ADVERTISEMENT

Division II kid shredding UK

This game is why people watch the tournament. When the Big Ten and SEC break this up (cause they can't win it anymore :) ), this will become something very few watch. Eventually the pool of sponsors willing to pay good money to be part of it will dry up

Reactions: VioletPirate
Kentucky is 1-4 in their last 4 NCAA Tournaments, with the only win coming last year before they lost to Kansas State in the 2nd Round. Big win for Oakland, loved it!

Reactions: Jerry1992
Cal has a lifetime contract 8 to 9 mil a year though i am sure base is less...i mean could you make him an ambassador?

When I bring up the need for shooting on this team i’m always told “yeah but NIL”.
3-4 D2 transfers I know of playing today, probably more tomorrow. One put up 30 points on Kentucky. Shu needs to find some of these kids if even for bench roles

I’d be shocked if Calipari returns to Kentucky to next year. That said, would he sit out a year or two and take over at Villanova ?

Would shock the CBB world but thinking about a good fit for Calipari…Louisville comes to mind. Program has been a hot mess and could use a known name, he could land at a big time program and obviously stick it to UK by winning there. Don’t love his fit at Nova

Would shock the CBB world but thinking about a good fit for Calipari…Louisville comes to mind. Program has been a hot mess and could use a known name, he could land at a big time program and obviously stick it to UK by winning there. Don’t love his fit at Nova
That’s an interesting one…and LU could stick it to UK too!

That’s an interesting one…and LU could stick it to UK too!

The UK boards are going insane. No way he comes back.

I’ve seen Musselman and Dusty May mentioned for the Louisville job. Would be curious to see who takes the Kentucky job, I would look at Sampson & Pearl since baggage is pretty irrelevant in the NIL era.

Kentucky may need to have a long talk about Cal.
With the portal taking one and dones has lost a lot of its glitter. Freshmen matched up against experienced 3-4 year players is clearly not working.

Supplementing your roster with one and dones might work. But having them dominate your squad will now only get you so far.

With the portal taking one and dones has lost a lot of its glitter. Freshmen matched up against experienced 3-4 year players is clearly not working.

Supplementing your roster with one and dones might work. But having them dominate your squad will now only get you so far.
Jay talked a lot about that last night.

And IMO, Cal game a very classy interview after the game.

Reactions: Bobbie Solo
You show up at a court. You see some kid you dont know shooting around. The other team picks him and he torches you. In my memory, that kid looks like the kid from Oakland...who was that man??

Gotta admit, NIL and the future of college hoops, us not getting in, had me very unenthusiastic about this year's tourney. Didnt bother with any brackets, and this year with only three BE teams in I had a chance to do well (no matter how I try I have most of us in the Sweet 16...).

But the Oakland win, the post game hearing their coach and star's interview, that jumpstarted me again. Reminded me of coming home from work years ago and my grammar school son enthusiastically telling me about that awesome play Homer Drew drew up for that last second shot. Reminded me of the one time my wife came down stairs and asked me for a score - "Did St Peters win again?"

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT