C Viv Stringer gets 5 year extension

NYShoreGuy

All Universe
Gold Member
Jan 7, 2006
At age 73...

At age 73...

Politically correct thing to do.

You have to give whatever she wants. She’s had success and she would be the disgruntled ex employee you’d never want.

Reactions: HALL85
She's a legend in the sport. Full stop.

She should largely be allowed to dictate her own terms on when and how her career ends. It's not like she's coasting to the end.

Reactions: SHUSource
I do think her best days are past her, and I don't know why anyone wants to keep working like that at 73, but you could also say that of guys like Boeheim and Mike Krzyzewski and no one (or at least not many) are smirking at their refusal to move on.

I don't care much for her, but her resume is absolutely incredible and there's also no guarantee that Ruptures would be able to find a better replacement, so there's little incentive for them to move on from her, other than financial.

I do think her best days are past her, and I don't know why anyone wants to keep working like that at 73, but you could also say that of guys like Boeheim and Mike Krzyzewski and no one (or at least not many) are smirking at their refusal to move on.

I don't care much for her, but her resume is absolutely incredible and there's also no guarantee that Ruptures would be able to find a better replacement, so there's little incentive for them to move on from her, other than financial.

This encapsulates the thoughts I had as I clicked to open the thread.

FWIW, I agree with this.

First off bless her that she wants to do it at 73. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't but that's her choice. Plus, she's continued at a pretty high level.

Personally, I strongly doubt she'll see the end of the contract. Even if she's year-to-year at this point, her contract can't reflect that. Now she has the cushion to name her time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT