ADVERTISEMENT

Getting my picks ready for this weekend I just noticed...

Bluebeard

All World
Gold Member
Jun 7, 2001
That Nova was 3-0 in the BE and has gone 1-6 and 5 losses in row? I didn't realize and hadn't paid much attention. This is shocking. Does Neptune last after this season? I can't imagine he does.

Reactions: JoePeppitone2012
He gets another year. They aren’t firing Jay’s hand picked guy. Not yet at least

Every time I’m watching Neptune he’s wiping sweat off himself with a towel. He seems lost at the end of games and his teams reflect that. Tough spot to walk into after what Jay was able to do, I would be sweating every game in his position. I hope he gets another opportunity. Feel like he’s in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Reactions: Bluebeard
Every time I’m watching Neptune he’s wiping sweat off himself with a towel. He seems lost at the end of games and his teams reflect that. Tough spot to walk into after what Jay was able to do, I would be sweating every game in his position. I hope he gets another opportunity. Feel like he’s in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Or he’s playing with his beard, looking for answers. Another coach who goes down losing with timeouts in his pocket. Use them and regroup. Not sure why it’s such a difficult concept for some.

That Nova was 3-0 in the BE and has gone 1-6 and 5 losses in row? I didn't realize and hadn't paid much attention. This is shocking. Does Neptune last after this season? I can't imagine he does.

Nova - Kenpom

They look so disjointed. Like a pro team that loaded up on FA’s and the mix isn’t right. Not sure Neptune is seasoned enough for it.

They have beaten us 7 straight times. I mean c'mon!!!

There was a column in today's Inquirer calling for patience and that he deserves more time. Their biggest problem by far is that they just can't shoot like the Villanova teams we're used to. When they were shooting better, they were winning.

There was a column in today's Inquirer calling for patience and that he deserves more time. Their biggest problem by far is that they just can't shoot like the Villanova teams we're used to. When they were shooting better, they were winning.
I wonder how much of that is what they’re running + the lack of the “little things” Wright drilled into them that created better looks.

In the games I’ve watched they do not look as structurally sound. Remember all the jump stops, head fakes, pivots, ball reversals that made defenses overreact and freed guys? I don’t see much of that at all anymore.

Between recommending Willard to Maryland and Neptune to Nova, I don’t think schools will be asking Wright for any more recommendation.

Add Chambers at FGCU as a Wright recommendation. Good recruiter with the most talent in the Asun but lose and sometimes get blown out by lesser teams . Their point guard was the MVP of the City of Palms classic last year and their power forward would play on any power 6 team .

Wright, hands down. His court side manner was Boeheimian.

Cooley & McDermott are the new torch bearers with Pitino/Hurley closing fast.

Tough stretch for them. Away games are always tough and home losses to UConn and Marquette are forgivable.

I think anything less than 5-5 in the last 10 will have Neptune sweating.

Wright, hands down. His court side manner was Boeheimian.

Cooley & McDermott are the new torch bearers with Pitino/Hurley closing fast.
Not sure one was better (or worse) than the other.

Both started from the opening tip berating the refs and never let up all game long.

Maybe the best person to answer this question is Jerry Carino who sits next to the opposing team's bench. Next time we talk I will ask him.

Reactions: Seton75
I sat close to Nova bench during a BE Tourney game & was amazed what Jay was able to say without even being warned.

Wright whistle was worth +2-3 wins every year. Thats what great coaches do.

I watched a st a toc rout and hurley complained the whole game. But frankly, it it has an effect why stop.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT