ADVERTISEMENT

Bryce Aiken ????

cams555

Sophomore
Oct 24, 2019
Come on Trove Bryce is coming back isn't he, why else would he still be with the team? I guess it kind of makes sense, where else is he going to go? Most schools are not going to take a chance on a kid that has been injured for 2+ years. Plus he gets one more shot, probably as a role player, but at least he gets redemption for last season. Then again, the year is not over, he seems like a good kid and he just wanted to help give back to the community.

Reactions: JoePeppitone2012
He has been, more often than not, significantly hurt for 4 of his 5 years in college. Why would he even want to come back at this point?

He has a harvard degree. Go make money.
With a Harvard degree I think its smart enough to know that his opportunities of playing competitive basketball are dwindling. Anybody that really loves that game would want to extend their playing time for as long as they can because when its over its over. I think he's even more inclined to stay because he knows he's going to fall back on a good job because of that Harvard degree.

Play another year, potentially make an NCAAA tournament run, and pick up a Masters? It doesn't sound like a bad option to me.

Come on Trove Bryce is coming back isn't he, why else would he still be with the team? I guess it kind of makes sense, where else is he going to go? Most schools are not going to take a chance on a kid that has been injured for 2+ years. Plus he gets one more shot, probably as a role player, but at least he gets redemption for last season. Then again, the year is not over, he seems like a good kid and he just wanted to help give back to the community.

I have no information, not sure him helping here is any indication of him returning or not. Maybe he cares about school and community, so since still living at SHU taking graduate classes, and he just wanted to help out with food drive.

Is there anything in his past that you think he will accept a role of playing 10 mpg and be at the back of the rotation?

With a Harvard degree I think its smart enough to know that his opportunities of playing competitive basketball are dwindling. Anybody that really loves that game would want to extend their playing time for as long as they can because when its over its over. I think he's even more inclined to stay because he knows he's going to fall back on a good job because of that Harvard degree.

Play another year, potentially make an NCAAA tournament run, and pick up a Masters? It doesn't sound like a bad option to me.

Maybe he's also smart enough to know he doesn't want to put his body through another year of an increased risk of permanent damage and potential emotional/mental turmoil caused by another potential injury.

Two of his injuries this year occurred because he walked outside with snow/ice on the ground and because of (IIRC) pre-game warm ups.

Many jobs will reimburse part/most of his master's degree upon completion.

Maybe he's also smart enough to know he doesn't want to put his body through another year of an increased risk of permanent damage and potential emotional/mental turmoil caused by another potential injury.

Two of his injuries this year occurred because he walked outside with snow/ice on the ground and because of (IIRC) pre-game warm ups.

Many jobs will reimburse part/most of his master's degree upon completion.

Sorry but that's not the mindset of top level athletes.

Sorry but that's not the mindset of top level athletes.

Okay. Can't wait for him to come back.

Figured a Harvard grad would weigh pros and cons of decisions instead of just the most short sighted one. But whatever.

A lot of strange stuff posted here !
Bottom line is that he’ll do what he feels what’s best for himself, not what some posters think he should do.
i think its ok to weigh on what the team should do. if he wants to come back and sit on the bench until an emergency case then thats great. can never have too many guards.

Maybe persistent injuries.
A lot of players stay/come back to get a Masters Degree or finish Undergrad. Harvard Undergrad - Seton Hall MBA....not a bad deal for Bryce. It is a 50K a year value (scholarship) for probably 50K a year in future salary. It is not all about basketball for our student-athletes.

I would never deny a kid like Bryce to finish what he always wanted - to help SHU advance in the NCAAs. If he is healthy, why not? Everyone gets another year so nothing lost - any one good enough to leave early for the NBA will do so and open up opportunities for others. Go Hall!

If healthy and back why wouldn't he be first option at guard off the bench? Or even start? Only issue is it really takes away from Conway/long pt and development.

Reactions: mbraue
Playing in front of a sold out Rock could be his childhood dream. He has a chance to do that. His other life goals will still be there but this is his only shot of filling that dream. That would be enough reason for most. I hope he goes for it.

Lol, I always laugh when people say “with a Harvard degree, why not go start making money”.

Anyone exploring the job market right now? Anyone care to calculate what his expenses are this year living at school on a full ride? With people living longer and thus working longer before retirement, not all bad enjoying another year of college responsibilities and ballin’ before hitting the 60-hour work week.

Not all about pro-ball potential. Maybe just be a kid for one more year. A 40+ year career will be there next year.

Is it possible that Aiken sees himself as a future basketball coach? If so, remaining on the team with the ability to mentor younger players and get an opportunity for a little playing time, might be the perfect scenario for him. He'll advance his education, avoid living expenses, and get a head start on a coaching career.

I can see his interview with one of the Big firms like JP Morgan, etc going one of two ways.

1. Harvard grad, played at Harvard. “Nice work.”

2. Harvard grad and “Oh, I saw you on CBS hit that game winning shot to get the Hall into the Sweet 16!”

I hope he comes back and embraces whatever role we can offer. Or whatever role he is physically capable of offering.

Lol, I always laugh when people say “with a Harvard degree, why not go start making money”.

Anyone exploring the job market right now? Anyone care to calculate what his expenses are this year living at school on a full ride? With people living longer and thus working longer before retirement, not all bad enjoying another year of college responsibilities and ballin’ before hitting the 60-hour work week.

Not all about pro-ball potential. Maybe just be a kid for one more year. A 40+ year career will be there next year.
So.....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT