ADVERTISEMENT

DI Men’s NCAA Soccer Bracket Update

Nice deal for Georgetown. They could get to the FF without playing a ranked team.

Same with Wake.

Reactions: TrueBlue1989
If that happened you would for the second year in a row have a Big East team playing for the title.

If that happened you would for the second year in a row have a Big East team playing for the title.
Nothing wrong with that! Hoping like hell another Big East team wins the whole thing! Just hoping this year it’s a different Big East team than last year!

Upon closer examination of the above tweet, yes.

It's so small that it looked like the top bracket played each other, as did the bottom one.

Surprised only one west coast team left.

Frustrating that there's not more buzz about this considering world's most popular sport and all. Are the tourney results even a ticker item on espn?

Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam
Haven't seen them on ESPN or Fox. But I really wasn't looking that hard.

Frustrating that there's not more buzz about this considering world's most popular sport and all. Are the tourney results even a ticker item on espn?
Unfortunately college soccer just isn't to MLS (much less European Leagues) what college hoops is to the NBA or college football is to the NFL. While MLS does have a college draft, even many first round picks don't stick and it's not considered a vital piece to building their teams. The most extreme example of MLS clubs not highly regarding the draft is Philadelphia, who trades away all their picks pretty much every year.

You have to ask yourself an honest question: If SHU wasn’t involved, would you care?

That’s okay though... there are a lot of sports I don’t follow if my team is not involved.

You have to ask yourself an honest question: If SHU wasn’t involved, would you care?

That’s okay though... there are a lot of sports I don’t follow if my team is not involved.
I definitely follow for Seton Hall but I’d also follow for other Big East teams involved.

Interesting contrast between Indiana and Seton Hall. IU has only one foreign player on its roster while SH‘s roster is made up of a majority of foreign players .

I was shocked to hear GU was such a power. If I ever heard they won an NC before we played them, I dont remember.

This is just a fantastic run. They win games in the most dramatic fashion. I guess a question we can start to ask is whether any of the current players will play on the next level at some point? Many Europeans mixed in with a few Americans on the roster. Any MLS or European League talent?. I would think anyone playing on a country's National team would be a stretch.

SHU should be a ranked top 20 team going into next season with everyone returning. Is it possible to play an elite OOC game at home with a nice sized crowd in the Fall? Something the coach and Bryan Felt may want to look in to.

Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam
As a total novice, seems to me that while the offense has kept control of the ball, our D is not as tight as the D our guys face and the other team gets a higher percentage of decent opportunites per possesion in the offensive zone than we do. Is that just the style of defense we play, or a total misreading of what I am seeing? Or just an oddity over these 2 games that evens out over time?

Also, is it typical that so many shots are 15 feet over the net? I feel like I am asking basketball fans why doesnt the guy just run with the ball, why does he bounce it...

Clemson and Stanford know the pitfalls of playing unranked teams.
I believe you guys mean unseeded teams. The most recent United Soccer Coaches poll has Marshall ranked #10 and North Carolina #16. That suggests both actually would have been seeded in a normal (non-Covid) year. In normal years, the bracket consists of 48 teams, 16 of which are seeded and get a first round bye. So yes, to your point, there are many dangerous unseeded teams that normally would have a number next to their name right now.

For what it's worth Va Tech was the first team out of the poll, effectively #26.

Reactions: lloyde dobler
This is just a fantastic run. They win games in the most dramatic fashion. I guess a question we can start to ask is whether any of the current players will play on the next level at some point? Many Europeans mixed in with a few Americans on the roster. Any MLS or European League talent?. I would think anyone playing on a country's National team would be a stretch.

SHU should be a ranked top 20 team going into next season with everyone returning. Is it possible to play an elite OOC game at home with a nice sized crowd in the Fall? Something the coach and Bryan Felt may want to look in to.
In this new era of free agency you can never count on players returning but with SH’s national ranking and it’s performance in the National Championship to date its a program on the move and that should not only be a factor in having players return but in attracting high quality newcomers to the program.

In this new era of free agency you can never count on players returning but with SH’s national ranking and it’s performance in the National Championship to date its a program on the move and that should not only be a factor in having players return but in attracting high quality newcomers to the program.

Free agency isn’t a new thing in soccer. The rule for soccer has always been one free transfer. His original roster in year one was full of transfers who came that way. The European guys on the team would be in the pro system back home if they were super talented, but they’ve obviously clicked on finding the right ones willing to come to the USA for the experience and American education. The big thing this run has done is that when the staff shows up at any major Academy or showcase event, suddenly people will take major notice when they see the guys in the Seton Hall gear.

Free agency isn’t a new thing in soccer. The rule for soccer has always been one free transfer. His original roster in year one was full of transfers who came that way. The European guys on the team would be in the pro system back home if they were super talented, but they’ve obviously clicked on finding the right ones willing to come to the USA for the experience and American education. The big thing this run has done is that when the staff shows up at any major Academy or showcase event, suddenly people will take major notice when they see the guys in the Seton Hall gear.
We’ve gotta take care of Coach! No way we can let him leave!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT