ADVERTISEMENT

Dennis Rodman’s son, DJ Rodman, transferring to USC after Bronny James commitment

Halldan1

Jan 1, 2003
SHU was very involved in trying to get a commitment from Rodman

By Justin Tasch

USC has added another basketball scion to its men’s team.

Three days after LeBron James’ son Bronny committed to the Trojans, DJ Rodman, the son of Hall of Famer Dennis Rodman, announced on Instagram Tuesday that he is transferring from Washington State to USC.

“All these ups and downs, lefts and rights led me to Fight On,” Rodman wrote along with an edited photo of him in a USC jersey.

Rodman, a 6-foot-6 forward who will be a fifth-year senior, started 30 games for Washington State, averaging 9.6 points and 5.8 rebounds in 31.5 minutes per game.

In addition to Rodman and James, USC landed guard Isaiah Collier, the No. 1 ranked prospect from the class of 2023, and center Arrinten Page, ranked No. 38 in the class by ESPN.

Bronny James revealed on Saturday he committed to USC after a long recruiting process.

His dad was ecstatic about the decision Saturday night, calling it “one of the best days of my life” after the Lakers’ Game 3 win over the Warriors.

“I’m super proud of him. Our family is proud of him,” LeBron told Spectrum SportsNet. “For me personally, it’s even more special to me because it’s the first time someone out of my family is going to college. Obviously, I didn’t go to college either. So it’s just a proud moment to see my son going to college. He’s the first one going to college in my family. Super duper proud, super emotional, super duper excited and happy for his journey, and today was a proud day.

I couldn’t lose today. No matter the outcome of this game, I couldn’t lose today personally. But I’ll take this cherry on top with this dub, though.”

Dennis Rodman won five NBA championships, including three straight with the Bulls dynasty of the ’90s.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT