ADVERTISEMENT

Big East question

Halldan1

Jan 1, 2003
This might sound like heresy but give it a thought.

DePaul already has a 5 star player coming in for the 2018/19 season and they are strongly in the running for a second such star recruit to play in their new arena.

In the next three years knowing that Georgetown is going to struggle until Ewing gets a chance to re do his roster do you see the Blue Demons jumping the Hoyas in the short term?

This might sound like heresy but give it a thought.

DePaul already has a 5 star player coming in for the 2018/19 season and they are strongly in the running for a second such star recruit to play in their new arena.

In the next three years knowing that Georgetown is going to struggle until Ewing gets a chance to re do his roster do you see the Blue Demons jumping the Hoyas in the short term?
Yes. I've been waiting for DePaul to make their move - I believe Leitao is a good coach - and they may finally be getting some traction. This, by the way, would be great for the league in terms of FS1.

I may be wrong, but I see Georgetown's hire of Ewing as a disaster that will send them to the basement of the league. I actually hope I'm wrong - a strong Georgetown is good for the Big East, too, as they remain one of the league's marquee brand names - but I'd be shocked if that works well there.

Yes, they have a coach with experience, a 5 star commit, a new arena, things are starting to look up for the Blue Demons

I think most all of us want the conference to be the best. That may be asking too much but DePaul has really hurt the league's RPI since it was recently reconstituted.

Last year in the Ken Pom ratings the 9th place team, St John's was ranked 99th. DePaul checked in at 184. That's not good for the Big East.

Yes. I've been waiting for DePaul to make their move - I believe Leitao is a good coach - and they may finally be getting some traction. This, by the way, would be great for the league in terms of FS1.

I may be wrong, but I see Georgetown's hire of Ewing as a disaster that will send them to the basement of the league. I actually hope I'm wrong - a strong Georgetown is good for the Big East, too, as they remain one of the league's marquee brand names - but I'd be shocked if that works well there.

While I understand your point, be careful what you wish for. So many times I hear something like the following: "A good Georgetown, a good Villanova, a good St. John's, a good DePaul, a good Marquette is good for the Big East." Sure, but somebody has to finish 7th, 8th, 9th and 10th. In only a 10 team league, I'd rather it be them than us that finishes towards the bottom. A good Seton Hall should be our main concern, otherwise we'll be left behind while all these other teams get consistently good and finish ahead of us.

DePaul is recruiting like mad with 35 offers out for 2018 and 25 for 2019. They're working hard to get involved with as many kids as they can and building relationships with the top HS and AAU programs that could pay off for them in the future. Just remember they're not only getting a new arena but a new president who is very supportive of athletics .

Just remember they're not only getting a new arena but a new president who is very supportive of athletics .
We better be getting a new president who is very supportive of athletics as well! Dr. Meehan is, but she's temporary. The permanent person must be as well!

Reactions: Irishwakeup
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT