ADVERTISEMENT

Eligibility

Pirates1991

Senior
Jan 17, 2018
Coach made reference to the challenge of ensuring that players are eligible when they transfer into the school which I find shocking. First how can a player be eligible at one school but not at another? And secondly, hearing that one of our transfer players is dealing with this exact issue.

This could be bad news if true as all of our incoming transfers appear important to our success.

Reactions: Piratz
Coach made reference to the challenge of ensuring that players are eligible when they transfer into the school which I find shocking. First how can a player be eligible at one school but not at another? And secondly, hearing that one of our transfer players is dealing with this exact issue.

I believe it depends on what classes and grades are actually transferable. If I take a cooking class at Alaska A&M and get an A, what happens if I transfer to Seton Hall and they don't have a similar class. Put enough of those classes in the mix and theoretically, I'm no longer in good academic standing.

I'm pretty sure that was the challenge Kevin was referring to when he made that statement.

If this is a challenge, the best case scenario is it’s simply a matter of credit transfers as TheHall87 pointed out.

The worst case scenario is guys were still playing but their grades were nosediving and bombed by end of the academic year after basketball ended.

I heard the comment and was surprised he made it. Probably felt comfortable with the crowd.

Maybe there is an issue with a player. Maybe dealing with kids transferring and getting immediate eligibility is a new issue for the stafs to deal with and a PITA. I am not jumping to conclusions based on some words spoken off the cuff. Que sera. As long as I am in The Rock watching the team, that will make it a good winter for me.

Lots of “ if’s ” and guesses about what was behind coach’s comments but let’s wait to hear from the athletic department whether there really is an issue , what it is and who the player or players are.

Lots of “ if’s ” and guesses about what was behind coach’s comments but let’s wait to hear from the athletic department whether there really is an issue , what it is and who the player or players are.

Fair comment, but if we waited for the athletic department to issue statements on everything this board would be pretty quiet, no? Names aren't being mentioned and nothing offensive is being said, so what's the issue?

Remember the debacle at St. Bonaventure several years ago.
Eligibility was often an iffy issue during the Gonzalez years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT