ADVERTISEMENT

Florida what

Florida gonna Florida. If you want to have a laugh just Google "Florida man" and read the latest news results, always something hilarious from that swamp.
This is true - the absolute craziest stories emanate from that state on a daily basis.

And still, I've wished over the past year-and-a-half that I lived there, and a few years ago you never would have heard someone like me say that (someone who only knows the tri-state area). I work at a company based in Florida. My colleagues kids were basically in school all year, full day, no masks. Businesses stayed open and survived. Taxes, governance, etc. Polar opposite of the s*** we had and have to deal with.

Reactions: shu09
No. Just showcasing your ignorance.

NJ is a better state than FL based on education (#1 in nation) & crime (5th lowest in country). We have high taxes, but we also earn higher pay. We have easy access to beautiful shore towns and beautiful mountains. NJ is a pretty great place to live compared to the rest of the country, even if it skews democratic.

FL maybe better for retirees, but for raising a family I'll take NJ.

NJ is a better state than FL based on education (#1 in nation) & crime (5th lowest in country). We have high taxes, but we also earn higher pay. We have easy access to beautiful shore towns and beautiful mountains. NJ is a pretty great place to live compared to the rest of the country, even if it skews democratic.

Don't forget you get real seasons with weather

New Jersey is a fine state.

I really don't want to get into a head-on comparison. Having said that you can't be serious about comparing Jersey beaches to Florida beaches unless you prefer medical waste while you bathe.

Referring to Florida as a swamp and an armpit is just ignorant. Claiming that it's only good for retirees is also ignorant. You clearly know very little about the state.

That's all

Last edited:

I really don't want to get into a head-on comparison. Having said that you can't be serious about comparing Jersey beaches to Florida beaches unless you prefer medical waste while you bathe.

Referring to Florida as a swamp and an armpit is just ignorant. Claiming that it's only good for retirees is also ignorant. You clearly know very little about the state.

That's all

Medical waste versus Red tide. Take your pick.

I've been to many states, Florida wouldn't rank on my list to move to. Agree to disagree.

I wasn't disagreeing with anything other than you calling it a swamp and an armpit. I do agree that Florida is not a state You want to move to. For that matter neither do I, despite having owned three properties there.

I just don't think it deserves being called an armpit.

Last edited:

That's all
I love Florida. But while the beaches are great and the water is warm, in south Florida the beaches comes under attack from the sargassum seaweed. It's gross, smells like a sewer and ruins the beach experience in Florida. You can't go into the water and the smell prevents you from even going on the beach.

Reactions: silkcitypirate
need someone to fact check me but i was under the impression:

florida has a law that crimes must be public (or something like that). so its not that florida runs high in ridiculous crimes, its that theyre all reported. no other state has a similar law. just florida.

need someone to fact check me but i was under the impression:

florida has a law that crimes must be public (or something like that). so its not that florida runs high in ridiculous crimes, its that theyre all reported. no other state has a similar law. just florida.
Florida is like any other state. There are some great areas and not so great areas. If you’re judging New Jersey and Newark, Trenton and Camden, will guess what? I like the change of seasons and I don’t like the threat of hurricanes every year. But the Tampa area as an outstanding quality of life as does Naples and many other areas. And the favorable tax advantage is luring thousands of people from this area now that working remote can be factored into where are you live. There is a lot of wealth leaving New York City. People doing the six month and one day at their Florida residence and commuting back on occasion to their companies in New York.

Last edited:
Reactions: SHUSA
I've never been to Disney world, place is for suckers lol. West coast very nice, rest of state is an armpit.

Did I hit a nerve?
Vist
Florida is like any other state. There are some great areas and not so great areas. If you’re judging New Jersey and Newark, Trenton and Camden, will guess what? I like the change of seasons and I don’t like the threat of hurricanes every year. But the Tampa area as an outstanding quality of life as does Naples and many other areas. And the favorable tax advantage is luring thousands of people from this area now that working remote can be factored into where are you live. There is a lot of wealth leaving New York City. People doing the six month and one day at their Florida residence and commuting back on occasion to their companies in New York.
There you go. The fortunate people who made their money up north that can afford to keep a home up here and buy something in Fl. establish residence to beat paying higher taxes and also have the gall to pitch and moan about everything. Crying with two loafs of bread under their arms. I'm not being jealous but for those people PLEASE don't Bitch and moan about politics and count your blessings.

Vist

There you go. The fortunate people who made their money up north that can afford to keep a home up here and buy something in Fl. establish residence to beat paying higher taxes and also have the gall to pitch and moan about everything. Crying with two loafs of bread under their arms. I'm not being jealous but for those people PLEASE don't Bitch and moan about politics and count your blessings.
I don’t think those are the people that are crying. They’re just making decisions with their wallets. But it leaves the people that don’t have options in the lurch.

Never been to Disney world? Didn’t you say you have kids? You sound cheap

Someone is cheap because they don't spend 10 grand to stand in lines with suckers like yourself and their brat kids? Haha, thanks for enlightening me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like someone missed their medications this morning.

The funny thing about Hallsome and people like him is they rail against their kids being "indoctrinated" but then they fork over thousands to Disney, the most liberal organization 😂. Talk about being uneducated.....

pretty low insulting someone because they cant afford to send the family to disney. we coupd never afford it either.

Most middle class Americand who are fiscally responsible dont visit Disney. Those that need to project an image and live in credit card debt will gladly get ripped off and smile about it.

That why I only go to Wally World!

Walley-World-57bb63bf5f9b58cdfd32c7f0.jpg

Most middle class Americand who are fiscally responsible dont visit Disney. Those that need to project an image and live in credit card debt will gladly get ripped off and smile about it.
Mr. stereotype is on a roll this morning…..

I enjoy Disney for my kids. Had been going every other year pre-Covid, and also used those trips as a lesson for the kids to save money by keeping a “Disney jar”.

It’s also true that it is an absurd waste of money though.

Reactions: SHUSA and Hallsome
I enjoy Disney for my kids. Had been going every other year pre-Covid, and also used those trips as a lesson for the kids to save money by keeping a “Disney jar”.

It’s also true that it is an absurd waste of money though.

And that's great too Merge. My reaction was to Hallsome, who seems to have issues he may want checked out, calling someone cheap for not going. Haha.

Personally I enjoy a beach vacation.

Reactions: Merge
pretty low insulting someone because they cant afford to send the family to disney. we coupd never afford it either.
you people taking everything so f’ing serious. If you’ve been to Disney you would’ve know that it’s not only for the rich. family members of mine making less than 70K per year between mom and dad saved for 2.5 years to take their young kids to Disney….then Covid hit. It’s not cheap but it’s not only for the rich.

Someone is cheap because they don't spend 10 grand to stand in lines with suckers like yourself and their brat kids? Haha, thanks for enlightening me.

What was your comment above about striking a nerve? Sorry for upsetting you and I’m glad you got back at me calling my family uneducated brats.

• Haha
Reactions: anon_ezos2e9wn1ob0
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT