ADVERTISEMENT

Hall - Rutgers likely on hold

I will not be dragged into an irrational discussion . We were better this year You guys have been much better in prior years . We will see what the future brings .

All I know is I wouldn’t trade coaches . For all the talent he has brought in to only have 1 NCAA Tournament
Win speaks volumes.

If Big 10 offered UCONN a spot , they would be gone in a second . Nothing else needs to be said about the prestige and comparison of the 2 leagues
Dude, you are complaining about being in this discussion and yet you’re posting at Seton Hall board? No one is making you post here right?

In any event, you are absolutely right, if Connecticut had gotten offered the big 10 spot they would’ve taken it in a heartbeat. RU definitely won the lottery with that invite. Now let’s see if you can make it work and not Rutgers it.

I will not be dragged into an irrational discussion . We were better this year You guys have been much better in prior years . We will see what the future brings .

All I know is I wouldn’t trade coaches . For all the talent he has brought in to only have 1 NCAA Tournament
Win speaks volumes.

If Big 10 offered UCONN a spot , they would be gone in a second . Nothing else needs to be said about the prestige and comparison of the 2 leagues
You’re a sad officious interloper. Desperate to convince all of us of something we know to be a fallacy. But as Kamala said do have a nice long weekend.

The 2021-22 Rutgers team will be much better than RU 2020-21 team? - a big negative there.

You guys certainly got worse. No big transfers or high-end HS recruits, and you lost arguably one of your best player to UCLA, 6th man, and maybe two more of your starters. A net negative from last year.

Much better than SHU 2021-22 team? - an even bigger negative there.

While the Hall lost Mamu, big loss for sure. We gained 3 potential starter transfers in Yetna, Harris, Richmond with 3 top 130 recruits for depth. We are certainly a net positive from last year.

Lastly, while RU had the better team last year, it wasn’t a huge difference between Rutgers and Hall, the difference between a bubble team and a double digit seed limping into the tourney isn’t that much.

As far as who is the better program. It’s not even a debate at this point. You needs at least a few years of being the better team to even begin to claim that.
Save yourself the trouble and just block this guy. Against my better judgement, I've read his posts for how long now?

1. He either has very little going on in his life that posting on a Seton Hall message board provides him with fulfillment, for which I feel sorry for.

2. He is a deliberate troll who comes here because he wants to piss off fans from a team that isn't is, which also circles back to having very little going on in his life.

I wish the guy no ill will, but this is a waste of all of our energy. I'd suggest everyone just block him, no one will even know he exists here anymore, and that will be that. It's not like we'd be missing anything beneficial to the board anyway by doing so. Why I waited this long, I have no idea.

The quick solve of this talk was to have played the game vs RU with no fans.....and SHU HAS to schedule better on the OOC slate because the Big East slate alone is not enough to garner a NCAA caliber resume..... nice try though
Since realignment, the Big East has been the better conference four times (by both RPI and Kenpom). The Big 10 has been better conference four times. Both leagues have been top 6 every year. Try again.

For the 2019-2020 season, Seton Hall averaged 10,328 per game and was ranked 36 in the country for attendance.
If you exclude the two games at Walsh, the average attendance was 11,663. The lowest attended game was on December 22 against Prairie View A & M and the attendance was 8879 for that game. Right now, Seton Hall could play Caldwell College at the Rock and sellout.

Regarding the comment that Seton Hall was "afraid" to play RU, that's laughable. Seton Hall plays a national OOC schedule. The fans love it and the players love it as well.

There is one aspect to scheduling that everyone seems to be ignoring. The fact the tournaments and other teams WANT to play you or invite you.
When Willard came here we were taking road trips to small gyms to play Longwood and getting zero invites to good tournaments. But thanks to our fans traveling well and having some really good teams, we get opportunities now that RU has not had up to this point.

a
There is one aspect to scheduling that everyone seems to be ignoring. The fact the tournaments and other teams WANT to play you or invite you.
When Willard came here we were taking road trips to small gyms to play Longwood and getting zero invites to good tournaments. But thanks to our fans traveling well and having some really good teams, we get opportunities now that RU has not had up to this point.

That’s not really true. Seton Hall was playing at Longwood because the school was too cheap to pay the going rates for guarantee games. Thus the 2 for 1 games with Longwood and Mercer and Morgan State.

For the most part, SHU has traveled to mostly good tournaments. The majority are owned by ESPN, so the fields get spread around by conference. The big exception to that is the Atlantis tournament. That was a merit-based invite that Lyons worked hard for.

Rutgers could go to good tournaments as well. There are more than enough out there. Pikiell just doesn’t want to.

Since realignment, the Big East has been the better conference four times (by both RPI and Kenpom). The Big 10 has been better conference four times. Both leagues have been top 6 every year. Try again.
Hold on Bud, don't let facts get in the way of the RU narrative!

These RU fans are proving their stupidity. Why pay any attention to these blowhards?

You've gotta give the Big 10 credit where it's due. It was a pretty brilliant call last year to collectively play nobody OOC so they could just ride their over-inflated preseason rankings without any real risk of losing. It worked brilliantly...until the tournament when they were forced to play quality opponents and got slaughtered lol

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT