ADVERTISEMENT

Dimingus Stevens to Florida A&M

I’m glad he went down a few levels. Could do well down there. Heard he “attitude problems” since his aau and high school days. Could be a reason he was in Willard’s doghouse.

I’m glad he went down a few levels. Could do well down there. Heard he “attitude problems” since his aau and high school days. Could be a reason he was in Willard’s doghouse.
Please stop with the doghouse comments.

Not every player who doesn't get minutes is in the doghouse. Some are just not good enough to earn those minutes.

Ming...we hardly knew ya! Even though the kid got virtually no PT have to say he always looked engaged and full of enthusiasm on the sidelines. Tallahassee isn't the worst of places to spend the winter. Best of luck!

Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam
Please stop with the doghouse comments.

Not every player who doesn't get minutes is in the doghouse. Some are just not good enough to earn those minutes.

I have a lot more pull than your average reader. Remember when Creighton beat us by 40 and the walk on played but he didn’t. Telling.

I have a lot more pull than your average reader. Remember when Creighton beat us by 40 and the walk on played but he didn’t. Telling.
Easy fella. I mean I’m sure you have K-Dub on speed dial but you would be surprised who posts here.

and yes, I do know your connection.

Wish him well. Seems like an unusual destination for one of our players.

"Not true at all , was a great teammate just wasn’t the right level for him."

If so, who does this fall on?

Surprising after a year the conclusion is he can’t play at this level, given the discussion when we landed him.

Reactions: MBF72
So based on one instance in an entire season you draw the conclusion that the player was in the dog house. Maybe he wasn't feeling well. Maybe he missed a class. Maybe he was injured. Maybe those precious seconds were given to the walkon as a reward for practicing hard.

I have inside info as well. And Ming was simply not ready physically to play at this level from the moment he walked on campus.

If you want put that on the player. But coaches dog house? He was given every chance to work himself into the rotation. He did not and that skill level, or lack thereof is evident by the schools involved in his transfer.

did people really not see this kid wasnt going to impact the team? when your highlight tapes are void of you being able to dribble youre not meant for the big east.

Have to say what does willard expect out of bringing in a wing who was supposed to be a shooter. Was this to help skinn down the road?

Another soffer

So based on one instance in an entire season you draw the conclusion that the player was in the dog house. Maybe he wasn't feeling well. Maybe he missed a class. Maybe he was injured. Maybe those precious seconds were given to the walkon as a reward for practicing hard.

I have inside info as well. And Ming was simply not ready physically to play at this level from the moment he walked on campus.

If you want put that on the player. But coaches dog house? He was given every chance to work himself into the rotation. He did not and that skill level, or lack thereof is evident by the schools involved in his transfer.
Well said.........lol

Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam
That the destinations for our three transferees out were JMU, Monmouth and Florida A&M helps explain the kind of year we had.

I had the same thought reading this news. I wish them all well at their next schools, they all seemed like wonderful people and good teammates, but it was telling that every player who has left here transferred down, not even any lateral moves. Shavar at Monmouth is the best one. As disappointing as the year was, the further in the rear view mirror it is, it might look like we were lucky to even get to 14 wins. Yes we could have had more, but imagine Without Mamu and without Shavar giving all he had in the tank in a position he had no business being put into, we might have been DePaul level bad. With the exception of Mamu, the players coming in look on paper like they’re better than the ones leaving, so we’re hopefully trending up again. Good luck to all of them!

A player transferring "down" is exactly what I would expect. Where do you expect kids who are not starters at SHU to end up? Hope Shav, Tak and Ming kill it at their new stops, and I hope I can get prof ed to meet me at Monmouth one night to watch Shav, then maybe over to Max's for a great hot dog...

Tak and Shav gave us all they had, and while Mong didnt get much play, it was obvous he was a very engaged teammate.

I hope, and expect, Jahari to improve.
I'm reminded of the year we brought in Sean Grenan and Freddie from New Haven.

Ming dynasty to the sunshine state.Good luck Ming be on the lookout for Flash Gordon.

There's only one hot dog and it goes by the name Sabrett if you're talking edibles. If you're talking players - too many to list.

Wishing you all the best and thanks for being part of our S.H. basketball family.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT