ADVERTISEMENT

Heating up

Who is jason Walters?

I have never been a fan of Manuel but i trust the staff and hope he proves me wrong and turns out to be a great player.

Who is jason Walters?

I have never been a fan of Manuel but i trust the staff and hope he proves me wrong and turns out to be a great player.

I had the same question about Walters but he does tweet a lot of times about where he believes players will wind up.

Who is jason Walters?

Info not just from him.

Great source on the Trove who has the same info.

You mean the staff finally decided that signing a local, borderline top 100 big man is a good idea?

Funny how they’ve signed tons of players over the years that had no business playing D1, yet a kid like this they hesitate on.

Man I hope they make some changes to this staff. These guys suck at recruiting.

You mean the staff finally decided that signing a local, borderline top 100 big man is a good idea?

Funny how they’ve signed tons of players over the years that had no business playing D1, yet a kid like this they hesitate on.

They played a similar game with JW after the Duval thing too...

Reactions: mbraue and Seton75

Yeah it’s their fault kids haven’t passed up bags, boxes, and envelopes filled with cash to come to Seton Hall. Sadly I believe kids want to play for Willard and Sha but are being given offers we can’t match and the players can’t refuse.

Maybe if you had a clue on what you're talking about you would deserve a listen. But you don't! You simply troll on and on about anything negative you can conjure up.

Yeah it’s their fault kids haven’t passed up bags, boxes, and envelopes filled with cash to come to Seton Hall. Sadly I believe kids want to play for Willard and Sha but are being given offers we can’t match and the players can’t refuse.
Recruiting the very best local players is fine.

Assuming you are going to land some, even any, of them without giving away jobs is foolish. The FBI showed you one reason why.

Jordan Walker and Valdir Manuel are the types of players Willard can actually get.

Why hesitate on signing them?

His recruiting strategy is pure chaos. Now I’m reading he’s bringing a 2 star player from the Midwest in for a visit? The kid has offers from Tennessee State and SIUE.

Reactions: ArtieLange9
Maybe if you had a clue on what you're talking about you would deserve a listen. But you don't! You simple troll on and on about anything negative you can conjure up.
Why the hesitation by the staff on Manuel?

Do they have someone better lined up like Austin Richie?

Last edited:
Well, I would have thought that you would know the behind the scenes situation re his recruitment since you you're so strongly opinionated. Guess not.

The staff is handling the situation well. They know what they're doing. Otherwise they would not be aiming for their 3rd consecutive NCAA appearance. Something that has not been done since the PJ years.

Well, I would have thought that you would know the behind the scenes situation re his recruitment since you you're so strongly opinionated. Guess not.

The staff is handling the situation well. They know what they're doing. Otherwise they would not be aiming for their 3rd consecutive NCAA appearance. Something that has not been done since the PJ years.
Willard has done a great job the past 2 years getting the team to the dance.

His recruiting is still baffling. He takes borderline D1 players like Auda, Germiapoor, Carter, Anderson, etc but hesitates on Manuel?

I’m no insider but everything I’ve been told is that he’s wanted to commit to SHU for awhile.

Reactions: ArtieLange9
Recruiting the very best local players is fine.

Assuming you are going to land some, even any, of them without giving away jobs is foolish. The FBI showed you one reason why.

Jordan Walker and Valdir Manuel are the types of players Willard can actually get.

Why hesitate on signing them?

His recruiting strategy is pure chaos. Now I’m reading he’s bringing a 2 star player from the Midwest in for a visit? The kid has offers from Tennessee State and SIUE.

His recruiting is baffling?? Our lineup next season already has Walker, Powell, Cale, Gordon, McKnight, Thompson, Nzei, Mamu, Gill, and Brodie. We're looking for 3 guys. We definitely need at least 1 to be a true SF. If the 2 star is a guy with little chance of playing next year but great future potential, I'm all for it.

Reactions: garyshu71
Recruiting has so many ins and outs that the general public is unaware of. Even some partial insiders like myself and a few others here do not know everything that goes on.

Too many times we (and that means all of us) criticize without all the facts.

Let the process play out.

I am no fan of Willard's recruiting but, can't we all just take a break and be happy that it looks like a kid everyone here wants at SHU, is going to be a Pirate next year.

Last edited:
Reactions: SHUMA04
Recruiting has so many ins and outs that the general public is unaware of. Even some partial insiders like myself and a few others here do not know everything that goes on.

Too many times we (and that means all of us) criticize without all the facts.

Let the process play out.

I personally don't need to know the ins and outs to know that Willard, Holloway, Hill, and Billmeier each know way more about basketball than I'll ever know. Predicting success of players is hard. Getting kids that fit and play as a team is also hard and those qualities are beyond what we can see even if we watched every one of their HS games.

I love this team that the coaches have assembled.

Just a question. We are now looking for a top wing and another PG. What if Sandro is actually a big 3. Have we ever had this much size on this team.
Playing
5 AD, Gil
4 ish, Nzei
3 Desi, Sandro, Cale
2 Powell, Gordon
1 Deano, Jelly
Cale can float from 3 to 2
That’s 11 for this year.
Manuel, Gil and Brodie fight out for the 5
Nzei, Sandro + 1 at the 4
Sandro Cale +1 at the 3
Powell, McKnight at the 2
Jelly plus 1 at the 1
That makes 13.
Doesn’t look too bad to me plus we have some relatively talented walk-on’s

Just a question. We are now looking for a top wing and another PG. What if Sandro is actually a big 3. Have we ever had this much size on this team.
Playing
5 AD, Gil
4 ish, Nzei
3 Desi, Sandro, Cale
2 Powell, Gordon
1 Deano, Jelly
Cale can float from 3 to 2
That’s 11 for this year.
Manuel, Gil and Brodie fight out for the 5
Nzei, Sandro + 1 at the 4
Sandro Cale +1 at the 3
Powell, McKnight at the 2
Jelly plus 1 at the 1
That makes 13.
Doesn’t look too bad to me plus we have some relatively talented walk-on’s

That was my thought a while ago if we struck out with King. Mamu at Sf.

Reactions: garyshu71
I personally don't need to know the ins and outs to know that Willard, Holloway, Hill, and Billmeier each know way more about basketball than I'll ever know. Predicting success of players is hard. Getting kids that fit and play as a team is also hard and those qualities are beyond what we can see even if we watched every one of their HS games.

I love this team that the coaches have assembled.
And getting Kids that go to class & succeed kw & staff never seem to get any credit for that ... Rarely mentioned here cept 4 me.

Taurean Thompson was a home run get for this program. That kid has unlimited potential. Add in Manuel and McKnight coming from Sacred Heart and don’t think that’s too shabby either for the ‘18-19 season.

You forgot TT and Gordon.

For some reason, I have always liked Gordon's game. I am definitely glad he is on the team as he brings tremendous back court depth. However, given his PT, I have also always worried about him leaving.

Just an FYI. I have now talked to my sources and for our Trove readers I will pass on what I know on that site in a few minutes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT