ADVERTISEMENT

Carino: Bryce Aiken on track to return for 2021-22

I am actually excited he is back. I love when they get Jersey recruits, but my concern is does he get minutes?

Harris is just as skilled and keeping him happy keeps his brother happy. Richmond is the present and the future. It would be nice to keep Conway happy as he is going to be a big piece of the future. In my opinion Long and Aiken are going to be hard to fit into the mix.

What do you guys think the depth chart looks like how what do the minutes look like? Willard is going to have his most challenging season yet keeping all this talent happy.

I would love to see him press all game and dare the players to drive in against Ikey. They have the depth and perimeter speed to do it, but although fun to watch strategically risky.

Having Aiken back does not impact anything too much as we’re not relying on him. It’s a one year situation and if he gives us something off the bench, great.

Coach Willard will continue to do what is best for the players. He’s not going to tell a kid to leave. With the new transfer rule he also has to develop and keep our three freshman recruits. Gonna be a real challenge for him. I know he was honest with Bryce about minutes but after last year we know you can’t have enough depth at the PG position. Also gives Bryce another scholarship year to earn his Masters degree. A solid decision for a student athlete and a Coach doing the right thing. As long as we see the young freshman on the floor developing for the future, good news all around.

Coach Willard will continue to do what is best for the players. He’s not going to tell a kid to leave. With the new transfer rule he also has to develop and keep our three freshman recruits. Gonna be a real challenge for him. I know he was honest with Bryce about minutes but after last year we know you can’t have enough depth at the PG position. Also gives Bryce another scholarship year to earn his Masters degree. A solid decision for a student athlete and a Coach doing the right thing. As long as we see the young freshman on the floor developing for the future, good news all around.
Agreed, knowing his history he seems to be loyal to his own detriment to guys that buy into his system. I love about him, but it does hurt him sometimes. I can see the older guys getting minutes with him saying that he has been in the trenches with them and the young guys time will come.

None the less going to be an interesting season to be the arm chair QB. I am sure we are going to have lots of opinions on here when the season starts, but I for one am going to take coaches lead and be loyal to him.

All these "problems" that we have are good problems and its nice to see the program on the rise.

Hope he is healthy and gets good minutes and end on the high note he deserves. Also, don’t discount the positives that a mature seasoned grad student can bring to a team. Let alone one with a Harvard degree. a good locker room guy you’d imagine. Can be a mentor to the younger guys.

FWIW, right now Aiken is feeling the best he has in quite some time. This news is coming from the same person who told me in September that Aiken's heath was in question and he wasn't sure how much he would offer in 2020-21.

Reactions: mbraue
I don't care who is on the roster and who gets the minutes as long as we win. The coaches get paid the big buck to make those decisions.
I am just looking forward to going to and enjoying next season. It should be a fun year.

Happy for Bryce and very happy for the team. You cannot have too many quality guards. His off the court success can only help all of his new teammates.

I don’t love the move. Would rather give PT to Richmond & Conway. Hope he is more of a coach.
I tend to agree with you and wonder how this affects Conway. He clearly won't see much action as a PG during his freshman campaign. However, Conway is a good shooter and maybe he can push Cale for minutes at the 2G.

I don't know what type of surgery he had or what his previous injuries were, but hoping a summer of hard work will have him able to complete a season. And if he finds his 3pt shot again , that would be amazing.

"He’s not going to tell a kid to leave..." Although he might gently push him out the door [Shavar], which I agree with by the way.
Wonder if come next fall, Aiken will be in the picture. Wonder if he dragged his feet last year getting his degree.

Please correct me if I’m wrong but I think we now have 5 guys looking for minutes at the point. As of 3 months ago we expected Long and Conway to be on the roster. I believe when Harris committed he made a comment about playing PG here. Then you add in Richmond. Now Aiken is back. I’m very interested in seeing how all of this shakes out.

Bryce is another mouth to feed so to speak. At best he's probably our third guard and even then it's an open question if he can be a consistent contributor.

If he's healthy he probably can be. But we already know what a huge if that is.

Do you think he has got the UCONN game already circled in his calendar? If I had meme's like that I would love to have another opportunity to redeem them.

Maybe while back next year, he can coach the rest of the team on FT shooting.

I love it that he is back, it doesn't hurt us at all, but helps us for the "2nd" unit coming in as we know if healtht he can do some real work on the floor and score in bunches, now also with less pressure/minutes he may be our MVP off the bench.....

Reactions: Piratz and Hallsome
I love it that he is back, it doesn't hurt us at all, but helps us for the "2nd" unit coming in as we know if healtht he can do some real work on the floor and score in bunches, now also with less pressure/minutes he may be our MVP off the bench.....
I don't see the downside either. An experienced guard who can play the point off the bench? Sounds good to me. LOL, that would be a nice ending for his career after what's been through. I don't see that happening, but who knows.

Reactions: halltheway
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT