ADVERTISEMENT

Be careful what is wished for

Liz Cheney has decided to get into a shouting match with Trump and go on left wing news outlets and continue to talk about the 2020 election. She could easily ignore Trump and refuse to discuss the election when brought up in interviews. What she should be doing is her job which is forwarding the Republican agenda: pointing out Bidens failures (border, inflation, etc) and taking back the house in 2022.

Liz Cheney has decided to get into a shouting match with Trump and go on left wing news outlets and continue to talk about the 2020 election. She could easily ignore Trump and refuse to discuss the election when brought up in interviews. What she should be doing is her job which is forwarding the Republican agenda: pointing out Bidens failures (border, inflation, etc) and taking back the house in 2022.
Republicans have a schism brewing

You only think this is news because the left wing media begs you to think it is. It’s been tweeted so shore guy is on it! Try real life issues like murder all over the country, Randi Weingarten, a gasoline shortage, Asian hate crimes, illegal immigrants, etc
Actually it is news, a vote to replace her on wednesday

Most people understand this, but the Twitter-ites are too busy getting brainwashed in their personal echo chambers.
Exactly. Numb skulls. Where were the posts copying and pasting shit about infighting between pelosi and the squad? Don’t exist because republicans don’t give a shit and either mr apolitical ignored it or it didn’t fit his unbearable take on just about everything

It's not really news but democrats will try to make it news to convince people in the middle that the right has gone too far to the right just like republicans tried to make any tension between the squad and moderate dems to get the middle to think that dems are going too far left. It's all theater.

The line "We embrace free thought and debate" from McCarthy is kind amusing though given the context.

Reactions: donnie_baseball
Republicans aim to cancel liz because she was truthful and transparent about jan 6...and you got lindsay graham among others saying the party needs trump going forward...is that the hill the party seeks to die on?

Republicans need to determine what they seek as core goals they can sell the public and voters

Right now republicans harping that low paying jobs cant be filled, well yeah accomplished professionals dont want to go work for min wage or just above. Btw, Biden approval mark very good, though you wouldnt see it here without this post. Even 47 percent of republican voters agree he is doing a good job.

and you got lindsay graham among others saying the party needs trump going forward...is that the hill the party seeks to die on?

Unfortunately Lindsey is correct. Trump has too much influence to push away. Primary challenges would start to pop up everywhere.

Republicans aim to cancel liz because she was truthful and transparent about jan 6...and you got lindsay graham among others saying the party needs trump going forward...is that the hill the party seeks to die on?

Republicans need to determine what they seek as core goals they can sell the public and voters
Wonder where you got that poll about Biden approval rating which you unsurprisingly take as gospel.

As for Cheney-Nobody is “cancelling” her. The party doesn’t think she’s an appropriate leader. What part of that don’t you get?

I’m way more focused on what Randi Weingarten had to say the other day on some network (forget which). About the potential changes to curriculum across the board, school reopenings come Sept (as if that should even be a question) and mandatory vaccinations for kids.

It's not really news but democrats will try to make it news to convince people in the middle that the right has gone too far to the right just like republicans tried to make any tension between the squad and moderate dems to get the middle to think that dems are going too far left. It's all theater.

The line "We embrace free thought and debate" from McCarthy is kind amusing though given the context.
Exactly, all politics on both sides, nothing new, been happening for hundreds of years, but social media wants to make like it is some earth shattering phenomenon.

Right now republicans harping that low paying jobs cant be filled, well yeah accomplished professionals dont want to go work for min wage or just above. Btw, Biden approval mark very good, though you wouldnt see it here without this post. Even 47 percent of republican voters agree he is doing a good job.

Haha! Our Dementia President can't talk without a teleprompter. Always complaining about getting in trouble if he takes off the cuff questions.
Royally screwed up Employment with all the stimulus.
Rocketing Inflation
Border Crisis since reversing Trumps policy.
Middle East peace erased.
Too busy worrying about Woke BS to care about the gas crisis and hacking

Dont' worry the Ny Times is covering for Biden

Last edited:
Out of curiosity what do you think Ana Navarro would say if you said the reason for not getting the vaccine was my body, my choice. Both sides have slogans they rally around and then regret 15 minutes later. She's just as big a hypocrite as everyone else. Stupid stuff. Just think if either side got what they wished for. Scary thoughts.

Last edited:
How many "accomplished professionals" do you figure are getting stimulus money? None that I know. The issue is the lower income brackets making more to stay home and the stimulus money going up in smoke or down the bottle.

Reactions: Pirata and Hallsome
How many "accomplished professionals" do you figure are getting stimulus money? None that I know. The issue is the lower income brackets making more to stay home and the stimulus money going up in smoke or down the bottle.
I got stimulus money and I am not embarrassed to admit it. I had a tough time in my industry last few years. Oh and I sought chances to work roles that may be a lesser ceiling than my competency level. I was not even given a look. However, i was not going to go take work a MW when my UB had a particular equity level. Btw, currently at new gig where my salary is above the current threshold for stimulus.

In my small circle, I know numerous people who have received stimulus checks for various reasons and in various amounts. None of which by the way lost their job. And who were able to collect unemployment on top of that. I know a group of teachers who work at summer camps each summer -- not because of the extra cash per se, but because it gets their kids free admission, they get outside and have a relatively easy gig. None of their camps went forward last summer, and they all collected unemployment. On top of that, they ran sports programs out of the backyard for the families whose kids did not have camp because of the closure, and raked in cash (good amounts) on top of that. I know others who had a situation where one parent was on maternity for part of 2018/2019, and thus were able to qualify for stimulus checks even though they regained employment in 2020 when they came off leave and their spouse was working the whole time. I also know a number folks in their 50s or 60s who worked a retail job (or something like that) to stay busy, get some extra cash and perhaps benefits. And who have not gone back to that job because the unemployment benefits are better.

Just a reminder, stimulus payments were not need based. The purpose of them was to quickly inject cash into the economy by giving people money to spend. It wasn't income replacement, it was cash injection to go buy stuff. Whether people did is another thing (or what they bought). My parents got stimulus, they are 100% on fixed income so it was extra money. They spent it, stimulating the economy.

Unemployment benefits, however, were need based. And of course, cases of abuses will be there. Can't analyze case by case so the government puts out a campfire with a firehose.

my stimulus money went in the bank. the money i already had went down the bottle. it was already earmarked before hand :)

• Haha
Reactions: donnie_baseball
Just a reminder, stimulus payments were not need based. The purpose of them was to quickly inject cash into the economy by giving people money to spend. It wasn't income replacement, it was cash injection to go buy stuff. Whether people did is another thing (or what they bought). My parents got stimulus, they are 100% on fixed income so it was extra money. They spent it, stimulating the economy.

Unemployment benefits, however, were need based. And of course, cases of abuses will be there. Can't analyze case by case so the government puts out a campfire with a firehose.
uber drivers have basically decreased by half. they make as much money on unemployment and are taking the govt up on it.

uber drivers have basically decreased by half. they make as much money on unemployment and are taking the govt up on it.
Have I denied this?

And this is likely a factor to something interesting I’ve read about Hawaii. It’s probably the lack of Uber/Lyft that have caused car rentals on the islands to skyrocket to the point of zero supply. In Maui, a Toyota Camry was listed at $725 for a day at one place. Like, what???

Inflation is going to skyrocket...I can't see how it doesn't over the next few months. ULine announced it was adding 175 jobs locally at $23 - 30/hour with an annual $7,000 bonus....for warehouse work. Restaurants are going to have to up wages significantly as they can't get enough help now to meet demand....here comes the $25 burger.

Inflation is going to skyrocket...I can't see how it doesn't over the next few months. ULine announced it was adding 175 jobs locally at $23 - 30/hour with an annual $7,000 bonus....for warehouse work. Restaurants are going to have to up wages significantly as they can't get enough help now to meet demand....here comes the $25 burger.
Restaurants may have to increase wages, but ultimately that may lead to savings on payroll if they can get more workers reducing overtime pay. I deal a restaurant where the 5 bus boys average over 60 hours per week. Bartenders are actually bitching that bus boys are taking home more money than they are.

Restaurants may have to increase wages, but ultimately that may lead to savings on payroll if they can get more workers reducing overtime pay. I deal a restaurant where the 5 bus boys average over 60 hours per week. Bartenders are actually bitching that bus boys are taking home more money than they are.
I find it hard to believe that bus boys are making more than bartenders. Maybe national chains pay overtime, but do mom and pop restaurants?

I find it hard to believe that bus boys are making more than bartenders. Maybe national chains pay overtime, but do mom and pop restaurants?
If they're following the rules they're paying overtime. Overtime is not optional. If the department of labor knocks on the door, good luck. The restaurants I'm talking about are grossing up between 5-10 million in sales, so I'm not sure they are considered mom and pop.

Have I denied this?

And this is likely a factor to something interesting I’ve read about Hawaii. It’s probably the lack of Uber/Lyft that have caused car rentals on the islands to skyrocket to the point of zero supply. In Maui, a Toyota Camry was listed at $725 for a day at one place. Like, what???
car rentals have been crazy.

2.30 an hour plus tips no?
Waiters are getting 4.13 plus tips. Waiters can do very well at restaurants when steak prices are over $50 and certain fish dinners are over $70. Bus boys aren't getting the same percentage of tips as the waiters but they get a decent piece. With a lot less people sitting at the bar, bartenders haven't had the greatest winter.

Waiters are getting 4.13 plus tips. Waiters can do very well at restaurants when steak prices are over $50 and certain fish dinners are over $70. Bus boys aren't getting the same percentage of tips as the waiters but they get a decent piece. With a lot less people sitting at the bar, bartenders haven't had the greatest winter.
8 hour shift is a 32 dollar guranteee, you get 100 in tips an hour you are doing well

8 hour shift is a 32 dollar guranteee, you get 100 in tips an hour you are doing well
I don't see anyone getting 100 in tips an hour. If they are God bless. For the lack of stress, I'd take that job. But $125 per day is pretty standard, double it on weekends.

Right the bartenders got killed certain places where there were restrictions on them number of people and just being able to sit at the bar generally. I went to an Irish pub/restaurant on the first Friday of the tourney, an annual thing with friends. Usually it is bustling with groups of guys like ours who do this annually. But they couldn’t have seats at the bar. And the crowd was more sparse than I’ve ever seen it because of the restrictions.

Not sure why people and businesses have ever treated CDC "guidance" and "recommendations" as gospel. They have no binding power.

car rentals have been crazy.
This time last year there was no demand for car rentals so they sold off their cars now causing a real shortage in the marketplace resulting in huge rental charges.

Reactions: shu09
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT