ADVERTISEMENT

Construction

It’s never an easy task to renovate an 80 year old basketball arena , especially within a limited budget but it looks like it will be a noticeable improvement for the sports played there .

Willard was quoted as saying the renovation cost is $8mm this week. Not sure if that is accurate.

Yes. Which means the money first goes to the practice facility.
from what i gather off minimal info, $8m is a drop in the bucket for practice facilities, and people tend to like quick wins.

not sure why men dont practice in walsh. feel like someone can figure it out

Yes. Which means the money first goes to the practice facility.

Have to take care of the other sports (especially since are played by the ladies) in the meantime. Sounds like they haven’t even finalized a plan for the practice facility. Do this job while you can before it gets more expensive. I saw how things looked before and after in Providence, and the process was similar. Good idea getting the gym stuff out of the way first. That’s what they did.

Have to take care of the other sports (especially since are played by the ladies) in the meantime. Sounds like they haven’t even finalized a plan for the practice facility. Do this job while you can before it gets more expensive. I saw how things looked before and after in Providence, and the process was similar. Good idea getting the gym stuff out of the way first. That’s what they did.
id hold off everything until the hammer comes down on big lumber (pun) and they start selling at reasonable prices again. theyre sitting on stacks!

Whenever you hear talk about construction costs whether it be for an 80 year old basketball arena or a renovation project in your own home the numbers just seem to be way higher then you would expect them to be . With construction costs high and rising I have to join those who argue that getting the practice facility started quickly is not only a priority for the program but also makes sense financially.

from what i gather off minimal info, $8m is a drop in the bucket for practice facilities, and people tend to like quick wins.

not sure why men dont practice in walsh. feel like someone can figure it out
Unfortunately, $8M is a drop in the bucket for what should have been the budget for a Walsh renovation. Unfortunately we don’t have the funds.

Reactions: SHUSA
walsh_gym_renovation_rendering2.jpg

Willard was quoted as saying the renovation cost is $8mm this week. Not sure if that is accurate.
Probably more in the $5-7M range

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT