ADVERTISEMENT

August tweets

Love how he looks mean for the picture. There is not a mean bone in his body. A shame most of the fans never got a chance to meet him. He walks around with a shit ass grin all the time. Just a nice young man.
I had the pleasure to meet him and talk at length to him at the Beefsteak dinner. Smart, affable young man and a delight to talk to. Sha called him the grandpa of the team: held everyone accountable and kept folks in line.

Reactions: Halldan1
Will never get tired of watching clips from that Kentucky game. When Cale hit the game-winner, we had Taurean (Soph) on the floor with Quincy, Powell, Cale (Soph) and Freshman Anthony Nelson against Calipari's NBA team.

Kentucky had 6 future NBA players in that game including 4 1st rounders Keldon Johnson, PJ Washington, Tyler Herro & Immanuel Quickley. Those 4 are all current starters in the NBA and so is Nick Richards who was a 2nd round pick.

Will never get tired of watching clips from that Kentucky game. When Cale hit the game-winner, we had Taurean (Soph) on the floor with Quincy, Powell, Cale (Soph) and Freshman Anthony Nelson against Calipari's NBA team.

Kentucky had 6 future NBA players in that game including 4 1st rounders Keldon Johnson, PJ Washington, Tyler Herro & Immanuel Quickley. Those 4 are all current starters in the NBA and so is Nick Richards who was a 2nd round pick.

Yea I always think about how we caught that KY team at the right time earlier in the season. They had so much talent. I remember in addition to PJ they were really relying on that transfer big who was (I think) one of the first times Cal decided to go all-in on a grad transfer because he thought he needed that to supplement the young studs he brought in annually to KY.

Reactions: MooneyHall07
Yea I always think about how we caught that KY team at the right time earlier in the season. They had so much talent. I remember in addition to PJ they were really relying on that transfer big who was (I think) one of the first times Cal decided to go all-in on a grad transfer because he thought he needed that to supplement the young studs he brought in annually to KY.
Reid travis

Reactions: dehere23
Nothing like sticking a pin in our Shaheen optimism lol! SHU Pirates will finish top 5 in Big East, before Uconn departs
Oh my god, Ultimatecranston on substack doesn’t like the roster, SHU should just cancel the season right now.

Reactions: Seton75
"Shaheen Holloway’s coaching chops have few doubters left after he did more with less for two seasons at his alma mater coming off the Elite Eight at St. Peter’s, but this will be his worst roster yet in South Orange."

Huh?

Look, this inexperienced group needs to keep developing and leave some freshman years behind, but based on talent and ability to fit a style, you can make a good case that this is his best roster since he became the head coach.

Nothing like sticking a pin in our Shaheen optimism lol! SHU Pirates will finish top 5 in Big East, before Uconn departs
I knew pictures of the new players would appear someday lol

We are at 206 so just missed this list. 2020-2021 we had only 14 wins, took us off this pic. Still averaged over 20 wins a year inlast decade tho.

VCU fans think this a favorable match up for them and easy win.

While I’ll admit our team’s collection of players are an unknown at this level, they have a hell of lot of potential, probably more then any team in recent memory (with high school rankings especially) and 3 huge upside players going into their sophomore leap year.

Historically we have been solid, Sha has proven he can do more with less and always has top tier defenses. Beat the national champs two years in a row. NIT champs, 20plus wins avg over the last decade.

Why do folks constantly underestimate us?

Last edited:
"Shaheen Holloway’s coaching chops have few doubters left after he did more with less for two seasons at his alma mater coming off the Elite Eight at St. Peter’s, but this will be his worst roster yet in South Orange."

Huh?

Look, this inexperienced group needs to keep developing and leave some freshman years behind, but based on talent and ability to fit a style, you can make a good case that this is his best roster since he became the head coach.
This person is an idiot. While there may be no star, this team is 8-10 deep.

Reactions: SHUSource
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT