ADVERTISEMENT

Future NJ Vaccination Numbers are not good

shufan1993

All American
Gold Member
Apr 24, 2017
Vaccine demand dwindling in NJ. Will be way below 70% goal set by Murphy admin by June end. All counties are currently below 1.
@Merge Thoughts? You claim that you are a data guy. The data does not look good.

For now, here is how I see this playing out. In about 2 months, vaccine supply will start to exceed demand.

That was on Feb 18th. I told you that was going to happen. Not unexpected and not really a concern.

1. How many adults are in NJ
2. How many people in NJ have received at least 1 Covid shot.
3. What is #2 / #1?
4. Do you still think 70% is unreasonable?

That was on Feb 18th. I told you that was going to happen. Not unexpected and not really a concern.

3. What is #2 / #1?

Yes 70% is unreasonable. 53% of New Jerseyans have taken at least one shot. How many of those people will not go back for second shots? It could be as high as 10% of people that have taken 1 shot.

A lot of scared people influenced by misinformation

@NYShoreGuy How was your experience with the Janssen Vaccine? Any side effects?

Yes 70% is unreasonable. 53% of New Jerseyans have taken at least one shot. How many of those people will not go back for second shots? It could be as high as 10% of people that have taken 1 shot.
smh...

Approx 6.9 million adults in NJ
70% of 6.9 million = 4.83 million

Approximately 53% of the state has received at least one shot.
That is approximately 4.7 million people.

If you assume 10% of people don't get a 2nd shot, and no one else in the state gets a first or 2nd shot in the next month and a half... We would end up at about 63% of adults being vaccinated... So yes, 70% is pretty much guaranteed at this point and we will hit that closer to the end of May than the end of June.

smh...

Approx 6.9 million adults in NJ
70% of 6.9 million = 4.83 million

Approximately 53% of the state has received at least one shot.
That is approximately 4.7 million people.

If you assume 10% of people don't get a 2nd shot, and no one else in the state gets a first or 2nd shot in the next month and a half... We would end up at about 63% of adults being vaccinated... So yes, 70% is pretty much guaranteed at this point and we will hit that closer to the end of May than the end of June.

Interesting article from NJ.com today too/timing with this debate. Experts are now saying herd immunity might be impossible in NJ because of vaccine hesitancy/variants. Nj board of health is now working to live with this virus for the long term. The article did note the NJ mask mandate is here to stay. So if the mask mandate is still in place on Labor you will not be posting on this board anymore, correct?

The article did note the NJ mask mandate is here to stay.

"Even if the state government eliminates a mask mandate at some point, some places of businesses could still require them indoors, experts said."

Mandate will be gone by labor day without a doubt in my mind.
Murphy is not going to be watching other states remove their mandates as the situation improves heading into an election. So, yep. I still feel very confident about that bet.

"Even if the state government eliminates a mask mandate at some point, some places of businesses could still require them indoors, experts said."

Mandate will be gone by labor day without a doubt in my mind.
Murphy is not going to be watching other states remove their mandates as the situation improves heading into an election. So, yep. I still feel very confident about that bet.
Wonder if they are going to make kids continue to wear masks in school.

Yes they will. Fauci was asked this question yesterday. He noted children can still spread the virus to unvaccinated adults. Fauci noted it will probably be around 4th quarter 2021 or 2022 where kids will really start being vaccinated.

Yes they will. Fauci was asked this question yesterday. He noted children can still spread the virus to unvaccinated adults. Fauci noted it will probably be around 4th quarter 2021 or 2022 where kids will really start being vaccinated.
That’s flucking abhorrent if they continue to make kids wear the mask. Disgusting.

@Merge Whatever happened to Bidens pledge for American people to wear masks only through his first 100 days? It is now past the 100 day mark and President Biden is still asking us to wear masks. Has anyone followed up with the President on this from the media? Or does he get a pass on this because good old Joe? Per the below, Biden has now moved the goal post from 100 days of masking to 70% of Americans to be completely vaccinated before we go back to normal.

Going on the assumption that the current trends will continue there are no significant changes in how the virus impacts kids, I would think next year would (and should) be without masks.

@NYShoreGuy How was your experience with the Janssen Vaccine? Any side effects?
Well my body had a reaction to it for sure. Left arm just about better by now after wed am shot. Wed night and i did have a long day but was well nourished day before and day of and drank lots of fluids, ending up with the chills leaving the nj transit train and cranked the heat in my car to start a drive home. Got home ate a banana and avocado and had warm tea and a vitamin water and slept in a hooded sweatshirt. 6 hours later outside of the should soreness, i felt back to normal. I did a normal thurs and fri of mass transit commute to manhattan.

Well my body had a reaction to it for sure. Left arm just about better by now after wed am shot. Wed night and i did have a long day but was well nourished day before and day of and drank lots of fluids, ending up with the chills leaving the nj transit train and cranked the heat in my car to start a drive home. Got home ate a banana and avocado and had warm tea and a vitamin water and slept in a hooded sweatshirt. 6 hours later outside of the should soreness, i felt back to normal. I did a normal thurs and fri of mass transit commute to manhattan.

Thank you for this. If I get the vaccine, I am heavily leaning towards Janssen. For now I am continuing to shelter in place.

3. What is #2 / #1?

Follow up to number 4 based on what we know now. Yes I think 70% is unreasonable

70% of adults should be attainable in all of the blue states except Oregon who historically have the lowest vaccine rates (Portland hipsters 😆).

Some red states will have issues getting there especially in southern states..

Maybe Murphy will do the lotto idea others states like Maryland and Hogan are doing to get them over the hump.

They are having 1 person win daily for receiving first shot $40,000 at random till mid June I think, this is to get the state to its 70% threshold. At the end of the day Maryland will have closer to 75% of adults fully vaccinated.

This plan may work for the less informed selfish adults in NJ.

Add that to the list of things you will have been wrong about.

You love to point out when people are wrong. So I'll turn it on you. When will Mr. Murphy defer to the CDC on masks? You said he always does. So far you are wrong.

70% of adults should be attainable in all of the blue states except Oregon who historically have the lowest vaccine rates (Portland hipsters 😆).

Some red states will have issues getting there especially in southern states..

Maybe Murphy will do the lotto idea others states like Maryland and Hogan are doing to get them over the hump.

They are having 1 person win daily for receiving first shot $40,000 at random till mid June I think, this is to get the state to its 70% threshold. At the end of the day Maryland will have closer to 75% of adults fully vaccinated.

This plan may work for the less informed selfish adults in NJ.

Your combination of elitism, arrogance and condescension is a sight to behold in nearly every one of your posts, but especially this one.

Your true motives (political and intent to divide) show through clearer than you might think as well. Vaccination is not a political issue. It is an individual choice based on risk assessment.

The lottery thing would turn out those who don't know any better. The typical lottery player (the people you see buying scratch offs at the local convenience store and returning five minutes later for more) actually thinks he has a decent shot at winning the jackpot. It's a sad mentality, really. People like this will be taken advantage of by this type of program as they aren't the type of people who will do any individual research on the benefits or risks of vaccination. In the end, more people will die of vaccine-related side effects than those who win a payout from this lottery scheme.

I continue to wonder why those who have the vaccine are so worried about those who choose not to get it. You clearly think we are inferior, so why do you care what we do? You're protected. You came through the vaccine without any major issues, God bless. The science says you're safe from serious illness. The answer can only be a combination of this: politics, power and control.

But as we know, covid has never been about science. It has always been about politics, power, control and virtue signaling. If it was about science, we would never have had shutdowns and the restricted state of living we've seen for the last year. We would have told vulnerable populations to take precautions while not wrecking our economy at the same time.

Last edited:
You love to point out when people are wrong. So I'll turn it on you. When will Mr. Murphy defer to the CDC on masks? You said he always does. So far you are wrong.

I said soon. My original guess for the removal of the mandate was July.
The CDC position moves up my guess and I would say it will be within the next 3 weeks.

In any case... well before Labor day.

I continue to wonder why those who have the vaccine are so worried about those who choose not to get it. You clearly think we are inferior, so why do you care what we do? Your protected. You came through the vaccine without any major issues, God bless. The science says you're safe from serious illness. The answer can only be a combination of this: politics, power and control.

But as we know, covid has never been about science. It has always been about politics, power, control and virtue signaling. If it was about science, we would never have had shutdowns and the restricted state of living we've seen for the last year. We would have told vulnerable populations to take precautions while not wrecking our economy at the same time.

This is absolutely not true. The more people that are not vaccinated, the more chances the virus has to mutate to become deadlier and have vaccines not be effective. Thus, the more people that don't get vaccinated can have a detrimental impact on those that do. That is why it is important to get to herd immunity to reduce that risk. Once we get to herd immunity, then it won't be as important.

Reactions: doctorcb12
This is absolutely not true. The more people that are not vaccinated, the more chances the virus has to mutate to become deadlier and have vaccines not be effective. Thus, the more people that don't get vaccinated can have a detrimental impact on those that do. That is why it is important to get to herd immunity to reduce that risk. Once we get to herd immunity, then it won't be as important.

You've literally repeated all the fear-mongering talking points verbatim. All the talk about "variants" is simply a scare tactic to persuade more people into getting the vaccine. Classic marketing/persuasion technique to activate fear with a strong emotional message. Please stop watching CNN and other mainstream media. It will benefit your overall health. Any mutations that have come up have not proven to be any more deadly. Every virus mutates and they almost always mutate to less virulent strains. This one is no different.

Most importantly, the science says the vaccines WORK against ALL mutations.

We've reached herd immunity through 1) vaccination and 2) natural infection. Case numbers have plummeted in the US for over four months now. If you want to look more locally, check out NJ's numbers. Have fallen off a cliff in the last two months.

We've reached herd immunity through 1) vaccination and 2) natural infection. Case numbers have plummeted in the US for over four months now. If you want to look more locally, check out NJ's numbers. Have fallen off a cliff in the last two months.

We may have, and if we have it is because people who have very little risk from Covid chose to get vaccinated to protect their community. We all want this to just be completely over. Not just for those who got vaccinated but those who chose not to as well.

No issue with you choosing not get get it, even if your reasoning is from people fearmongoring and overstating the risks of the vaccines, I just hope enough people do get vaccinated to where it's not a concern anymore for all of us.

You've literally repeated all the fear-mongering talking points verbatim. All the talk about "variants" is simply a scare tactic to persuade more people into getting the vaccine. Classic marketing/persuasion technique to activate fear with a strong emotional message. Please stop watching CNN and other mainstream media. It will benefit your overall health. Any mutations that have come up have not proven to be any more deadly. Every virus mutates and they almost always mutate to less virulent strains. This one is no different.

Most importantly, the science says the vaccines WORK against ALL mutations.

We are getting closer to herd immunity so that is why you see the numbers drop plus the weather is getting warmer. However, if you don't get there, the numbers can steadily rise once again. So far the vaccines have worked against the mutations that we have seen thus far. But that is the thing about mutations, it can mutate to where the vaccines don't work. These aren't talking points. It just happens to be science.

You make a lot of assumptions on that we have reached herd immunity. How do you know? You added up all the people who got CoVid and all the people who got vaccinated in NJ and added them up and saw it reached 70%
Is that how you made your calculation? Did you take into account the huge amount of people who had CoVid and got vaccinated as well like myself? Would that not account for double counting?

As far as I see, we are getting close. In NJ, we are about 50% of the population has been vaccinated. As far as case numbers go, it plummeted around this time last year because the summer is coming with no vaccine.

No calculations here, just common sense from viewing the numbers and trends locally and nationally.

The great Mayor of Newark is calling for the Prudential Center to only allow covid vaccinated individuals into sporting events going forward. I guess I will not be able to attend games at the rock next season!

Not surprising. It has always been about power, control, creating two classes of citizens and chipping away at what makes America, leading to eventual total submission to the state and compliance with its wishes.

Not surprising. It has always been about power, control, creating two classes of citizens and chipping away at what makes America, leading to eventual total submission to the state and compliance with its wishes.

Will the Prudential Center be banning younger kids from attending seton hall games and devil's games next year if they are not Vaccinated? I could see the university having major issues with this if there is a decrease in ticket/season ticket sales.

We are getting closer to herd immunity so that is why you see the numbers drop plus the weather is getting warmer. However, if you don't get there, the numbers can steadily rise once again. So far the vaccines have worked against the mutations that we have seen thus far. But that is the thing about mutations, it can mutate to where the vaccines don't work. These aren't talking points. It just happens to be science.

You make a lot of assumptions on that we have reached herd immunity. How do you know? You added up all the people who got CoVid and all the people who got vaccinated in NJ and added them up and saw it reached 70%
Is that how you made your calculation? Did you take into account the huge amount of people who had CoVid and got vaccinated as well like myself? Would that not account for double counting?

As far as I see, we are getting close. In NJ, we are about 50% of the population has been vaccinated. As far as case numbers go, it plummeted around this time last year because the summer is coming with no vaccine.

Just a quick point on "weather getting warmer:" see India. It's literally hitting triple figures regularly in New Delhi, which appears the hardest hit major city.

I get where you are coming from logically but this is just another data point that something is seriously out of sorts with this virus/pandemic.

Reactions: shu09
That’s flucking abhorrent if they continue to make kids wear the mask. Disgusting.
Amen.

My baseball/softball league in town (little ones) finally just gave the green light that kids/coaches (and spectators) do not have to wear masks. Previously only the kids playing on the field could take them off, after a temperature check I'd administer (I'm the coach), but I had to wear one and so did the kids when they were on the bench waiting to hit. And all the spectators, including toddlers, were required to have masks. So my 2 year old is running around a playground adjacent to the field wearing a mask (we often, frankly, didn't make him do that or he would take it off, although there was a fear of the Twitter police then reporting this to the league). Meanwhile a girl is on second base with others around here, not wearing masks. Lunacy.

Reactions: HALL85 and shu09
Just a quick point on "weather getting warmer:" see India. It's literally hitting triple figures regularly in New Delhi, which appears the hardest hit major city.

I get where you are coming from logically but this is just another data point that something is seriously out of sorts with this virus/pandemic.

The sun belt surge of last summer also throws this argument into the trash heap.

Reactions: SHUMA04
Amen.

My baseball/softball league in town (little ones) finally just gave the green light that kids/coaches (and spectators) do not have to wear masks. Previously only the kids playing on the field could take them off, after a temperature check I'd administer (I'm the coach), but I had to wear one and so did the kids when they were on the bench waiting to hit. And all the spectators, including toddlers, were required to have masks. So my 2 year old is running around a playground adjacent to the field wearing a mask (we often, frankly, didn't make him do that or he would take it off, although there was a fear of the Twitter police then reporting this to the league). Meanwhile a girl is on second base with others around here, not wearing masks. Lunacy.
Disgraceful. Borderline child abuse.

Even scarier, I believe these rules are a longer term play to condition kids to behave with complete compliance to the state. There is no scientific reason for children to wear masks when it comes to this virus. Never has been.

Warmer weather is certainly a factor that reduced the spread of the disease. But there are other factors. India is a tremendously densely populated, probably the most densely populated country in the world. People are on top of one another in their living conditions. That is the factor that is probably the main contributor in India to the spread of the disease. . Sort of see the same thing in Brazil.

Amen.

These are some of the stupid and arbitrary rules that I mentioned in another thread. I don’t see this as some government conspiracy but rather magnifies the incompetence and partisan lunacy. Focused on the wrong things.

Personal attack aside..and wow btw.

I didn’t make anything political. It just has become that. I don’t think it should be that way either. Just sharing facts that repub majority states aren’t doing as well with vaccinations bc it has become political. It never used to be that way, in fact more liberal democratic hipster states were the ones with the lowest vaccination rates before 2020.

As far as my motivation to push as many ppl to be vaccinated, which is part of your misunderstanding about this WHOLE pandemic, is so we don’t have to deal with this anymore, meaning less deaths, less long term health issues, less closures, more schools open, less possible varients, boosters needed, and yes less masks. We need as many ppl to get it to get to a point where we are Free again. There are ppl who can’t get the vaccine that want it, hell I have kids who can not get the vaccine so personally I want more ppl to be vaccinated so selfish folks like you don’t give the virus to them.

I feel it is my responsibility to not let folks like you spread fear uncertainty and doubt to others, obviously you are a lost cause but for those reading this, hopefully they will do their own research and follow actions of those smarter people they know which for the most part is to get vaccinated.

As far is my political leanings, I am far from a liberal and voted repub every presidential election until Trump came around. So putting me with those groups is as far from accurate. It would be like if I called you a selfless person that cares about the community. In both cases probably couldn’t be further from the truth.

Your combination of elitism, arrogance and condescension is a sight to behold in nearly every one of your posts, but especially this one.

Your true motives (political and intent to divide) show through clearer than you might think as well. Vaccination is not a political issue. It is an individual choice based on risk assessment.

The lottery thing would turn out those who don't know any better. The typical lottery player (the people you see buying scratch offs at the local convenience store and returning five minutes later for more) actually thinks he has a decent shot at winning the jackpot. It's a sad mentality, really. People like this will be taken advantage of by this type of program as they aren't the type of people who will do any individual research on the benefits or risks of vaccination. In the end, more people will die of vaccine-related side effects than those who win a payout from this lottery scheme.

I continue to wonder why those who have the vaccine are so worried about those who choose not to get it. You clearly think we are inferior, so why do you care what we do? You're protected. You came through the vaccine without any major issues, God bless. The science says you're safe from serious illness. The answer can only be a combination of this: politics, power and control.

looks like NJ will follow CDC and drop indoor mask requirements next week.

A couple follow ups the Governor.

1. He said he wanted them be certain that numbers won't go up again before removing indoor mask mandate. Are the numbers telling us this now? Or is this a political move?

2. What is the difference between dropping mask mandate today vs next week? Is the science telling us a week from now we will be in a lot better position than today?

Personal attack aside..and wow btw.

I didn’t make anything political. It just has become that. I don’t think it should be that way either. Just sharing facts that repub majority states aren’t doing as well with vaccinations bc it has become political. It never used to be that way, in fact more liberal democratic hipster states were the ones with the lowest vaccination rates before 2020.

As far as my motivation to push as many ppl to be vaccinated, which is part of your misunderstanding about this WHOLE pandemic, is so we don’t have to deal with this anymore, meaning less deaths, less long term health issues, less closures, more schools open, less possible varients, boosters needed, and yes less masks. We need as many ppl to get it to get to a point where we are Free again. There are ppl who can’t get the vaccine that want it, hell I have kids who can not get the vaccine so personally I want more ppl to be vaccinated so selfish folks like you don’t give the virus to them.

I feel it is my responsibility to not let folks like you spread fear uncertainty and doubt to others, obviously you are a lost cause but for those reading this, hopefully they will do their own research and follow actions of those smarter people they know which for the most part is to get vaccinated.

As far is my political leanings, I am far from a liberal and voted repub every presidential election until Trump came around. So putting me with those groups is as far from accurate. It would be like if I called you a selfless person that cares about the community. In both cases probably couldn’t be further from the truth.

What you do with your children and their health decisions is none of my business. What I do with my own health decisions is none of your business. Deal? My decision to get or not get a vaccine has no impact on you in any way, shape or form. Just as your decision to get a vaccine has no impact on me and that's fine! I don't care what you do. Just don't tell me how to life my life!

Covid mania is over. US cases have plummeted. Time to get back to normal with zero restrictions. Those who want the vaccine can get it and have been able to for over a month. That should be the end of all covid discussions. Those who don't want the vaccine are on their own and those who got it are protected.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT