ADVERTISEMENT

BET Post Game: Disappointing

SOpirate

Senior
Gold Member
Dec 19, 2021
A lot of talk from the players this week about legacies and how they know March can be life changing. Maybe they put too much pressure on themselves because this was one of the sloppiest and laziest performances of the season.

Unforced errors, losing every loose ball, and looking lost on defense. If the eye test is a thing we 100% failed it. They probably still will get in, but no one to blame outside of themselves if they don’t.

I was traveling and completely forgot about + missed this game.

Seems I was in good company with the team.

We laid a huge egg today. Hope we get in...... somewhere... anywhere....... this Sunday and move on.

Reactions: Turiddu
Probably one and done in Dayton.
So, I respectfully disagree. Give SJU some credit too. Their coach had a solid game plan and they attacked the gut of the SHU defense. Lesson learned. Sha and the coaching staff can now go do their homework. Sha has an extra couple of days at least of practice. Don't forget Pitino had two games to view and make adjustments. The coach next week won't have that luxury. Dayton is Dayton if that's the case, probably a very Neutral site. For me the key is Sha getting their heads right for the game, something Kevin really struggled to do outside of MSG. Doubtful next week's opponent will have the depth SJU has. Forget about this game and have confidence in the team.

Reactions: SHallguy2
Bediako was putrid from the tip. 1 rebound in 30 mins, thats hard to do. Yes, I know he hasnt played in the Garden, but if he plays like that, we’ll lose by 20 in Dayton. Zero effort, extremely soft. Very disappointed

To me the turning point in the game was early in the second half when Jenkins got his third foul. For those complaining about the officiating, on TV I thought that was a charge. But he picked up the third, and Pitino had to pull him. That was the time for us to make the run. Jenkins is not only their best player, but he is easily the most irreplaceable guy on the roster because he is the leader/PG, and the uber-talented freshman kid isn't ready to step into that role on a stage like today (which he showed).

When Jenkins went out, I said here is when we come back and take this game over. Which makes the loss even worse, because they dropped 91 on us with their best player and catalyst only playing 22 minutes.

Reactions: SHUSource
Not sure if it was the turning point but you just knew they weren’t winning after the last 60 seconds of the first half. They could’ve had no players on the court and put up more resistance on that last play. I don’t think there was a winning mindset from the tip.

Last edited:
so what if were in Dayton, we shouldnt have been in anything pre-season...
The only problem with that thinking is we proved that prediction to be wrong. Can’t fall back on we thought we would stink so be happy. They raised expectations and laid an egg. I take my lead from Sha on this.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT