator (much like the issues with you traveling internationally without vaccine card).
-Social media being more aggressive in removing confirmed falsehoods about vaccinations (since social media is the primary news source of many ppl).
https://usafacts.org/visualizations/covid-vaccine-tracker-states/

Curve for vaccinations has flattened even with the MSM messaging on Delta Variant, India, etc. IMO, there might be tiny bumps from any of those factors (do 99.9%of the population even know what an EUA is???), but I think it’s going to continue to flatten.

I got vaccinated because smart people whom I pay $ to said I should.

I plan to take Johnson & Johnson, followed by a shot of Moderna because TV doctor Vin Gupta told me to. What could go wrong? After that, maybe I will take a shot of Pfizer just for fun because you can never be too safe, right? Then maybe Novovax and AstraZeneca will be approved in the US and I'll take those too just to be safe and protect against whatever the latest "variant" is that the government and media want to scare me with at that time. It'll work too because I'm a good little sheep.

After that I am prepared to take my booster every six months so these companies can make money off me and the millions of us forever. Vaccines forever! Maybe then I will be a successful government/big pharma lab rat and have a higher social credit score.

I plan to take Johnson & Johnson, followed by a shot of Moderna because TV doctor Vin Gupta told me to. What could go wrong? After that, maybe I will take a shot of Pfizer just for fun because you can never be too safe, right? Then maybe Novovax and AstraZeneca will be approved in the US and I'll take those too just to be safe and protect against whatever the latest "variant" is that the government and media want to scare me with at that time. It'll work too because I'm a good little sheep.

After that I am prepared to take my booster every six months so these companies can make money off me and the millions of us forever. Vaccines forever! Maybe then I will be a successful government/big pharma lab rat and have a higher social credit score.
Pretty stupid post from you. You can make it a joke, but the responses here have been pretty reasonable. When hospitalizations and deaths are down for the vaccinated, maybe there’s something behind it. People aren’t sheep because they take a vaccine, just like you have the choice not to. But this post was asinine.

Pretty stupid post from you. You can make it a joke, but the responses here have been pretty reasonable. When hospitalizations and deaths are down for the vaccinated, maybe there’s something behind it. People aren’t sheep because they take a vaccine, just like you have the choice not to. But this post was asinine.

Relax, try to laugh a little during this time. Nobody argues the vaccines don't work. They do. Just some of us don't want to be coerced into getting them.

Relax, try to laugh a little during this time. Nobody argues the vaccines don't work. They do. Just some of us don't want to be coerced into getting them.
Ah, it’s just been a respectful thread. People shouldn’t be getting shit for their choice, one way or the other. But just because you don’t agree with the majority (20 out of 23 thus far), we are not sheep.

Ah, it’s just been a respectful thread. People shouldn’t be getting shit for their choice, one way or the other. But just because you don’t agree with the majority (20 out of 23 thus far), we are not sheep.
I'm not criticizing anyone. If you want the vaccine, have at it. If you want to wear a mask, great, nobody's stopping you.

Well that’s a pretty silly statement. You acknowledge that the vaccines work. But you won’t get it because people or the government is telling you to get it.

So really it’s just your ego preventing you from getting it. Hey, it’s ok to admit your wrong. It makes you grow as a human being. As a side benefit it can save your life.

Well that’s a pretty silly statement. You acknowledge that the vaccines work. But you won’t get it because people or the government is telling you to get it.

So really it’s just your ego preventing you from getting it. Hey, it’s ok to admit your wrong. It makes you grow as a human being. As a side benefit it can save your life.

I'm not taking it because I don't need it, I'm not in a high risk group and who knows what the long term effects will be. I have an immune system that can fight off the virus. It has nothing to do with "ego."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT