ADVERTISEMENT

Delgado gone?

I was skeptical he could make it in the NBA even after another year in the Big East. As it stands now, he's looking at a career overseas... which is a fine way to make a living, too, but I'm surprised he's not giving the NBA dream a better shot.

I was skeptical he could make it in the NBA even after another year in the Big East. As it stands now, he's looking at a career overseas... which is a fine way to make a living, too, but I'm surprised he's not giving the NBA dream a better shot.

I mean he's extremely unathletic and can't jump. He's not particularly strong. He does have a knack for rebounding but his best year would be his senior year in college. Guys like him are everywhere at that level. And they can actually dunk.

Not to disparage him, but I really don't see him translating to any pro game. He's a classic case of big fish small pond in college. I'm not confident he prospers iverseas.

He's letting the wrong head make his decision. Very stupid on his part if he's letting his gf influence him like this.

He threw away legendary college glory to play in a hopefully European league. If he ends up lower on the totem pole then he really screwed up. Angel, wish you the best, but this is not the best choice for your future. You could have in your old age always said that you were the Big East POY.

That's bullshit and you know it. Let's not get down on the kid all of a sudden.

He'll make 6 figures overseas. Not like winning the lottery, but not like living in poverty.

Wish him well, it was a fun 3 years and the next could have been special. Anything else is just sour grapes and shows your true nature.

Nobody is down on him. Everyone wishes him luck but they think it's a bad decision
Extremely unathletic? Not particularly strong? That's not insulting? And no, it's not true. You don't lead the nation in rebounds being EXTREMELY unathletic and not particularly strong.

He may not be an NBA player, but not everyone is and he will have a fine career.

Reactions: BabyBlue
"We don't know what it's like to be really really poor. To a lot of these kids a few hundred thousand dollars is all the money in the world-and a way out."

Danny Calandrillo- Long Branch Phi Kaps Alumni Lunch-April 28

Reactions: HallLine69
Extremely unathletic? Not particularly strong? That's not insulting? And no, it's not true. You don't lead the nation in rebounds being EXTREMELY unathletic and not particularly strong.

He may not be an NBA player, but not everyone is and he will have a fine career.

Yes let's keep it classy here hall fans. He gave everything he had for three years and now we should support and wish him well for his pro career.

While we might not all agree on Delgado's decision I want to thank Angel,
Watching you as a Seton Hall Pirate for three years turned you into my favorite athlete, and that's saying a lot considering you're only in college. You are a special athlete. In today's world of athletes and their egos you remained a humble monster, leading the NCAA in rebounds and dominating every game but constantly playing with a smile on your face. I wish you the best of luck on your decision to leave college a year early and pursue your NBA dreams. You are a great role model, and one of the greatest reflections of what it means to be a Seton Hall Pirate. Gonna miss you rocking the blue and white Angel thank you.

Reactions: Bill D
Do we have final confirmation? Official not tweeted, signed with an agent confirmation?

It is difficult to comprehend his decision considering he is not going to be drafted into the NBA most likely and will have to go over seas? But can any of you take a moment are realize he is a college kid, who may be making a decision that will support his family back home who may be having major financial difficulties? Maybe Angel is just making the best decision to benefit his family economically right now, and to me that shows what a mature young individual he is.

I too think it is a poor decision on his part, but that being said, now that it has been made, I wish him nothing but the very best with it going forward. While this obviously puts a damper on our upcoming season prospects, it is not in an of itself devastating. There still remains major both old and new talent on the team. (It looks like Gill will probably be not red shirting after all.) I still very much think we can be an upper tier Big East and then an NCAA team. Our ship has far from sunk! GO PIRATES!

It's his life. Hope he is doing what's best for him.

Certainly changes the outlook to a large degree for our team this year. Can we just have one year when all the pieces are in place?

This is beyond sad. Angel should have taken the combine snub as a sign to come back, have an unbelievable senior season, get his degree (wasn't his mom supposed to be a big fan of Angel getting his degree?) and maybe, just maybe, sneak into next year's draft. I wish him nothing but the best but he's really leaving us in a bad spot. I can't imagine who he is listening too because it does not seem that they have Angel's best interest at heart. It just blows my mind. I really feel bad for Desi, Deeno and Ish because their senior season just took a major hit. Oh, and whatever slim chance anyone thought we had at Duval is totally out the window without Angel.

Hopefully one day Angel will return and finish his degree. Good luck big guy!

and we have no backup plan....had he given us some notifcation sooner, we could have possibily grabbed a transfer

We did grab a transfer from junior college in Gill but the general consensus is that he should be red- shirted as he's not ready for BE play .

For the second year in a row we lose arguably our best player and have no one ready to fill that void. Angel leaving should have not come as a surprise as that possibility was always out there and grabbing an eligible transfer who could give you quality minutes and soften the loss of what Angel could give you should have been a focus of our recruiting.

Here's what we have to fill the PF and Center position. Ish and Nzei both of which are more suited to the PF position then at center. Then you have the two incoming freshman in Sandro who will see more minutes then predicted and Brodie who is a work in progress and not ready for BE play. Finally you have Gill a JUCO who was predicted to have a redshirt year as he's also not ready for BE play. Angel leaving turns what was a high quality front court with good depth to one that's average at best .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT