ADVERTISEMENT

Coleman my X-Factor tomorrow

walshtrips

All American
Gold Member
Oct 22, 2006
Coleman's stats against Providence didn't tell the story of his value in that game. Our first half run was ignited when Coleman entered the game, as our defense kicked into high gear.

We need to smother Kolek tomorrow and Coleman has the athleticism and tenacity to wear him down. If Coleman gives us 15 to 20 quality minutes, it can be the difference maker.

GO PIRATES!!!

4 points and solid defense from Coleman along with one 3 point basket from Sanders could be the difference between winning and losing. It would also help to get a basket or 2 from EHE. He played a solid game vs Providence. If Our 2 centers play solid defense we can challenge them defensively when they shoot 3’s. All wishful thinking.

I think Coleman is the potential X factor but no way does he wear Kolek down. If we’re going to wear Kolek down it’s going to have to be on their defensive side of the ball. Kolek is very patient, smart player who doesn’t get out of control and wear himself out. If we make him spend energy guarding that’s the only way I see him playing tired

I think Coleman is the potential X factor but no way does he wear Kolek down. If we’re going to wear Kolek down it’s going to have to be on their defensive side of the ball. Kolek is very patient, smart player who doesn’t get out of control and wear himself out. If we make him spend energy guarding that’s the only way I see him playing tired
Also try denying him the ball as much as possible.

Kolek will get his --just guard the 3 point line and rebound. Hall has to hit @ 6 3s --Hall can get this one on energy -use the Providence plan and Crowd has to work hard too

Reactions: LeftCoastPirates
I think the key is going to be man to man defense in which we stay glued to perimeter shooters. The speed and athleticism of their center is also a problem.

Went back and watched the Providence game this morning. Two things struck me. One…Richmond was totally gassed at the end of the game. Well short on the FT that could have iced it, slow back on defense, a couple of turnovers that seemed more mental/tired, and shot accuracy.

Two…Davis is all out effort and seems to make a lot of important shots when we need them with a good percentage. Need to find him even more.

After being one of two players who were negative at Providence (Sanders being the other one), Coleman led the team in +/- today.
Three encouraging stats from the box score:

1-Substantial rebounding margin, and not dictated by the other team shooting lights out.

2-Minute totals reduced across the board from the starting lineup.

3-Bench making the most of the minutes with solid +/- numbers against a top ten opponen.

4 points and solid defense from Coleman along with one 3 point basket from Sanders could be the difference between winning and losing. It would also help to get a basket or 2 from EHE. He played a solid game vs Providence. If Our 2 centers play solid defense we can challenge them defensively when they shoot 3’s.
Where did you get a time machine and how much did it cost?

• Haha
Reactions: walshtrips
4 points and solid defense from Coleman along with one 3 point basket from Sanders could be the difference between winning and losing. It would also help to get a basket or 2 from EHE. He played a solid game vs Providence. If Our 2 centers play solid defense we can challenge them defensively when they shoot 3’s. All wishful thinking.
for the most part, you nailed it across the board.

Reactions: walshtrips
Coleman is a defensive machine. He turned the game around at Providence and at the Rock today. His addition to this team will pay dividends the remainder of the season.

I don't know Coleman's +/- for the last two games, but I'd guess he was one of the highest on the team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT