ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN+ NBA mock draft:

He has a lot going for him. Although he’s a senior he’s young (he’s about 9 months older than Tyrese Samuel). His skillset is very compatible to today’s nba.

Reactions: buckfoston824
Interesting tweets from Isaiah. I feel like a bunch of our guys from recent years were good enough to make an NBA roster, from what I watch of 2nd-team NBA players. You could do the "how is this guy here, and that guy is in the NBA?" all day.

Interesting tweets from Isaiah. I feel like a bunch of our guys from recent years were good enough to make an NBA roster, from what I watch of 2nd-team NBA players. You could do the "how is this guy here, and that guy is in the NBA?" all day.

what does this allude to? he had decent opportunity, but the relationship is weird.

and hes right, hes better than a lot of nba stiffs but they like tall guys that can hit 3s

What he says is true about anything in life. Sometimes talent always carries the day. Sometimes talent is similar to others but for whatever reason it works out better. Obstacles differ, but the NBA is a bottom line business and plenty of guys have forced their way into the league despite being passed on many many times. Whitehead would be best remembering that and continuing to grind - don’t worry about Twitter.

I can’t help but wonder if the Seton Hall players we believe have NBA talent but are playing overseas wouldn’t have had a better chance to be drafted had they made it to the Sweet Sixteen or Elite Eight. If they had, playing against the more talented teams and players would have given them a bigger stage to prove they belong in NBA.

This is exactly why I said he should have stayed the extra year. NBA teams have little loyalty to 2nd round picks let alone UFA's. GM's don't like to miss on 1st rounders. They are given every possible opportunity to make it.

what it fails to recognize is that the guys hes speaking of are chewed out every month. so while there are many players better than ones in the nba every week, those players are also gone soon enough. its just a constant influx of talent hoping one sticks. The last 3 or so spots on an NBA roster are reserved for guys that are only on the team for a few months.

what does this allude to? he had decent opportunity, but the relationship is weird.

and hes right, hes better than a lot of nba stiffs but they like tall guys that can hit 3s
He needed another year of maturity.

I had a teacher I remember who put it very well.... He was speaking about working in the creative field, but it holds true for athletics, too:

You could do everything right, and still not "make it big." And the person sitting next to you might do a bunch of stuff wrong, but end up getting lucky. Your only path to sanity is to accept that at some point it's a crap shoot, and derive fulfillment out of process, not the result.

Last edited:
I had a teacher I remember who put it very well.... He was speaking about working in the creative field, but it holds true for athletics, too:

You could do everything right, and still not "make it big." And the person sitting next to you might do a bunch of stuff wrong and, but end up getting lucky. Your only path to sanity is to accept that at some point it's a crap shoot, and derive fulfillment out of process, not the result.
Good observation. In the book about 15 years ago about black and white swan events, the author talks about why so many people gravitate to LA to be waiters and waitresses a stay for years trying to land film and TV roles. The odds are astronomical against them but the possible rewards are so huge that they stick it out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT