ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread - SHU vs Va Tech

We certainly didn’t look like the team up a man in the OT. That was rough.

Now it’s a bit of luck.

SHU looked winded throughout OT despite being a man up. That's a product of a lot of time playing from behind and possibly throwing their best punch in the first half.

SHU looked winded throughout OT despite being a man up. That's a product of a lot of time playing from behind and possibly throwing their best punch in the first half.
Penalty kicks a crapshoot. Want to make that first one and stay ahead. Put pressure on

Awesome win. Do guys almost always score on these pks or was tonite unusual. Still awake. Odds on that were slim. Go Pirates!!!

Reactions: Bobbie Solo
Awesome win. Do guys almost always score on these pks or was tonite unusual. Still awake. Odds on that were slim. Go Pirates!!!
Yeah most penalty kicks are good. The ball is placed so close and hit so hard that the goalkeeper has to basically guess where to jump before it's even kicked.

Reactions: halltheway
thats insane. insanity. as i said, any way to win is fine by me holy cow.

fwiw they were the better team for most the game

Reactions: catholicman
Gooooooooaaaaaaaaaalllllllllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!⚽⚽⚽⚡⚡ 🙌 👊💪🍾🥂😀

Been a huge soccer fan for many years and never saw a goalie win a game with a PK!😲 Nota coming up huge! Would be like Manuel Neuer kicking the winner for Germany or Bayern ... just freaking phenomenal! Big props to Nota 🇮🇹 and the Pirates 🏴‍☠️🔵⚽ for gutting this one out!

😀⚡🥂🍾💪💪👊🙌

You couldn’t write a movie script that captured the excitement of last nights game and the way we won, on the goalkeeper taking the winning PK and stopping two of VT’s PK’s. This unexpected season continues for SH as it advances to the Elite Eight . Great gutsy win by a team that refuses to be beat and now it faces its biggest challenge playing Indiana , one of the nations best programs , but don’t count this team out .

Reactions: silkcitypirate
I really thought we were going to Final Four in hoops before COVID. Maybe the sports gods will reward us and we get to College Cup.

Haha now everyone’s a soccer fan???? Go Hall!

I have to give you credit. A few weeks ago you said this team can compete for National Championship. Nice work.

Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT