ADVERTISEMENT

Emmanuel Okorafor Commits

Not a head scratcher when you see what the other big men are asking for and getting around college. Probably figured better to take a gamble on someone cheap and try to coach them up rather than overpay for a mediocre guy.
Talented, but raw Nigerian player who looks like he has a lot of upside. Has not had the benefit (or disadvantage) of being in the circus of AAU ball here. We did well with Ike and Mike. I trust Sha and the coaches on this one.

The Nigerian Freak! Welcome to the Seton Hall family! Excited you made the choice to be a Pirate. Can’t wait to see the energy you will bring to next year’s team. Work hard! There’s a lot of talent around you and a coaching staff that knows what it takes to be successful. Good luck! There is a plan for you!

Welcome Emmanuel Okorafor to the Seton Hall Family. Your in good hands with Coach Sha and Staff.

Reactions: NYC Pirate
I like it. Looks athletic and active. Averaged 1.4 blocks in 15 min his freshman year. I think Sha will coach him up well. If this is what our C depth chart will be I think he will compete with Gus for the starting spot like we saw Bediako and Everett did last season

Before we get disappointed, just remember Bediako and Everett were not big name players or put up big numbers coming into last season. Give Sha a chance to coach these guys and get them ready for BE play

Looks like a depth piece with athletic ability and some upside. Assuming Wusu is back that leaves the starting center as the only piece left.

Last year the roster was top heavy totally reliant on the five senior starters. This roster doesn’t have the same starter experience but it looks like we will see a 9 man rotation with more bench balance.

Does Sha go with a traditional center or a collection of PF’s?

4/5 right now is Prince, Gus, Okorafor, Tubek, Godswill and Mbawe. Essentially 5 guys (Mbawe limited minutes) 80 minutes. That group is really light on experience.

Here is some interesting commentary from a big Louisville fan. Also has some nice footage from an international tourney against tough competition.

Reactions: walshtrips and PF58
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT