ADVERTISEMENT

Happy 93rd birthday. Hackman one of the all time great actors.

"We need a fifth coach. My team's on the floor."

"Make it a good one Strap."

"You see those are the exact same measurements as our gym back in Hickory. "

Reactions: pirate AI
A few days ago I watched The French Connection for the first time. Great film! Happy birthday, Gene.
Love that film. A true classic. AND, none of the scenes shot in the NYC streets including the car chase were shot with any kind of permission. The director --William Friedkin-- has discussed this in interviews.

Three of my favorite Gene Hackman roles are all ones that are either underrated or unknown, and probably say a lot about my weird sense of humor:
Washington Sentinels coach in The Replacements (one of my top 10 sports movies)
-The senator in The Birdcage. Underrated awesome movie for many reasons, and his character was a parody, but I re-watched it recently and it was genuinely hard to tell stuff he said in the movie from actual quotes from some lawmakers in DC from both parties have said in recent years.
-This one was uncredited, but he was also the blind monk in a random one-off scene in Young Frankenstein where he improvised most of his lines. I’ll never forget how much my parents laughed hysterically every time he said “Come back! I was going to make espresso!” as the monster ran away.

Reactions: 1974PIRATE
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT