ADVERTISEMENT

Easy fix for NIL

walshtrips

All American
Gold Member
Oct 22, 2006
Started a thread a while back, asking if anyone knew how many season ticket holders we had in 2021/22. Being a season ticket holder, I pay/donate $460 per ticket to Pirate Blue - I assume that all season ticket holders make a contribution. The reason for my question was to figure out how much Pirate Blue makes from season ticket donations. Let's say the Hall has 2,500 season ticket holders, at an average of $400 per ticket Pirate Blue is collecting $1,000,000 from ticket sales. I would guess the actual number is somewhat higher.

Going forward, Pirate Blue should focus all of their work on NIL for our athletes. Rules, however, prevent a SHU affiliated organization from supporting NIL. Perhaps season ticket holders should be directed to donate to a non-affiliated organization specifically to support NIL for SHU athletes.

I've spoken with Eric and he mentioned that $1,000,000 a year would put SHU in a very favorable position with recruits. The powers that be need to figure out how to make this work. The money is there and doesn't require soliciting donations from fans or alumni, the season ticket holders can fill the pot with nothing more than they currently contribute. No need to reinvent the wheel, NIL has to be the number one priority and a different iteration of Pirate Blue would be a logical answer.

Reactions: Aross1995
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News