ADVERTISEMENT

Fanta on Seton Hall NIL Position

Robot_Man

Senior
Gold Member
Feb 6, 2020

Very insightful info from John, who I imagine is as plugged in as one can be on Seton Hall basketball.

Reactions: TrueBlue1989
Seton Hall’s heavy hitting donors made a late push to assist with finalizing the roster this week, source says, and the package put together for Dual was good. Hall’s NIL chest more than tripled from this point last year. There’s a lot to this (some donors committed major $ to practice facility just as NIL became a thing causing a conundrum) but the point is the purse ended up in a significantly more respectable place. Back half of Big East? Yes. But on par/in that area to compete? Absolutely now. This lazy notion that there’s nothing to spend is outlandish, especially when now looking at the finalized roster.

Just proves McBride’s interview may have been somewhat disappointing but the results of the work are showing up. Still don’t think he’ll have much to give in an interview but Dan’s insights have to come from somewhere!! Thanks to all for putting this squad together!!!

Clearly improved. It’s an endless pursuit though, year over year start from scratch.

This year’s roster reflects it too, top to bottom, at least on paper in there is more contributors IMO. Will it perform better than last year’s top heavy group? Good ROI (lol)?

Looking forward to finding out.

Maybe now people will believe Mike Walsh and myself when we noted we are getting close to being on par or slowly below many of our peers with better days to come.

Excellent job by the two Mikes.
The future of SHU NIL $$$ is looking good with the new 50 million practice facility roughly a year away from completion.

Thank you to the two Mikes and also other alumni that helped with NIL $$$, new practice facility and related SHU men's basketball.

When you sit back and look at the dollars and resources thrown at D1 athletics it’s really mind blowing. Just an observation.
There is SOOOO much money available it’s astounding.

Seton Hall’s heavy hitting donors made a late push to assist with finalizing the roster this week, source says, and the package put together for Dual was good. Hall’s NIL chest more than tripled from this point last year. There’s a lot to this (some donors committed major $ to practice facility just as NIL became a thing causing a conundrum) but the point is the purse ended up in a significantly more respectable place. Back half of Big East? Yes. But on par/in that area to compete? Absolutely now. This lazy notion that there’s nothing to spend is outlandish, especially when now looking at the finalized roster.
It sucks that scrambling around to compensate players is what has become of college basketball. On the other hand it's good that Seton Hall is finding ways to compete.

Maybe now people will believe Mike Walsh and myself when we noted we are getting close to being on par or slowly below many of our peers with better days to come.

Excellent job by the two Mikes.
Things are much improved this season than last. Despite the huge gains made by Onward Setonia, it's my belief that there are opportunities that have yet to be tapped. Progress is measured in recruiting success, and I've no doubt that Sha will have his deepest team come November.

We are where we are due to the hard work of McBride, Frungillo, Dan and others. We owe our success to our supporters large and small.

The most cost effective way to support NIL is with a subscription, subscriptions offer a very high passthrough as the overhead is minimal. If you haven't subscribed, please consider a subscription in the coming months:

Thanks for your support!

GO PIRATES!!!

July 1 I will be signing up for a Guardian subscription to help the cause and to help Mike.
One thousand $1000s. 20 grads a year (over the last 50 yrs) who will commit $1000 year to onward setonia.

Oh yeah. That is impossible.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT