ADVERTISEMENT

Delgado

28 pts 15rbs 6asts. Plus the game winning offensive rebound. The offense is best when it runs through Angel.
Agreed. Hopefully we see more of getting the ball to Angel quickly after crossing half court. However the coaches in the league are not dumb, they will deny him the ball, we need to have a game plan to attack that when it happens.

Reactions: halltheway
I thought Angel was a lot more active than usual rolling towards the basket after picks and Khadeen got him the ball.

Also thought Khadeen moved well without the ball to create better spacing and passing lanes which allowed Angel to make an easy pass out of the post for an open 3 with Deeno’s momentum moving into the shot. He’s a much better shooter stepping into the shot than shooting it flat-footed.

The above 2 subtle changes were a result of good coaching and execution. Willard’s teams usually look much more coehesive after a week’s worth of practice.

28 pts 15rbs 6asts. Plus the game winning offensive rebound. The offense is best when it runs through Angel.
The offense is best running through Angel when he is composed and playing team ball. If he gets too emotional and trys to force it, we struggle (i.e. Rutgers).

Angel has had some amazing performances through the years but I think this was the best game of his career. He did it all and his defense didn’t hurt us either.

Points, Rebounds, Assist, Efficiency, hit his FTs. Only 2 TOs on questionable foul calls. And he played 39 of 40 minutes. His assists were HUGE assists too.....most of them went for 3-pointers! He was amazing - can’t play much better.

The stat that has me smiling is 10 of 12 from the line. If Ángel can continue to make his FTs we will be awfully hard to beat.
Amazing stat. If he can continue even at a 70% pace that will be a game changer later in the season. He was the MAN today!

Reactions: GSD118
I cringe when I think where this team would be had he chosen to leave after last season. He did it all yesterday.

He's really developed into quite the player. He sets up the defender for both scoring and passing.

Pretty basketball when the ball goes inside then out with shooters' feet set.

Absolute beast mode for angel. Tough for teams to plan whether rob double him or not. He gets such an early read on what too do. Maybe the best passing big man in quite awhile. Hats off to angel and the staff for developing this part of the game into a core strength. Scary thing is their is more upside to his game for him to get even better.

The thing I really like about Angel is that now when he wears his emotions on his sleeve, he smiles it off. There were a couple of plays that in the past he would have beaten either himself up or gotten upset about it and complained and now he just has that fantastic grin on. It must drive other teams crazy. I love it. Even after he got hit in the eye yesterday, he rubbed it off then after going down to wait for the Butler FT’s he went down the floor and made a great play out to Desi.

At the end when he didn't like the 4th foul called on him for an instant he looked like he was going to slam the ball to the court. If he did that would have been a T and his 5th foul.

My heart was in my stomach for about 3 seconds until he calmed down.

At the end when he didn't like the 4th foul called on him for an instant he looked like he was going to slam the ball to the court. If he did that would have been a T and his 5th foul.

I had the same thought and reaction. Thankfully he has matured greatly.

Reactions: Halldan1
Plus his bounds have come against decent to very good competition.

We all know who Georgetown played in their OOC schedule.

Reactions: shupat08
If his assist average goes up, then his rebounding average almost has to drop, since those passes are winding up in the basket.

He also lost a lot of defensive rebounds yesterday because Butler shot so well from the line.

Reactions: Piratz and shupat08

It was amazing to see him almost slamming the ball on the court in frustration turn into that beautiful beautiful smile. He has become a man in 4 short years. BTW that was a really bad call.

same here...those 3 seconds felt like an eternity!

I thought Angel was a lot more active than usual rolling towards the basket after picks and Khadeen got him the ball.

Also thought Khadeen moved well without the ball to create better spacing and passing lanes which allowed Angel to make an easy pass out of the post for an open 3 with Deeno’s momentum moving into the shot. He’s a much better shooter stepping into the shot than shooting it flat-footed.

The above 2 subtle changes were a result of good coaching and execution. Willard’s teams usually look much more coehesive after a week’s worth of practice.
The spacing and offensive was much more cohesive. There was less aimless dribbling, sharper passes and great shooting. Overall, much better offensive efficiency. It was a beautiful thing to watch. Willard said he put some more offensive sets in for Powell - will be nice to see in the next game. Since he had the flu, they didn’t have time to implement much of it against Butler.

It was amazing to see him almost slamming the ball on the court in frustration turn into that beautiful beautiful smile. He has become a man in 4 short years. BTW that was a really bad call.
Even the announcers said in around about way..it was a bad call.

A forgotten part of Delgado’s performance on Saturday was that big-time charge that he took during the comeback.

Reactions: Section112
Actually I think he played his best defensive game of the year. Only a few times did we not handle the pick and roll well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT