ADVERTISEMENT

Brodie Transferring official

Dunno if we would have grabbed someone of quality bc of it, but he probably should have just stuck to his guns and left last summer when he didn't make it on the Italy trip.
It is too late with exception to a shakur situation a sit out transfer who has years left needs to have decision in place by may at latest

I wish him luck as well. Other than St. Peter's, where might he consider? Wonder if he could become the other Myles who blossomed on the West Coast. Will never forget the look on his face when he was the sacrificial ejection in the first GT game this year.

I really liked Brodie. I am not sure this is the best move for us. He had been a good guy and seemed to be a real team player. I wish him nothing but the best to him and to his family.
I agree. We currently now have 1 center on the roster. Obviously Mamu backs up Ike at the 5 at this point. I trust the staff will find someone, but as you said he seemed like a really good dude. Obviously there are points in a season where depth comes into play, I was hoping next year he'd get some minutes and show he can be a big body who can clear the paint. Hopefully the program he goes to he has the opportunity to show that.

Any chance he can take this past year as a red shirt?

If the current transfer rules hold, you still have 5 years to play 4. But the way waivers have been given out, wouldn’t be surprised if he gets one at his new school.

Frees up a ship it’s a positive
I think next years team has the ability to do some good things. I think Cale's going to work his ass off this summer. I think Cale, Reynolds, Molson, Rhoden, Nelson, Samuel, Mamu, and Ike is a good returning nucleus. Long and Stevens are going to be freshmen and will most likely have some ups and downs as most freshmen in this league do. That still leaves 3 players we need to get if one more shoe drops and one of those guys are gone. Aiken would be a gigantic piece. I wouldn't mind 2 quality sitout bigs.

Last edited:
Hope he can play right away. At least he can get two years on the court. You cant teach big, someone will have a place for him. Best of luck DB.

Too bad Brodie didn’t work out . I was glad he did a post grad year playing for Boyle at Montverde as I thought that would help accelerate his development and improve his skill set but he just never reached the point where he could get minutes. I just hope he finds a program where he can play, get significant minutes and be successful.

I agree. We currently now have 1 center on the roster. Obviously Mamu backs up Ike at the 5 at this point. I trust the staff will find someone, but as you said he seemed like a really good dude. Obviously there are points in a season where depth comes into play, I was hoping next year he'd get some minutes and show he can be a big body who can clear the paint. Hopefully the program he goes to he has the opportunity to show that.

Would be nice to sign the TPS center Sanogo, if he reclassifies. He and Obiagu would be a force.

Sanogo also has more of traditional low-post scoring game. Some Delgado/Govan in there.

Sorry to see Darnell leave because I thought he had some potential based on the limited action he saw as a freshman. Not necessarily 15 and 10 potential but someone who could eat some minutes and be productive.

I'm sure this is for the best all around as it was clear from November that he didn't look to be part of the plans moving forward. He is someone the no-sit rule would probably benefit as he could then take this past year as a redshirt and still have his three years of eligibility.

We need players who are good enough to play and contribute not play bench cheerleader

Kind of harsh. Don't disagree, but could one say this about anyone who didn't work out. We have 13 scholarships, right? Do we really expect all 13 to play and contribute? In a perfect world... In fact, arguably, are nos. 11-13 really not Big East players?

Reactions: Setonwestern
Kind of harsh. Don't disagree, but could one say this about anyone who didn't work out. We have 13 scholarships, right? Do we really expect all 13 to play and contribute? In a perfect world... In fact, arguably, are nos. 11-13 really not Big East players?
Actually, only 12 for this year.

Look at Novas bench. It’s tough but 200 minutes doesn’t work well with 12/13 guys. Much better with 8/9. There’s always going to be the 11/12/13 guys but that doesn’t mean as they progress they stay 11 thru 13. Look at TS this year. I would be stunned if he wasn’t a vital cog and a 10-20 minute player next season with a chance to be much more when Mamu leaves, which we pray is after next season. He would go from being 10 off the bench to a 30 mpg guy in two years. Happens all the time.

Wish him well and all the best. Hopefully he finds the right fit for himself. With a few years of eligibility, maybe he can have some real success with the right program. I have to plead ignorance as I am not sure just what type of player we are losing here. Never had a feel for him and his abilities, but him and TT leaving come as little to no surprise.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT