ADVERTISEMENT

Fort Myers Tip-Off

It’s ok for Ohio State to play a 20 game conference schedule and go to a tournament such as this, but another team in the same league doesn’t need to...

My guess is they'll match us up with California in the first game so they can guarantee a Florida-Ohio State meeting.

Reactions: SHUMA04

Seton Hall to Participate in 2021 Fort Myers Tip-Off​

_SW54017.jpg

Fort Myers, Fla. - The Seton Hall men's basketball team will participate in the 2021 Rocket Mortgage Fort Myers Tip-Off in a four-team tournament that features schools from three other "Power Six Basketball" conferences, tournament officials announced Wednesday. The Pirates will be joined by California, Florida and Ohio State, and the event will take place on the campus of Florida SouthWestern State College during Thanksgiving week.

Game dates, matchups, game times and television designations will be announced at a later date.

Official fan travel packages for the 2021 Rocket Mortgage Fort Myers Tip-Off will be available in June for fans looking to spend Thanksgiving Week in sunny Fort Myers with their favorite team. Information on travel packages can be found at www.fortmyerstipoff.com/travel. Ticket-only packages, based on availability, will go on sale this fall. Fans interested in ticket-only packages can visit www.fortmyerstipoff.com/tickets to sign up to receive future ticket updates regarding the 2021 Tournament.

Seton Hall is 14-5 in its last 19 early-season, multi-team event (MTE) games, including winning the 2014 Paradise Jam Tournament title and the 2018 Wooden Legacy Tournament title.

The Pirates last faced California in the 2016 Pearl Harbor Invitational in Honolulu, Hawai'i, a 60-57 Pirates win. They last played Florida in the 2016 AdvoCare Invitational, an 81-76 Gators victory. And The Hall last faced Ohio State on Dec. 20, 2003, a 75-59 Pirates win at the Meadowlands.

Seton Hall to Participate in 2021 Fort Myers Tip-Off​

_SW54017.jpg

Fort Myers, Fla. - The Seton Hall men's basketball team will participate in the 2021 Rocket Mortgage Fort Myers Tip-Off in a four-team tournament that features schools from three other "Power Six Basketball" conferences, tournament officials announced Wednesday. The Pirates will be joined by California, Florida and Ohio State, and the event will take place on the campus of Florida SouthWestern State College during Thanksgiving week.

Game dates, matchups, game times and television designations will be announced at a later date.

Official fan travel packages for the 2021 Rocket Mortgage Fort Myers Tip-Off will be available in June for fans looking to spend Thanksgiving Week in sunny Fort Myers with their favorite team. Information on travel packages can be found at www.fortmyerstipoff.com/travel. Ticket-only packages, based on availability, will go on sale this fall. Fans interested in ticket-only packages can visit www.fortmyerstipoff.com/tickets to sign up to receive future ticket updates regarding the 2021 Tournament.

Seton Hall is 14-5 in its last 19 early-season, multi-team event (MTE) games, including winning the 2014 Paradise Jam Tournament title and the 2018 Wooden Legacy Tournament title.

The Pirates last faced California in the 2016 Pearl Harbor Invitational in Honolulu, Hawai'i, a 60-57 Pirates win. They last played Florida in the 2016 AdvoCare Invitational, an 81-76 Gators victory. And The Hall last faced Ohio State on Dec. 20, 2003, a 75-59 Pirates win at the Meadowlands.
This is FS1/FOX event unless something changes...expect one game on FBN thanksgiving around NFL coverage whether shu is that game will be determined

Have you not learned your lesson yet? Have not watched the NCAA? Cal is the strongest team, they are from the Conference of Champions. Forget the over rated BIG, BE and SEC, it’s all about the PAC12.

Have you not learned your lesson yet? Have not watched the NCAA? Cal is the strongest team, they are from the Conference of Champions. Forget the over rated BIG, BE and SEC, it’s all about the PAC12.
I realize you're probably being facetious, but it's really hard to argue with that right about now. It's just a shame that Bill Walton is so painful to listen to that we either don't watch Pac-12 games or have to watch them without volume.

• Haha
Reactions: BabyBlue
I see it the other way. I think they'll want a Florida-Ohio State final, so I think we'll see one of those two teams in the first round. Cal and SH would be considered the two weaker teams in the field.
Gotta see how rosters end up, Florida is losing a ton aren’t they to transfer? They’d probably want Florida in the finals just because of location.

I see it the other way. I think they'll want a Florida-Ohio State final, so I think we'll see one of those two teams in the first round. Cal and SH would be considered the two weaker teams in the field.
and get ready for the whistles to guarantee it

Well it is april fools day so makes sense for ref and excuse to lose scenarios to be place held 7 months ahead of event

My guess is they'll match us up with California in the first game so they can guarantee a Florida-Ohio State meeting.

This is FS1/FOX event unless something changes...expect one game on FBN thanksgiving around NFL coverage whether shu is that game will be determined

This season, the tournament played on Thanksgiving Day and the next day. FOX aired Kansas-Gonzaga on Thanksgiving (the other teams were Auburn and St. Joes's).

If they stick to the same format and dates, that's all the more reason to believe Florida-OSU plays in that Thanksgiving day slot.

It should be noted that the tournament was originally supposed to be Monday and Wednesday the 23rd and 25th this season with Butler, Colorado, South Florida and Wisconsin.

I still think they'll guarantee themselves Florida-OSU rather than take the chance that one of them wins and one loses in the first game.

so is it a round robin, 3 games?
or
a tournament format 2 games?

It's two games tournament style. Think the NIT Tip-Off in 2017 when we played at Barclays Center.

Many times these tournaments have a “3rd game” on campus that guarantees a certain team moves forward, even if it was a loss, no? Gets the extra exempt tournament game.

Reactions: wpc75 and BabyBlue
Many times these tournaments have a “3rd game” on campus that guarantees a certain team moves forward, even if it was a loss, no? Gets the extra exempt tournament game.

It might even be two campus games since you're allowed up to four games in exempt tournaments. Some of these tournaments will have a second four team bracket at another site. It's a way to allow mid-majors to participate while ensuring the name schools play in the main bracket.

I’ve stayed in the Pink Shell shown on the tournament homepage. Loved every second of it. 20 minutes from the arena. Wouldn’t mind staying there again sometime soon haha

Normally the Fort Myers tip-off games are played on the Monday and Wednesday before Thanksgiving Day.

Each of the four teams that play in Fort Myers will also get two on-campus Fort Myers tip-off games. The tournament people set those games up but Seton Hall will have the opportunity to approve or decline the matchups.

Really nice venue to see a basketball game. The City of Palms tournament is held there now and Geico Nationals high school basketball championship tournament is being held there this year and in fact the finals are today 4/3.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT