ADVERTISEMENT

FBI stops plot to harm/kidnap Michigan Gov

Absolutely nuts and why does Trump add fuel to the fire? No reason for it and he will go down because of tweets like this.

Tweet was from April regarding virus lockdown protests. Merge is just trying to stir the pot on here.

The problem is the clown in the WH. No one crazier than him. This doesnt happen in a vacuum.

Reactions: Merge
Tweet was from April regarding virus lockdown protests. Merge is just trying to stir the pot on here.
Thanks for the clarification. Not a classy thing to do Merge. I should have read the tweet I guess.

Of course you would turn this into a political thing and try to blame somebody. :rolleyes:

Lets walk through this one.

First - Here is what I posted back in April after Trump tweeted that.

No. What the hell does he accomplish by tweeting LIBERATE for states with democratic governors only.

why the hell is he tweeting about the 2nd amendment at a time like this.

He is promoting civil unrest that is going to get people killed. That is not hyperbole.

Here was your response.

He's not promoting civil war. You're being ridiculous.

I saw something like this coming. You thought I was ridiculous.
The president's words matter and him saying LIBERATE Michigan as a response to an armed militia group taking over the state capital does nothing but fan the flames. The president encouraged these crazy people.

Reactions: chickenbox
Thanks for the clarification. Not a classy thing to do Merge. I should have read the tweet I guess.

Wasn't trying to trick you. The date is in the tweet.
I am just pointing out that when the president encourages crazy people, the crazy people get emboldened.

Trump's actions and words are irresponsible and he is only going to get worse when he realizes he is not going to win the election.

Lets walk through this one.

First - Here is what I posted back in April after Trump tweeted that.

Here was your response.

I saw something like this coming. You thought I was ridiculous.
The president's words matter and him saying LIBERATE Michigan as a response to an armed militia group taking over the state capital does nothing but fan the flames. The president encouraged these crazy people.

Correct, civil war is not coming anytime soon. This is a group of nutjobs that have nothing to do with the president.

Reactions: Hallsome
Correct, civil war is not coming anytime soon. This is a group of nutjobs that have nothing to do with the president.
While I don’t believe civil war is coming, I am not surprised at all by this arrest. Merge is right. The words coming from the President do matter. And Trump’s words are incendiary. Is anyone surprised at this? I said after a Biden win that there will be armed groups out there because they think this is what Trump has ordered. And Trump does nothing but pour gasoline on this. This is the element of the right wing that John McCain was so worried about during his campaign. Trump encourages this behavior.

If this was isolated, yes you can say it’s just a few sick people. But you will see that this is just a start.

i mean tbf this is twice where you sorta ended up with the exact result you said wouldnt happen. trump dodging the debate tied to covid, now apparently telling merge way back he wasnt promoting civil war in michigan and OOPS looks like there are civil war attempts in michigan. scary enough for you to post "scary".

youre trying to spinzone saying this is no way connected to the current climate and culture brought on by trump.

maybe its time to start accepting the president is indeed the spark plug behind 90% of the things you call nonsense. those who sow the wind shall reap the whirlwind.

i mean tbf this is twice where you sorta ended up with the exact result you said wouldnt happen. trump dodging the debate tied to covid, now apparently telling merge way back he wasnt promoting civil war in michigan and OOPS looks like there are civil war attempts in michigan. scary enough for you to post "scary".

youre trying to spinzone saying this is no way connected to the current climate and culture brought on by trump.

maybe its time to start accepting the president is indeed the spark plug behind 90% of the things you call nonsense. those who sow the wind shall reap the whirlwind.

Again, this isn't civil war. Civil war is organized throughout the nation. This is a group of nuts wanting to do something despicable. The division and rhetoric in this country today started long before Trump even considered running.

By the way, he is going to debate. They rescheduled.

Again, this isn't civil war. Civil war is organized throughout the nation. This is a group of nuts wanting to do something despicable. The division and rhetoric in this country today started long before Trump even considered running.

Kind of like how a Forrest fire can start with a couple small ambers.

Trump comes over and pours gasoline on it and we can argue that that ambers were already there, or recognize that he is responsible for making things worse.

I'm not going to nitpick about the term "civil war", so I will take it back and stay with the fact that Trump was promoting civil unrest and emboldening these idiots to take action against the state. I believe he will get worse and worse if the polls continue to show that he is very unlikely to win... and it could get dangerous if he decides to take the country down with him.

Gentlemen,

For the love of God, please stop jumping to conclusions. The bar for media is low these days so unfortunately , the onus is on us to figure out the whole story. So many lazy journalists out there.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Wow! This is big. Brandon Caserta, one of the ringleaders of the group of men arrested for a plot where the group planned to kidnap Gov. Gretchen Whitmer, hated President Trump too!<br><br>&quot;Trump is not your friend dude&quot;<br><br>He says Trump is &quot;a tyrant&quot; &amp; calls President Trump an &quot;enemy&quot;. <a href="https://t.co/T5paEeTkiJ">pic.twitter.com/T5paEeTkiJ</a></p>&mdash; Robby Starbuck (@robbystarbuck) <a href="">October 8, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">This is a video of Brandon Caserta, one of the ringleaders of the group of men arrested for a plot where the group planned to kidnap Governor Gretchen Whitmer. Caserta has an anarchist flag behind him and in YouTube videos trashes police. He’s not a Republican, he’s an anarchist. <a href="https://t.co/J1vE2qGYL7">pic.twitter.com/J1vE2qGYL7</a></p>&mdash; Robby Starbuck (@robbystarbuck) <a href="">October 8, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Trump cannot continue to wink at certain factions through his tweets. That is wrong and he has done it many times. Biden got away with winking at Antifa during the debate saying Antifa was "an idea" but he is not held to the same standard because he has not done it as many times as Trump and the press is deep in his pocket because they have wanted to see Trump lose the day after the last election. Both do it because they want votes, simple as that. Trump has done it more and repeatedly with his tweets and he is Pres and he needs to be held to the highest of standards and he has failed miserably IMO in that regard. Does not matter if these wackos don't like him or not.

Again very sad state that we have these two terrible choices again to vote for President. When will the American voters wake up and take back our country.

Trump cannot continue to wink at certain factions through his tweets. That is wrong and he has done it many times. Biden got away with winking at Antifa during the debate saying Antifa was "an idea" but he is not held to the same standard because he has not done it as many times as Trump and the press is deep in his pocket because they have wanted to see Trump lose the day after the last election. Both do it because they want votes, simple as that. Trump has done it more and repeatedly with his tweets and he is Pres and he needs to be held to the highest of standards and he has failed miserably IMO in that regard. Does not matter if these wackos don't like him or not.

Again very sad state that we have these two terrible choices again to vote for President. When will the American voters wake up and take back our country.

So are you going to blame Bernie Sanders for the Congressional baseball shooting now?

Can you imagine if Republican groups started go fund me pages to bail these guys out? Or I wonder if they will be in favor of a no bail policy for these guys?

Kind of like how a Forrest fire can start with a couple small ambers.

Trump comes over and pours gasoline on it and we can argue that that ambers were already there, or recognize that he is responsible for making things worse.

I'm not going to nitpick about the term "civil war", so I will take it back and stay with the fact that Trump was promoting civil unrest and emboldening these idiots to take action against the state. I believe he will get worse and worse if the polls continue to show that he is very unlikely to win... and it could get dangerous if he decides to take the country down with him.
Assume you’re right for a minute. Can you admit that anti trump side is promoting civil unrest?

Assume you’re right for a minute. Can you admit that anti trump side is promoting civil unrest?

Not exactly sure what you are referencing but sure... However, I do hold the president to a higher standard of discourse.

As a wise comic book character once said... "with great power there must also come -- great responsibility" - The president should not be exacerbating these tensions.

Not exactly sure what you are referencing but sure... However, I do hold the president to a higher standard of discourse.

As a wise comic book character once said... "with great power there must also come -- great responsibility" - The president should not be exacerbating these tensions.
I’m referencing riots/protests that have been tolerated and in some instances encouraged by democrats who then also say the unrest is necessary because trump is a racist. I appreciate your agreement with me and that you seem to have a relatively level headed way of looking at things (even if others disagree with you).

Reactions: Section112
They are anarchists and have nothing to do with Trump or Republicans!!!
Of course they don’t. That’s common sense. But the Dems were promoting bail out out the anarchists who decided to burn down buildings and throw bricks at police officers.

So are you going to blame Bernie Sanders for the Congressional baseball shooting now?
WTF are you talking about. When did I bring up the baseball shooting which was awful by the way? If you want to debate a point, make a cogent argument and have a respectful debate.

I guess you missed the part where the leader of the Michigan crew despised Trump.

Nope. I saw that. Just wondering why they would target two states with democratic governors because they had Covid restrictions in place... but not 2 states with democratic governors and more restrictions in place.

Political rhetoric and support for the anti-government protests in those states is what played a part and Trump threw gasoline on the fire.

Nope. I saw that. Just wondering why they would target two states with democratic governors because they had Covid restrictions in place... but not 2 states with democratic governors and more restrictions in place.

Political rhetoric and support for the anti-government protests in those states is what played a part and Trump threw gasoline on the fire.
Lot of assumptions there....Whitmer started and fanned the fire with some of the dumbest restrictions. My experience in both VA and MI is that most people prefer less government interference.

Lot of assumptions there....Whitmer started and fanned the fire with some of the dumbest restrictions. My experience in both VA and MI is that most people prefer less government interference.

Correct. My assumption is that without Trump tweeting about liberating Virginia, that these guys wouldn't have been thinking about Virginia.

Most people from Michigan and Ohio may want less government for themselves... but they prefer less government interference in Virginia?

Correct. My assumption is that without Trump tweeting about liberating Virginia, that these guys wouldn't have been thinking about Virginia.

Most people from Michigan and Ohio may want less government for themselves... but they prefer less government interference in Virginia?
Once you get out of DC suburbs, yes. I lived in Richmond for a couple of years and spent time in other parts of the state.

Once you get out of DC suburbs, yes. I lived in Richmond for a couple of years and spent time in other parts of the state.

Sorry, I mean the people in Michigan want less government for the people in Virginia?
Just sees really odd that this group wanted to kidnap the Governor of Virginia.

Sorry, I mean the people in Michigan want less government for the people in Virginia?
Just sees really odd that this group wanted to kidnap the Governor of Virginia.
These guys are anarchists. They are “odd” or even worse. Maybe they have a sister militia in Virginia.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT