ADVERTISEMENT

Go figure

Shapiro was quite partisan as AG. Pleasantly surprised to see this and good on him for doing it.

Shapiro was quite partisan as AG. Pleasantly surprised to see this and good on him for doing it.
I didn’t think he was as AG, but that may have been a function of the Governor (Wolf), who was really bad. Handling of pandemic was poor.

Shapiro is not pushing these extreme Dem positions and social programs.

Reactions: shu09
ubelievable people didnt vote for him considering the other candidate. great to see this.

i thought it would have been even more lopsided. i really like shapiro and glad to see this. almost like hes interested in making pa better for the residents.
And he’s picking R’s that do the same. Pat Browne (along with J.B. Reilly and Scott Fainor) are responsible for Allentown revitalization.

And he’s picking R’s that do the same. Pat Browne (along with J.B. Reilly and Scott Fainor) are responsible for Allentown revitalization.
allentowns a little far out for me. whats it like now?

Shapiro is holding his inauguration at Rock Lititz ( I live in Lititz). Smokey Robinson will perform.

Even Bobbie Solo must like Rock Lititz.

Reactions: HALL85
allentowns a little far out for me. whats it like now?
Redevelopment of City Center has gone exceptionally well. Started with building of PPL Center as anchor and something called the Neighborhood Improvement Zone (NIZ) that Browne got done. Several companies have relocated there (ADP has 800 employees for instance) and tons of new apartments (Strata is largest). Number of brew pubs, restaurants, great ethnic options). Now linking more development from Waterfront on Lehigh River. Lots of millennials and pet friendly. Think of what Newark tried to do with the Rock, but way more successful and without the corruption.

Shapiro is the future nationally of the Democratic Party. He has impressed many people on both sides. Now, can he govern as well? If he does, he’s on the fast track to being the Dem nominee in 2028.

A few years ago at the Pennsylvania district attorneys annual meeting they screwed up my food order and I didn't have a dinner. Shapiro was the speaker that night and had to leave early so they just took his place card and put it in front of me.

I kept the place card on my dresser for a few years but finally threw it out. If he ends up being president, I guess I might regret that.

Last edited:
Reactions: HALL85
Shapiro spoke about child abuse and opioid crisis as priorities in his inauguration speech along with problem solving and bipartisan approach. He actually has a track record of doing it. Complete upgrade from Wolf who was a jackass.

Reactions: shu09
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT