ADVERTISEMENT

Great One

Speaking of twitter. I came across this thread recently. Some of the best commentary I've read during this era and I don't even know who this guy is. No politics, just his views on the virus. Common sense people are out there, thankfully.

seth mcfarland was on late night tv this week still acting like hes been under quarantine for 2 years. it was odd.

Speaking of twitter. I came across this thread recently. Some of the best commentary I've read during this era and I don't even know who this guy is. No politics, just his views on the virus. Common sense people are out there, thankfully.

Finding someone to be reasonable because you agree with everything they are saying even though you don't know anything about him and his ability to understand the data he is talking about? Good example of confirmation bias.

Finding someone to be reasonable because you agree with everything they are saying even though you don't know anything about him and his ability to understand the data he is talking about? Good example of confirmation bias.
Isn’t that the essence of Twitter? lol

What's the term for criticizing someone just because you don't agree with them?

This is the problem with conversations today. Instead of reading what this person posted, you resort to personal attacks. This accomplishes nothing.

What's the term for criticizing someone just because you don't agree with them?

This is the problem with conversations today. Instead of reading what this person posted, you resort to personal attacks. This accomplishes nothing.

I read it, he got a lot wrong.

I'll go in order.

1. He's wrong. People who have been naturally infected with Covid can still spread Covid. Also, they should still get vaccinated if they are in a risk category as waning is expected from natural immunity similar to vaccination.
2. I agree. Children should lead normal lives.
3. Tentatively agree pending more data of MIS-C and long term effects.
4. I agree.
5. I agree.
6. He's wrong. He cited studies where mask use was worn by a person as protection from getting a virus. He ignored studies that show high compliance among everyone reduces transmission.
7. I agree. Vaccines should be left to the individual.
8. I agree that they should not be mandated, but they do reduce transmission. Many studies show this, but he cited a one time surveillance report as his support there. It is not surprising that when 90% of adults are vaccinated that most of the cases will be from the vaccinated. You need an actual study with control to look at the differences in transmission.
9. Lockdowns were a very short period of time when we didn't have any idea what this was or how to treat it. Early on, they made sense. Subsequently they do not.
10. Not sure what he means by "healthy people should not be tested". The problem with that phrase is half the country is unhealthy but very few actually realize that. If you think you may have Covid, you should be tested. Early detection will put you in the best spot for the best outcome.

If that's how you use it, yes.
Like most things though, that's up to the user.
Unfortunately it’s designed through algorithms to force people into various echo chambers. Tough to beat AI.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT