ADVERTISEMENT

Greetings from Indiana

Aug 7, 2003
I wanted to give you a heads up that a 7' Jamaican from Vincennes University is on his way to your campus. My dad has unofficially adopted Ro (Romaro Gill) and he has spent Christmas with our family in the two years he has been at Vincennes. My mom had a serious stroke in January, but Ro took time to visit despite his team activities, and school. My dad has enjoyed spending time with Ro and watching him these last 2 years

On the basketball side, he has learned a lot in two years. He is an excellent shot blocker with good hands and improved a lot on the offensive end. I would love to see him face competition in the Big East and hope he has a great visit!

Reactions: Section112
Just an FYI. The player is real. I have no idea at this time if the info is accurate.

I wanted to give you a heads up that a 7' Jamaican from Vincennes University is on his way to your campus. My dad has unofficially adopted Ro (Romaro Gill) and he has spent Christmas with our family in the two years he has been at Vincennes. My mom had a serious stroke in January, but Ro took time to visit despite his team activities, and school. My dad has enjoyed spending time with Ro and watching him these last 2 years

On the basketball side, he has learned a lot in two years. He is an excellent shot blocker with good hands and improved a lot on the offensive end. I would love to see him face competition in the Big East and hope he has a great visit!
Thanks!

Many years ago I ran in a cross country meet of 4 miles on a golf course at Vincennes University. That was in the mid 60's and their basketball team was one of the top JUCO teams in the country. On the walls in their gym they had framed pictures of all of their JUCO B-Ball All American players. They were so proud of their B-Ball at Vincennes.

Shawn Marrion played at Vincennes

I have watched the first half. Gill is an upgrade over Anthony. Very good shot blocker, needs to get stronger for rebounding, gets good position, makes a few good moves. Needs to finish a little bit better. It would be nice to have a big that could block a few shots and play 10-15 mins.

Gill averaged 5.1 PPG; 5. 3 RPG; 56.6 FG% and 42 FT% . Why would we ever consider taking a player as raw as this kid appears to be, is clearly a project and since he's a sophomore he only would have two years eligibility left and the chance of him ever being a factor for us is a very long shot. Aren't we better then this?

Last edited:
He is a 7 footer who can run, jump, and catch the ball.

Yes he is a bit raw as he hasn't played basketball too much but h ehas some tools. I am not saying offer him a scholarship but I wouldn't mind getting this kid on campus and letting him play pick up with the team to see what he is. I would almost rather have this kid them some of the transfers we are looking at to be honest.

Aside from Sandro nothing else excites me for this class. Call it a day and let khadeen run point and let Powell start at the 2

Reactions: VioletPirate
Aside from Sandro nothing else excites me for this class. Call it a day and let khadeen run point and let Powell start at the 2
And Gordon plays backup pg? We go with your idea and we'll be worried at the end of February about getting in or not.

It's not ideal that's for sure but I'm not convinced a freshman or low level transfer will be able to contribute at the level we need.

It's not ideal that's for sure but I'm not convinced a freshman or low level transfer will be able to contribute at the level we need.
Okay. I see what you're saying but we still have to get someone. Carrington really can't play 40 minutes and certainly not 40 minutes of pg.

We need a JUCO or Grad xfer for this season plus a 4 year player for the future....

If that's what ends up happening, it would be a monumental failure by this staff. It's simply inexcusable to completely whiff on bringing in a point guard when we have a team with four senior starters coming back. Point guards should be lining up to play for this team!

I have no problem at all with going after Duval. That was a good choice and we simply didn't get it done. No shame in that. But we MUST bring in a quality point guard for next season. With Carrington at the point, I think this year's uphill climb to get to 21 wins and a 9 seed would be our ceiling next year as well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT