ADVERTISEMENT

Bozzella on the schedule

Halldan1

Jan 1, 2003

TROVE: Speaking of the Big East, UConn is UConn and they'll have Paige Bueckers back, but how do you see the rest of the conference shaking out this year?

BOZZELLA: To be frank, the conference has lost a lot of talent. Villanova lost three kids that could have come back. Creighton lost one of their best players that could have come back. You know we lost a starter that could have come back in Micah Gray. You go down the list a couple of these other schools all lost players that could have come back plus we graduated a lot. So the league is still talented, but it's not as talented as it's been. It isn't, you've got to be blunt.

With that being said, I think this is one of our more overall talented teams. So I think, we were picked in that pseudo preseason poll - they do one during the summer to help with the scheduling - we were picked sixth. I think we'll be better than that. Whether we can get into that two, three spot, you know, we have to stay healthy and we have to gel as a team. We have the ability to. We'll see where that ends. We play only Villanova once and Georgetown once. So clearly, we're still playing UConn twice, Creighton twice, Providence was picked third and we're playing them twice. We're faced with a tough schedule, but I do think we have the ability to do really well. It's one of our more overall top to bottom talented teams. If Ramani can play she's an X factor. Ramani's an all-conference level player. You can't just look at her stats she's really good.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.