ADVERTISEMENT

COVID-19 Testing

Politicians pushing non-stop testing just keeps the casedemic going. If healthy people stop getting tested, the hysteria over "cases" will stop. There is no context to reported "cases" -- nothing about age or status of those who contacted it -- that's the way the politicians want it. Keep people scared and controlled.

I keep saying this in hopes that people will finally understand: The only number that matters is hospitalizations relative to capacity to treat. Nothing else.

Politicians pushing non-stop testing just keeps the casedemic going. If healthy people stop getting tested, the hysteria over "cases" will stop. There is no context to reported "cases" -- nothing about age or status of those who contacted it -- that's the way the politicians want it. Keep people scared and controlled.

I keep saying this in hopes that people will finally understand: The only number that matters is hospitalizations relative to capacity to treat. Nothing else.
Correct. The hysteria over case numbers is all about scaring the public. Do we report daily how many people have the flu each year? Do we report daily how many people have been diagnosed with cancer, coronary heart disease or diabetes type two? All much more deadly than Covid.

The most important predictor for testing is to maintain hospital capacity. That’s it.

Well, I agree with you in a sense. But you are ignoring the correlation between increased cases and increased hospitalizations. The testing is to prevent people who do not know they are infected from going around and spreading and infecting others. The more people who are infected, the more the spread resulting in higher hospitalizations. Well, buckle up. Unfortunately, Hospitalizations are rising rapidly in NJ already and we are not even in November yet.

I don't get why you are against testing.

The point is to identify cases before people are spreading it. If an infected person is walking around before they have any symptoms, they are spreading it to others. The point is to limit the amount of time they would be doing so. Contract trace from there so the people they have been in contact with can also get tested etc..

We need more testing with rapid results. Less testing only prolongs this.

No, more testing prolongs it because the media and politicians keep ramming "cases" down our throats. It's a big scary number so it plays well with people who don't know any better.

I don't get why you are against testing.

The point is to identify cases before people are spreading it. If an infected person is walking around before they have any symptoms, they are spreading it to others. The point is to limit the amount of time they would be doing so. Contract trace from there so the people they have been in contact with can also get tested etc..

We need more testing with rapid results. Less testing only prolongs this.
Testing is now something any private or public sector place of employment will seek to continue to have as a buffer towards liability and once a proven vaccine is available a lot of places will force it upon their people

I’m not against more testing. I’m against the numbers being used to scare people.

Reactions: Hallsome
I’m not against more testing. I’m against the numbers being used to scare people.

Not sure who is trying to scare people. Whenever I have seen cases reported, I usually also see the added context of the positivity rate.

Not sure who is trying to scare people. Whenever I have seen cases reported, I usually also see the added context of the positivity rate.
Do you watch the MSM news? They tout that number EVERY night along with the usual ominous headlines. Too funny.

Reactions: shu09

Where? That is NEVER mentioned by any news outlet.

Reactions: HALL85
Do you watch the MSM news?

No, I don't.

They tout that number EVERY night along with the usual ominous headlines. Too funny.

Fair enough. I'll take your word for it.
I certainly saw a lot of reporting on the number of cases in the beginning which left that out. The reporting seemed to be getting better as I usually saw the increase discussed with the context of the positivity rate. Maybe not as much recently because the positive rate is increasing after a couple months of decline?

No, I don't.

Fair enough. I'll take your word for it.
I certainly saw a lot of reporting on the number of cases in the beginning which left that out. The reporting seemed to be getting better as I usually saw the increase discussed with the context of the positivity rate. Maybe not as much recently because the positive rate is increasing after a couple months of decline?
You don’t watch CBS, NBC or ABC?

Last edited:
dont remember the flu taking out entire nursing homes in one sweep tho, so maybe its not entirely comparable to the flu. we need tests to stop transmission.

for instance, if you get any medical procedure done you need a test. why? because they want to collect more scary numbers? no. because its helpful in lowering the risk and impact of future chain deaths among vulnerable population? ay bingo.

dont remember the flu taking out entire nursing homes in one sweep tho, so maybe its not entirely comparable to the flu. we need tests to stop transmission.

It's a novel virus, many humans have little to no existing immunity against it. Of course it is going to take out a bunch of vulnerable people the first time it moves through, as any new virus with any kind of potency would.

It's a novel virus, many humans have little to no existing immunity against it. Of course it is going to take out a bunch of vulnerable people the first time it moves through, as any new virus with any kind of potency would.
so you treat it differently than one thats been around for a thousand years

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT