ADVERTISEMENT

Georgetown Game Thread

Last game and the start to this one is the best we've played offense, IMO.

Terrific start.

Reactions: mjs428
No more Anthony for even a minute. Misses an easy rebound and then fouls. Breals momentum with two basic mistakes.

Reactions: shu09
Hall leads 20-10 under 13 minutes.

Best possible start. Eye of the Tiger.

Place is at least half empty.

Good start but we should be up more. Dumb fouls and sloppy mistakes are keeping Georgetown in it.

This is where I blame coaching we're up 13-2 and have a good rythm going, so just leave it alone for a little longer but no, Willard has to get involved, change lineups and let hoyas back in. kw over coaches

Reactions: Pirate64
This is where I blame coaching we're up 13-2 and have a good rythm going, so just leave it alone for a little longer but no, Willard has to get involved, change lineups and let hoyas back in. kw over coaches
Play the starters all 40 minutes. What was he thinking?

You have to get guys rest. They can't play 40 minutes.

What we should debate are the combinations. Want to get Delgado some rest? Plug Sanogo in for Nzei for a minute or two, then put Nzei in for Delgado alongside Ish. Don't just go to Anthony. That is a legitimate debate, not another shot at the coach to further an agenda.

Last edited:
Play the starters all 40 minutes. What was he thinking?

Hey stupid I didn't say play them all 40 did I? Go a kittke longer and taje advantage of whats going good for another couple minutes then sub. Learn the game and how to read.

Hey stupid I didn't say play them all 40 did I? Go a kittke longer and taje advantage of whats going good for another couple minutes then sub. Learn the game and how to read.
He basically went 7 minutes with his main guys. Who in the country doesn't make a substitution the first 10 minutes?

After the good start Desi and Jones were in foul trouble with 2 apiece.

GT made run with our offensively inept lineup in (Sanogo + Thomas).

Angel with 12 and 8 (if they counted that last second rebound) at half.

He's a friggin monster.

We had to work our ass for every point..while GT goes to the bucket for easy baskets time and time again.
The one thing Angel isn't... a shot blocker. We have to protect the basket and make them work for their points.
Otherwise I think our defense is playing well.

Last edited:
Angel with 12 and 8 (if they counted that last second rebound) at half.

He's a friggin monster.
Yes, but he has to play D and go for those rebounds. If they call a foul so be it. The 2nd and 3rd chances are killer... our basketball IQ from the 11 minute mark to abt the 2 min mark, esp defensively, was in the red. Make them hit shots. Do not foul anybody

Pirated - You need to pay attention, or at least learn something about the realities of playing and coaching basketball. These moves aren't made in a vacuum. If you've ever played the game you'd realize that the first 6 minutes are the toughest, until you catch your second wind. EVERY team substitutes like this.

Reactions: hallwins
Yes, but he has to play D and go for those rebounds. If they call a foul so be it. The 2nd and 3rd chances are killer... our basketball IQ from the 11 minute mark to abt the 2 min mark, esp defensively, was in the red. Make them hit shots. Do not foul anybody

It's not so easy to do when you have foul trouble and are in the bonus.

MJS a little tough on Jones. He wasn't great but he wasn't poor either. He had an early turnover and that was it. The whistle was tight and he will adjust to it second half. I look for a big second half from him.

In the last few minutes Angel was literally the only one rebounding against 2-3-4 GTown players. And if he "played D" on every drive into the paint and every put back from a player flying in from the wing. Hed already have 5 fouls. And then we'd have Anthony playing. Who on his 30 seconds let a rebound go through his arms as he hugged himself instead of grabbing the ball and committed a foul.

Gotta stop fouling and playing defense with our hands. 16 minutes left and Georgetown is going to be in the bonus soon.

This is gonna turn into a FT shooting contest, which is not a great scenario.

Love Degaldo's heart and rebounding but he has limited jumping ability. This game looking like another close game. Hope they finish better and come up with a much needed win.

Last edited:
damn so many fouls being called, on BOTH teams, refs are touchy feely today

ADVERTISEMENT